Confused About What Road To Take

Degree
In the last couple of years, I've managed to create a successful living as a freelancer by creating & managing FB/IG campaigns for clients.

However, I need more money and would like to either scale to being an agency or add-on a side project. I'm just not sure which way to go. Part of me wants to just stick to what I know and scale the biz to a large agency. However, another part of me wonders if there aren't easier ways to make money using the techniques on this site.

The Day 12 - Traffic Leaks thread is very interesting as it seems there are so many ways to go about using social media to bring in the dough. But what I really need to know first is, what is the best use of my time: grow the FB/IG ads biz into an agency or start dropping affiliate links using the methods described in the thread?

Can someone give me some ballpark revenue figures about what one can expect using Traffic Leaks and what's possible when you're just starting out with these tactics?

Play to your strengths. You're weighing the benefits between scaling something you already do successfully and know you can earn a successful living with, to rolling the dice with something you don't have any experience with yet.

I would say that you'd be better off scaling your social media campaign management, training employees and creating procedures for them to follow, and then you can step out of that and start doing other things, knowing that the agency is running for you no matter what. Alternatively you could just turn towards marketing and client acquisition instead and scale further.

Traffic Leaks can make a lot of direct money if you match the right type of monetization with it. Affiliate link drops could be okay but people are going to see that and probably delete it. You need to direct traffic to something of quality and then squeeze them from there, or monetize them for the page view itself (CPM ads). It all depends on if you're looking for massive, un-targeted traffic or lesser amounts of targeted traffic. It's just guerrilla marketing at the end of the day to get more eyeballs and awareness. If you're good with Facebook Ads you can probably print money way faster and better than trying to master the art of misdirection.

#1. It took @built 6 months of him trying daily to traffic leak until he became a master and was able to generate 10,000 to 100,000+ visitors with each leak. He's journal in the traffic leak/lab forum showcases what he went through.

#2. YOU REALLY should not be trying to traffic leak affiliate links.

#3. There is no such thing as "easier way to make money", cause that means you are looking for a shortcut of sorts. Whatever you do or go after in life, if it's easy then the tactic or methods will soon dry up.

"If it was easy everyone would do it."

#4. If you are making money right now with something -then scaling that is faster than learning a whole new thing and attempting to make money and scale that too. You STILL have to scale both, but it's easier to scale something you are already in the mist of. Unless you are seeing a downward trajectory.

#5. Whatever you do, you are going to have to put in serious work. Just don't buy some guru course telling you there is some sort of shortcut to success.

Being a philosopher, I will give you no answers but more questions. Your answers to these questions would tell you where to go.

Which path would allow you to sell the business and exit? As @CCarter said, you can't sell the business if you traffic leak affiliate links; therefore, you shouldn't go down this path. You never own a business in this path anyways.

What's actually achievable? You have a skill already. Learning a new skill is good; but, if you want results in the near term, you should capitalize on the skill you have already. @Ryuzaki called this "playing to your strength."

Only once you've created the apparatus and hired managers to manage it for you would you be free to do something else. In classical philosophy, this is called system building. You're actually building a system. Marx made a system and its called Communism. Freud made a system and its called Psychoanalysis.

The guy who made Bulletproof Coffee made a system too. You can go to his website, read his philosophy and, if you believe in it, you can buy his product or add butter to your morning coffee. Either way, business is just another type of philosophy.

The system is your philosophy, backed by your reasoning. It's called whatever your business' name is. You can add to your system by adding another marketing channel, another product line, another business, etc.

But, yeah, I think you get the point. I gotta focus on actual work. Good luck. The decision you make now will define how you spend the next 6 months. It'll also shape how your life would be later.

Thinking about these comments, it does make more sense to stay where I am right now and just scale the agency until it's large enough to where I can sell it.

Thanks for the help.

Back