Content workflow/organisation tool?

Degree
What tool/s are people using to manage their content workflow. I was using a multitude of spreadsheets but have just moved everything into Airtable and like it.

Wondering what others use?

I compile my keyword research into rows in a local spreadsheet, where each row becomes an article.

I then create a new card in Trello (using their automation stuff to make it fast) and add all the keyword details to the card. It gets assigned to the right people to start making its way through the workflow.

Once it's done, some final data is placed into the spreadsheet and that row is moved to its final resting place in the spreadsheet where all the published articles are listed.

I like the Trello workflow, but I'm not working on specific time tables for each step, though. Of course I have a publishing schedule but there's not deadlines in-between. Once time becomes a factor, I don't think Trello is that satisfactory. I see some bigger players that use ClickUp and some that use Monday and I've seen mentions of Airtable too.

I compile my keyword research into rows in a local spreadsheet, where each row becomes an article.

I then create a new card in Trello (using their automation stuff to make it fast) and add all the keyword details to the card. It gets assigned to the right people to start making its way through the workflow.

Once it's done, some final data is placed into the spreadsheet and that row is moved to its final resting place in the spreadsheet where all the published articles are listed.

I like the Trello workflow, but I'm not working on specific time tables for each step, though. Of course I have a publishing schedule but there's not deadlines in-between. Once time becomes a factor, I don't think Trello is that satisfactory. I see some bigger players that use ClickUp and some that use Monday and I've seen mentions of Airtable too.
Yep, that was/is pretty much exactly my process. I’ve basically just moved that to Airtable to get everything in one place.

I’m now working on connecting it to WordPress so that when the article gets published that data gets sent back to Airtable automatically and then pulling data in from GA so I can monitor the stats on each article get performance alerts etc.

I stick to Google Sheets. It can do everything air table, click up, Monday and so forth can do but without the one major downfall. You see, if someone on your team doesn’t know how to use those SAAS, it’ll screw everything up. At my last company, there was a person whose job was to manage the SaaS. I just like using Sheets with blocked columns. I create my own dashboard too to show me data that I want to see.

I stick to Google Sheets. It can do everything air table, click up, Monday and so forth can do but without the one major downfall. You see, if someone on your team doesn’t know how to use those SAAS, it’ll screw everything up. At my last company, there was a person whose job was to manage the SaaS. I just like using Sheets with blocked columns. I create my own dashboard too to show me data that I want to see.
Yep, I used Sheets for ages and like it. But I’m after more automation, alerting, integrated Kanban board etc so I’m trying out Airtable. Might move back to Sheets + Trello if it becomes too expensive/complex.

Sheets / AirTable is probably all you'll ever need.

If you're collaborating with a ton of people, you may want to consider a SaaS option like https://gathercontent.com.

Not sure if you're doing this already, but you can use Zapier to connect a Sheets tab to Trello.

I have the same workflow as you, but I paste all of the keyword data straight into a tab on Sheets. Zapier then turns every new row into its own Trello card, pulling in things like article name, URL, notes, approximate length, link to the writing guidelines and category template.

Just mentioning incase you're manually adding the keyword details to Trello cards yourself - could save a bunch of time

What tool/s are people using to manage their content workflow. I was using a multitude of spreadsheets but have just moved everything into Airtable and like it.

Wondering what others use?

Would be great to opinions from anyone using ClickUp, also heard good things about it. Been meaning to move over to it for ages. Get the sense it's more of an all-in-one and easier to have everything flow together, rather than on such separated boards

- Sheets or Excel for Massive KW lists
- Airtable for all Processes (VERY powerful when you learn what it is capable of and how to use it)
- Zapier for automations

I used to just use Google sheets 4-5 years ago but switched over to airtable and never looked back. The linked records is the power feature that makes the switch from sheets/excel worth it.

Would be great to opinions from anyone using ClickUp, also heard good things about it. Been meaning to move over to it for ages. Get the sense it's more of an all-in-one and easier to have everything flow together, rather than on such separated boards
We made a thorough comparison of ClickUp, Notion and all their possible competitors, and have chosen Coda. My staff has now learned it enough to write quite complicated trackers and workflows. Currently we run our domain portfolio management there, and when i (finally) have time to return to working on content sites - will be piece of cake to build workflows, collaborations, templates, and all whistles for them there.

I use ClickUp and it's amazing. You can do pretty much anything you want and the automations are really helpful.

I used Airtable before but I think ClickUp is better for collaboration

Back