Choosing a vertical

Michael

BuSo Pro
Degree
As mentioned in day 2 of the digital crash course:

- Pick a vertical that you have passion for and a complementary skill set and knowledge base.
Vertical: Technology
- You can tackle one sub-niche at a time within this vertical-wide business to create a footing.
Sub-Niche: Smart watches
- Angle
My unique angle could be that I talk about technology that influences productivity. So I wouldn't just talk tech, I could go further and talk about tech that increases business productivity, or something that makes life easier as humans. *This I'm not entirely sure I understood correctly however

Now if I find out that the smart watches niche is a dead end, I am able to pivot onto e-readers as that will fall under technology.

I would be able to keep all my content on the site, even though it didn't really work out in terms of conversions, I still have a nice bunch of fresh content.

Now I'm done thinking out loud, is this generally what Ryuzaki is trying to get across?

Yeah, you got it. The idea is to make sure you don't trap in yourself in a niche that is too small. You also end up with a stronger brand that way too.

You are also right about the content. If you realize that smart watches isn't doing it for you, keep that content, then build different but related content and cross reference it from the smart watch posts.

On a side note, have you ever tried using a smart watch for productivity? They can be incredibly distracting with notifications on. At least with a phone, you can set it aside.

Awesome, thanks for the validation.

Also, the scenario in the OP was just made up, I am not actually going through with that.

Back