Cool Free Tools, That Might Be HelpFull?

Degree
Text mechanic,

Text Mechanic™ - Text Manipulation Tools
Welcome to TextMechanic.com! A collection of simple, single task, browser based, text manipulation tools.
Basic Text Tools:
Add Prefix/Suffix into Line - Insert a prefix and/or suffix into the content of each line.
Add/Remove Line Breaks - Add new line breaks and/or remove exisiting line breaks within your text's formatting.
Count Characters, Words, Lines - Count your text's characters, words, sentences, lines and word frequency.
Delimited Column Extractor - Extract a specific column of delimited text from each line of your input text.
Find and Replace Text - Find and replace text matching your search criteria.
Letter Case Converter - Convert your text's letter case to UPPER, lower, RaNdOM and more.
Merge Text (Line by Line) - Merge two sets of textline by line with the option of writing a prefix, divider or suffix into each merged line.
Remove Duplicate Lines - Remove/delete all duplicate lines within your text/list.
Remove Empty Lines - Remove/delete all empty lines within your text/list.
Remove Extra Spaces - Remove leading/trailing/extra/all whitespaces from your text.
Remove Letter Accents - Remove common letter accents from your text. (e.g. à will convert into a)
Remove Lines Containing... - Remove lines containing or not containing your specified search text.
Sort Text Lines - Sort your text's lines in alphabetical, length, random or reverse order.
Sort Text Lines by Hand - Manually sort text lines via your eyes, brain and hand.

Format Tools:
ASCII to Unicode Converter - Convert plain text into decimal/hex unicode formats.

Obfuscation Tools:
Binary Code Translator - Obfuscate text by encoding it into the 0s and 1s of binary code. Very geeky!
Encryption Generator - Encrypt/decrypt text via password using Tiny Encryption Algorithm (TEA) and base64.
Reverse Text Generator - Reverse text, flip text, reverse wording, flip wording, reverse each word's lettering, flip letters upside down.
Word Scrambler/Unscrambler- Scramble/unscramble each word's lettering within a body of text.

Randomization Tools:
Random Line Picker - Pick random lines from your input text/list. Lines can contain names, numbers, etc.
Random Number Generator - Generate random numbers from your entered low/high range with prefix, suffix and delimiter options.
Random String Generator - Generate random text string(s) from your entered input elements such as characters, words, sentences, etc.
String Randomizer - Randomize strings within line breaks or specified delimiter.

Combination / Permutation Tools:
Combination Generator - Make combination from text.
Line Combination Generator - Combine text lines.
Permutation Generator - Make permutations from text. (Letters, numbers, symbols, words, sentences, etc.)

Numeration Tools:
Generate List of Numbers - Generate a list of sequential numbers from your selected low/high number range.
Number Each Line - Add a sequential number to each line of text. Enumerate items within a list.
Online Tally Counter - Count using multiple, indepently named tallies which are recorded into a printable list.

Tools provided as-is, without warranty of any kind and used at your own risk. ©2014 TextMechanic.com | Privacy

Stumbled on this site. has a lot of scraping features that are beyond me , but looks impressive:
https://wiki.digitalmethods.net/Dmi/ToolDatabase

It does this stuff??
Media Analysis: Media Monitoring | Mapping | Clouding | Comparative Media Analysis
Data Treatment: Data Collection | Data Analysis | Information Visualization
Natively Digital: The Link | The URL | The Tag | The Domain | The PageRank | The Robots.txt
Device Centric: Google | Google Images | Google News | Google Blog Search | Yahoo | Wikipedia | Alexa | IssueCrawler | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon | iTunes | Wayback
Spherical: Web Sphere | News Sphere | Blogosphere | Tag Sphere | Video Sphere | Image Sphere

Thanks for this! I think I could spend hours just trying to wrap my head around all these functions.. are there any specific uses for these that you think would be particularly useful? Any 'low-hanging fruit"?

That sites loaded with amazing tools!!, I haven’t yet wrapped my head around it all. But ....

https://tools.digitalmethods.net/beta/scrapeGoogle/autocomplete.php
Holy smokes auto complete list for any country or town in a country! Talk about long tail research

The scrapers are all nuts,
https://tools.digitalmethods.net/beta/scrapeGoogle/

this site is really a hidden gem! I found it because i wanted to scrape emails from Disqus..

The full power of all the tools here will take some one more advanced than me to discover

Seriously, that is pure awesome @Murk great share. There is so much here to play with...

Here is one I found a while back which is handy for checking Majestic stats.

http://www.webmastercare.com/majestic-seo-information/

It allows you to bulk check up to 20 URLS with TF, CT, Ref Domains, External Back links.... (its pretty much the same tool you have if you have a majestic account - but its free to use).

Its handy for checking the top ten results in Google if you are looking at the competition ...

Copy Followers with IMacro plugin Get it and Do this:

"
Hey Guys! Made a new iMacro's script (I should prob start posting all of mine)

Here's The Script:

Code:

VERSION BUILD=7601105 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Follow<SP>Following<SP>Unfollow<SP>Blocked<SP>Unblock<SP>Pen*

Instructions:
1. Open browser And iMacros (works in Chrome and Firefox)
2. Copy and paste the above code and save it
3. Login to your twitter account
4. Navigate to the follower list (or following list) on twitter accounts like (OfficialdDrannex) or (ItsMeMacleod)
5. Change you MAX number of loops (the amount of accounts you wish to follow) and press "Play (Loop)"
8. Sit back or go and make something to eat and drink, while the script automatically follows every user on that twitter users page!

REMEMBER: TWITTER ONLY ALLOWS YOU TO FOLLOW 1000 USERS A DAY!

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackh...-another-twitter-users-followers-quickly.html
"

There are also a million other scripts to use out there!!

2) ActionAlly - Browser plugin to help keep you focused and effective: http://actionally.com/

3) Game to help increase fluid intelligence (short term memory) - http://brainworkshop.sourceforge.net/tutorial.html

Action Ally seems pretty cool. I like the idea. Not sure I'd use it due to my workflow but I could see that being effective for some folks, especialliy if they worked in a reward schedule to go along with it.

The Dual N-Backs or whatever they are called, I saw that years ago along with the research to go with it. I remember seeing something about even raising IQ points a lil bit (nothing too drastic). Windows only though. I'd like to try Luminosity or one of those with more games and better tracking and what not. I just don't know if they actually produce any long-term effects.

Action Ally seems pretty cool. I like the idea. Not sure I'd use it due to my workflow but I could see that being effective for some folks, especialliy if they worked in a reward schedule to go along with it.

The Dual N-Backs or whatever they are called, I saw that years ago along with the research to go with it. I remember seeing something about even raising IQ points a lil bit (nothing too drastic). Windows only though. I'd like to try Luminosity or one of those with more games and better tracking and what not. I just don't know if they actually produce any long-term effects.

Yep the Dual N-Back that I linked to has a good amount of research backing. My goal is to complete 10 minutes/day and work my way up to the 25 minutes/day that is recommended.

I bought one of these nifty little timers off amazon and keep it on my desk whenever I need to work on something for x amount of time: (write article, dual n-back, work on website, etc) http://www.amazon.com/Datexx-Miracl...TF8&qid=1424034565&sr=8-1&keywords=dice+timer

jdsl6Ja.jpg

You just turn the "dice" to the time you want and it sets the alarm. Quick and easy :smile:

One that I've been using a fair bit recently is Answer the Public - It gives you a good overview of the kind of questions people are asking in your niche.

By no means comprehensive but I've certainly found a few gems of content titles from that tool.

Back