Core Web Vitals: Google Confirms New Ranking Signals

I sure hope so and I agree.

Google needs to drop all the autistic tech assholery and just focus on actual relative page experience.

I don't have those kinds of ads, but I embed Youtube, use a lot of images and illustrations and try to build informative, well formatted pages made for users.

And I know they work, because I have very high page value, the best page value, people tell me they've never seen so high page value.
Use WP Rocket and you should hit 99% unless something else is really whack with your setup and your ads aren't the problem.

Use WP Rocket and you should hit 99% unless something else is really whack with your setup and your ads aren't the problem.

Not even close.

From 27 to 40.

Sure, if you use the "defer javascript" thing (up to 80), but that's not a real method, that's just fooling the Page Speed checker and it so lame, that it evens defers its own Lazy Load script, so your logo won't show up by default lol. And your site will not respond for a few seconds after a user action.

The problem is using Elementor and embedding a bunch of content and using a bunch of images. That's just never going to be green.

It is literally impossible to be green with Elementor (barring the javascript defer method).

Maybe the problem is...... Wordpress.....
What if google is sick of shitty wp sites.

/me Runs and hides from the pr goons squad..

I'm using the WordPress 2021 theme, have a ton of images and my page speed is consistently 97/99 on mobile / desktop. I'm not running ads at this point, so I don't know the impact that will have. After I optimized my photo sizes, any specific pages that had issues were from YouTube embeds and once I moved them down the page, they seem fine.

Sure, if you use the "defer javascript" thing (up to 80), but that's not a real method, that's just fooling the Page Speed checker and it so lame, that it evens defers its own Lazy Load script, so your logo won't show up by default lol. And your site will not respond for a few seconds after a user action.
Who cares if it just fools it, do you want a better score or not?

I haven't had any issues with logos nor slow site response either.

Who cares if it just fools it, do you want a better score or not?

I haven't had any issues with logos nor slow site response either.

It's not a good user experience to have an actual unresponsive site for 3 seconds.

The problem is using Elementor and embedding a bunch of content and using a bunch of images. That's just never going to be green.

It is literally impossible to be green with Elementor (barring the javascript defer method).
We are in the green with one of our sites that uses elementor, using the nitropack plugin. It is annoying to use but if you are stuck with elementor (as we are with this site) it can work.

We are in the green with one of our sites that uses elementor, using the nitropack plugin. It is annoying to use but if you are stuck with elementor (as we are with this site) it can work.

You're doing the "defer javascript" hack then.

Why not ditch Elementor and rebuild using Oxygen Builder? Elementor in general is a bloated pile of shit with nested divs and bloat.

Why not ditch Elementor and rebuild using Oxygen Builder? Elementor in general is a bloated pile of shit with nested divs and bloat.
thats a good tip. basically this client has hundreds and hundreds of pages built with elementor (not my choice)... rebuilding would be a huge pain. but you are probably right

thats a good tip. basically this client has hundreds and hundreds of pages built with elementor (not my choice)... rebuilding would be a huge pain. but you are probably right
So just to clarify, are ALL of these pages unique? Due to how Oxygen's templating system is setup, you can easily create individual templates based on category, author, etc.

So just to clarify, are ALL of these pages unique? Due to how Oxygen's templating system is setup, you can easily create individual templates based on category, author, etc.
they all have unique articles on them, but there are basically only 2 or 3 different layouts used for all the pages

they all have unique articles on them, but there are basically only 2 or 3 different layouts used for all the pages
If you mean like "unique posts," then yeah that's easily achievable via Oxygen's templating system. Create those 2-3 layouts and then through the backend of Oxygen, define the parameters for those specific templates. Meaning if they go to click a post in a specific category by a specific author, it will inject/output that template with the data.

My sites have multiple single-post templates based on the authorship (who I need to display as the reviewer for content) as well as other nuanced stuff; To be honest, with dynamic data in Oxygen you can do a lot.

Without knowing more about your site/situation it's hard to say but I'd definitely give Oxygen a shot. To quote them: "We also offer a no questions asked 60 day money back guarantee. If you're unhappy with Oxygen for any reason, [their email] requesting a refund and we'll issue it for you."

Has anyone noticed any ranking shifts with the recent page experience update? I know rollout is still going on currently, but I imagine the effects are largely felt by now.

I recently did some work collecting data on this for a partner's study - and while I can't reveal any findings, I can confirm that they think it's important

Back