Content Update & Optimization Services?

Degree
Does anyone know if there are any services out there that will take old content and update tge articles using a tool like POP/Surfer/MarketMuse or others?

have you used them and what was your results?

The service is called an editor. You hire an editor to update your content and keep it updated. At my last job, we had 10,000+ published articles and it was a huge issue. If I were to keep articles up-to-date, I'd do this:
  1. Set up google alerts for industry updates.
  2. If there's an update, write a content brief request to the editor (or have editor do #1 himself)
  3. The editor receives the request (or the Google alert), and then scours the sites to find out of date articles.
  4. For each out of date article, the editor makes a content brief and send them to writers to update the articles.
Sounds like a pain and it is but this is what separates high quality sites from low quality ones.

The service is called an editor. You hire an editor to update your content and keep it updated. At my last job, we had 10,000+ published articles and it was a huge issue. If I were to keep articles up-to-date, I'd do this:
  1. Set up google alerts for industry updates.
  2. If there's an update, write a content brief request to the editor (or have editor do #1 himself)
  3. The editor receives the request (or the Google alert), and then scours the sites to find out of date articles.
  4. For each out of date article, the editor makes a content brief and send them to writers to update the articles.
Sounds like a pain and it is but this is what separates high quality sites from low quality ones.
Totally agree, I’m just looking for a service or editors that has access and experience with the expensive on page tools and will update the content per the tool recommendations as I do not.

Authority Hackers are talking about this as well, how you need to focus more on keeping content updated and improved vs building more content.

They say the best are doing monthly updates.

I've also seen this and noticed how easy a page will lose rankings once the competition begins making updates. And that's idiotic because if a single page is responsible for thousands of dollars a year, then at least it should get a days work every year.

My suggestion would be to set a reminder or book a spot, I use Asana, a fixed point in the future after publishing. Like book 1 hour in 3-6 months to do a update check. Then evaluate, book and update as needed, repeat.

I think this way you don't forget about it.

Authority Hackers are talking about this as well, how you need to focus more on keeping content updated and improved vs building more content.

They say the best are doing monthly updates.

I've also seen this and noticed how easy a page will lose rankings once the competition begins making updates. And that's idiotic because if a single page is responsible for thousands of dollars a year, then at least it should get a days work every year.

My suggestion would be to set a reminder or book a spot, I use Asana, a fixed point in the future after publishing. Like book 1 hour in 3-6 months to do a update check. Then evaluate, book and update as needed, repeat.

I think this way you don't forget about it.
That's a really good system.

IMO that's even better than the system I proposed, as the content gets checked for stuff like deadlinks, typos, etc every 3-6 months too. You're not an assembly line pumping out content. You're more of a gardener cultivating a set of pages. It's nice.

That's a really good system.

IMO that's even better than the system I proposed, as the content gets checked for stuff like deadlinks, typos, etc every 3-6 months too. You're not an assembly line pumping out content. You're more of a gardener cultivating a set of pages. It's nice.

I've struggled so much with this kind of "tending the garden", which is why I sold my sites before rot would set in.

In this case, as with most cases, it's much easier if you do it right from the beginning. Set that reminder when you publish, just 1 hour, don't make up these complicated systems to find underperforming content. Imo, it never works, you need to see that serp and to click the links and see what's going on.

Back