Combining Multiple Sites Without Losing Traffic?

tyealia

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey, everyone, I wonder if anyone had any success with this, can I combine two relevant affiliate sites with little to no loss in traffic? I have one affiliate site in a niche lets use the common example Paintball and another in a higher up related niche ex. shooting. Can I move all the content to the shooting site from the paintball and 301 all pages while maintaining rankings and traffic or will I see huge fluctuations and losses in traffic?

I have only been able to find one case study on this and the person saw 50% of traffic and rankings transfer over with big dips. Any opinions or insights greatly appreciated!

What’s the average daily traffic for each site from organic search?

I would keep them separate if they're getting traffic and earning. Create a paintball section with the same article topics on the shooting site. Rank both sites for paintball stuff.

I’ve had more luck splitting sites up and double dipping than combining lately. Especially if you’re targeting a broad tail.

Only reason to combine is if you have some monster of a keyword you need a bazooka to rank for and you’re hella sure it’s worth more than brand or long tail visibility.

I would only do it if your authority was significantly larger on one side.

I have incorporated one pagers into larger sites though. Usually gains the same or better positions, but there can be drops.

What’s the average daily traffic for each site from organic search?

There are two cases I wanted to possible do it for

First - Shooting site - Traffic 1500/day <----- paintball site - 100/day

Second - Shooting site traffic 100 /day (muchbetter more brandable domain) <----- paintball -100 (spammy looking domain namebut high dr page)

The first scenario, if that truly is Google organic traffic, will work, and there will be an up boost in traffic after 30-90 days.

2nd scenario is going to tank both sites for years.

Back