Citation for non-local sites?

Degree
How do you add citations for non local sites?
Would Creating a website for each location work If i can take care of address and phone. Like a landing page with my main ecom site as the back end once they start going to the product page??

Well, If I want local traffic for an ecom site and want it or its sub domains or sister sites to show up on local results, what is the best way to go about it or is it too cost prohibitive? If I can take care of the the NAP for each local that I am targeting

I have some experience with citations, local directories, and local rankings so maybe I can help.

Are you hoping to rank local organic or local maps / snack pack?

You can rank local organic without doing citations / local directories and messing with all that NAP stuff. In my opinion it does help with local organic to build out the citations/directories to send Google a stronger and more trustworthy location signal, but any cursory glance at the local organic serps will reveal that many sites rank for "keyword" + "city" without being localized by NAPs/citations, but purely through traditional organic means (onpage location+keyword targeting).

Not sure what you have in mind, still a bit unclear, but anything involving fake NAPs, multiple GMB listings, plus building citations and ranking all those locations may be a huge cluster fuck and not worth your time /effort when you could just optimize for local organic. Most of the local traffic is still clicking organic results anyways. If you don't NEED to be in maps for some super important reason then you might be better to skip all that. Not sure though, depends on your project / situation.

Also. What is the query type you are hoping to target with local?

Are you specifically targeting location modified keywords or hoping that if people search your keyword from a specific location that you can popup in maps as a local result somehow? I apologize if that's not what you meant at all, but if it is, save your time/effort. You're not going to force google to display a local result for your keyword just because you built some NAP citations and have a local listing. Again, I apologize if that's not what you meant.

Regards

Back