Coronavirus Hysteria

All of the factories we work with in Shenzhen are completely shutdown. Electronics industry in particular is going to be heavily impacted. What I'm hearing is that the very earliest they expect to be back to work and actually shipping out newly manufactured products is May.

Pretty worrying if that's true because practically no retailers are carrying 3-4 months of inventory across even their most popular SKU. I'm currently holding off the launch of another business that I've been working on for almost 6-months, because of the impact coronavirus is having on our current manufacturing.

I find that really hard to believe. Until May would be insane.

If they have some privy information to predict May, that would make me think we're about to see some really crazy things unfold.

My factory rep told me there's a 14 day incubation period for the disease, and after that there supposed to be okay.

Very interesting secondary factor. Anyone noticing, this disease is apparently not effecting people with higher percentages of melanin? OR do you do you think they are ignoring places like Africa / South America / Caribbean?

The situation is beyond scary. The media is keeping quiet to limit panic, but what we're seeing in China is an absolute catastrophe, and it's inevitably seeping across the globe as we speak.

The only (relatively) positive thing I see is it seems like the virus may be less severe against non-Asians. That's not good news for Asians, obviously, but it would at least limit the global death toll. Of course, that opens up a whole new can of worms . . .

The situation is beyond scary. The media is keeping quiet to limit panic, but what we're seeing in China is an absolute catastrophe, and it's inevitably seeping across the globe as we speak.

The only (relatively) positive thing I see is it seems like the virus may be less severe against non-Asians. That's not good news for Asians, obviously, but it would at least limit the global death toll. Of course, that opens up a whole new can of worms . . .

Talked to one of my suppliers. They are DEFINITELY forcing the people there to stay quiet.

UNREAL how they not only have to be scared of the virus but also their government.

Me: Can you talk about it at all?
Him: Dear sir, I really wanna talk about more things to you. But Chinese people believe that we can conquer the virus.
Him: Meanwhile, we need to obey our country law.

Definitely need to NOT depend on china for global business................ This type of thing shows why.

It looks like you've been reading /pol/ @Jared.

Things are going to be very disrupted and we won't know for how long for at least a month. Singapore should give a clearer picture.

There will be all sorts of repercussions. A large amount of the world's cheap meds are made in China/India.

What do they say, 'May you live in interesting times'.

I have a serious question, is there such a thing as a NOT crazy billionaire? It seems “crazy” is a key ingredient now-a-days to being a billionaire. I’ve been doing it all wrong this whole time.

The real question is which of you are dreaming of Mother Abigail and which of you are having visions of Randall Flagg?

I'm probably an idiot, but I'm not too worried about this.

I'm usually more worried when mainstream media isn't worried, such as with Ebola, which could absolutely shut down even advanced countries.

The reason I'm not too worried about this:

1) There's no use

If it goes pandemic, we're all getting it. No prepping can help unless you plan on isolating yourself from humanity for 5 years. I've heard professors say about 50% of all of us will catch it. Sucks, but then, what's the use of prepping right?

2) It seems to be slow in spreading outside China

Yes, I know a few cases, here and there. One dead in Japan, which has me sort of worried, but we don't know the circumstance. I'll be worried once we have someone dead in Europe.

Years back in the Obama era CNN went on a rant about ebola for 4 months. The thing is only 2 people died of ebola in the USA in the last 10 years. Mainstream media uses fear to keep you glued to the TV and panicking. Let the fear go mates, it’s all fake news.

Influenza kills 80,000 to 90,000 American YEARLY. CoronaVirus at 1300 is not even a fraction. All you have to do is wash your hands and if get sick, stay in bed. People dying are old and people with weak or immature immune systems - like any other cold.

This isn’t the Zombie Apocalypse folks. If CCarter is the voice of reason something is wrong, don’t you think?

You have a better chance of getting into a car accident then dying of ebola or coronavirus combined.

Something to consider: the reason why Mainstream Media is always on the fringes now-a-days is because they are losing power since anyone can have a voice. They report the extremes more and more to keep you watching.

An example is Trump: In the past Mainstream Media would filter whatever the President said to their audience. Trump broke that by talking directly to the world through his Twitter account. Now MSM is literally reporting on tweets, think about how crazy that sounds.

What we are seeing is the dying eradicate behavior of the Mainstream Media. They no longer have power of authority to sway their audience with their opinion, so they resort to ViralNova style sensationalism coverage instead of real reporting.

Just turn off the TV mates. Your anxiety levels will drop drastically. You will no longer be afraid of the “other” people, and realize that for the most part 99% of your day is calm, peaceful, and rather safe.

The Spanish Flu actually killed off the strong due to immune malfunction. I don't if it still would though, I imagine that anti-histamines and steroids might help against that.

You should fear the mighty Ebola though CCarter.

If you don't know, then now you know, that the Black Death was likely some form of Ebola or Marburg Virus.

Yes, 2 people died, because few got in.

Now why is Ebola different than Corona? One, it spreads chaotic fear due its absolutely terrifying symptoms. Two, it is highly contagious, particularly to health personel, which is less than ideal, when those are needed to treat it. Three, the security measures needed to contain Ebola, are effective, but very limited in scale.

Obviously we have nothing to fear from a single case of ebola flying in, but that's not what I'm seeing. What I am seeing is someone with ebola landing in a Greek refugee camp or an african landing in a french banlieu, where the law don't apply. That could turn nasty, fast.

In Shocking Admission, WHO Advisor Says Coronavirus May Infect Over 5 Billion People - Zero Hedge

In yet another sign of the World Health Organization's about-face on the coronavirus outbreak, a top epidemiologist and advisor to the organization said Thursday that if the virus isn't contained soon, it could infect 60% of the global population - or more than 5 billion people - echoing projections made by a Hong Kong scientist who was once labeled an alarmist despite his pioneering work in the fight against SARS.

According to Bloomberg, that's what WHO advisor Ira Longini said after finishing a study of the virus's transmissibility. His estimates suggest that the virus could one day infect billions of people, far more than the ~60,000 or so cases as of earlier on Thursday.

If the virus truly has a mortality rate of 2% (around the low end of current estimates), at this rate, it would kill more than 100 million.

If the virus grows significantly outside of China, I'm guessing we'll see a total shut down of all global travel within 1-2 months, followed by lockdowns in major cities across the world.

Keep in mind, the virus can be asymptomatic for a long period of time -- maybe several weeks -- which makes it exceptionally dangerous. It could be bubbling under in the U.S. as we speak, being spread around by people completely unaware they have it.

Scary times . . .

2% chance of death is pretty low guys- and that is within China. Getting it in the USA you are far less likely to die. Shit is wildly over exaggerated.

100 million people dying isn’t a lot in grand schema of 8 billion people over populating the earth.

You should fear the mighty Ebola though CCarter.

If you don't know, then now you know, that the Black Death was likely some form of Ebola or Marburg Virus.

I don’t plan on going to a 3rd world country anytime soon, and when I do I never drink their water.

Look at the timeline, 1820 = plague, 1920 = plague... what year is it now, 2020... hmmm, i guess it was time.

Scary times . . .

Why?

If that many people get it, nothing you can do.

Just hope they create a vaccine in time.

Look at the timeline, 1820 = plague, 1920 = plague... what year is it now, 2020... hmmm, i guess it was time.

What's absolutely certain is that the third and developing world (China included), is operating well above capacity.

I definitely don't want to talk about wide scale dying off, but when you research about the state of Delhi, Mumbai and various other Indian cities, you realize these cities stand no chance what so ever, to combat a more serious airborne pathogen. Consider that at least the chinese have running, clean water for the most part. Indians don't and they have appalling health conditions and millions cramped together.

This virus is nothing like anything we've seen in our lifetime.

People can believe what they want, but it's different when you're talking about a disease THRIVING ROBUSTLY in 1st world nations.

Lots of things can go wrong in a 3rd world b/c of poor diets, living conditions without basic soap, etc......... but when something's doing this kind of damage in places where people have top living conditions, it says a lot.

And to be honest, i'd be more worried in places where the majority is of fairer skin. They say it's because of climate , heat and humidity, it's not effecting Africa -South American- Caribbean.. which may be true but somethings' really odd about how this disease is laid out on the map thus far.

I could just be making an early call with limited data available b/c countries aren't reporting quickly.. maybe... but...........I def feel like my chances are better where im at of not having an issue until all blows over.

And the death count... I belive it's FAR GREATER than what's reported. A LONG WAY WORSE. The videos that people have been secretly releasing, whistle blowing, are super disturbing. Busloads of body bags and morgues overloaded. THe numbers have to be more than 1500 by a long shot. The morgues within a place the size of Wuhan would burn through those quickly in China. They wouldn't be leaving bodies piled in rooms .

Once they answer the question of who created this.............................. it will let us know a lot.

Last edited:
Like @bernard said very little you can do either way. Buy some extra food. Buy gas masks to sell at inflated prices if you can, worrying about it excessively won't really help.

This is a comment on the site linked above coroborating ccatter's point:

"I remember the 'Hong Kong Flu' from the early 70's. It was supposed to be a global killer. That and the New Ice Age. This Corona Virus is the latest fuckery to come out of the Orient. It is a bit more virulent than some viruses (they are constantly mutating), but it is really just another flu virus. I would hazard a guess that few Chinese people are immunized after birth/as children and are very susceptible to the flu and other diseases. So, here it is 50 years later, and the ***-press is trying to convince us that the Corona Virus, in concert with globaloney warming, is going to wipe out humanity unless we pay the jews trillions of dollars in green taxes to save the whales/trees/humanity."

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a classic school yard rumor scenario. If some kid early in the morning claims to have hooked up with some girl, all they need is a small bit of potential creditable or the school kids’ “wilingness” to defame the girl and the whole school believes the rumor by the end of the day.

The thing is with the internet if you want to hear good stuff you’ll go to places where you normally hear good stuff. If you want to look for negativity you’ll go to places where negativity thrives. Since the Mainstream Media is on it’s dying breath they no longer control the narrative.

So anyone can say anything, and if you want to believe “Asians have diseases” cause they are the “other”, you’ll look for sources that propagate your bias.

These echo chambers create confirmation bias.

Logically would an exiled billionaire have a reason to make the country he is exiled from look bad? Of course.

He’s probably going to talk next about the new countries he invests in so globally the markets shift to also investing in infrastructure of those countries.

You guys need to think 2-3 steps ahead and ask yourself, when you come across information that might contradict reality, “Why is this person is saying this? Could they have an ulterior motive?”

Occum’s razor, There probably is a reason an exiled Chinese billionaire is trying to make China look bad.

Regardless of the deaths count, the halting of the world’s largest producer of cheap goods is going to have lasting impact on everything to come for several years.

China was pretty much taking over the world, look at the large investment and free money they are spending in Africa alone. But now this virus comes around and... things change quickly. Does make you wonder though...

But in all seriousness the Mainstream Media has been sending us into panic mode every month since Obama got elected.

I can’t think of a single moment when things were “okay” according to them.

Every month it’s some: “We’re all going to die!” Last month it was World War 3 with Iran - really?

China was pretty much taking over the world, look at the large investment and free money they are spending in Africa alone. But now this virus comes around and... things change quickly. Does make you wonder though...

Yes, the chinese and even russians, have hinted at corona being a CIA plot, but that would be too much wouldn't it?

@bernard if you are a student of history, you know that truth is often stranger than fiction.

It'll probably be 30 years before we know and by that time, no one will care.

Like @bernard said very little you can do either way. Buy some extra food. Buy gas masks to sell at inflated prices if you can, worrying about it excessively won't really help.

Hope you guys got in on the stock trade. You can def get richer, if not healthier.

Population needs make even the white masks profitable.

I gave away the tip on "Moderna" to some people traveling before it took a jump.
The company that made those white masks had a nice spurt too.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/02/13/why-novavax-stock-is-marching-higher-today.aspx

https://markets.businessinsider.com...virus-antibody-tests-crispr-2020-1-1028847912

Exclusive: 11 Coronavirus deaths in Iran - Iran International

At least 11 deaths in Iran seemingly overnight. There's an alleged translation of a phone call between a doctor and his assistant where they say 20+ dead, but it's unverified.

The city of Qom, Iran (1.3 million) is going on military-enforced lock down:

The virus is highly contagious with symptoms delayed for up to weeks, making it more or less uncontainable. It's only a matter of time before it breaks out across the U.S. and U.K., assuming it hasn't already. It'll be sure to destroy the world economy along the way, thanks to major cities going on lock down, and business and manufacturing being suspended.

It's crazy how many people don't yet realize this is probably going to be the biggest world event of their lifetime.

It's now starting to blow up in Italy and Iran, while continuing to grow in East Asia. It seems to be beyond containment, and that a global pandemic is inevitable. Let's just hope the case fatality rate is low.

12.png

BREAKING NEWS
Coronavirus claims 50 lives in Iranian city, report says
Fears of a global pandemic continue to grow after Iran’s semiofficial ILNA news agency reported Monday that 50 people in the Iranian city of Qom have died this month from the coronavirus. Other countries like Italy and South Korea have also reported new cases of the virus.

Back