CCarter's Traffic Leaks Got Me Thinking

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Why not deindex a domain from Google and try build a successful website? Never have to worry about SEO ever again.

That would be a great experiment

I'm no expert at this, but I think that good search traffic numbers will add more value to your site, if you decide to sell it.

Yeah no doubt, but what you would learn in the process would be invaluable.

I don't see why you would deliberately deindex a domain. You can just focus 100% on traffic leaks and not pay any attention to SEO. Any organic traffic you get would be a bonus.

That's what I am thinking, why turn away SEO traffic.

Also some people in the bootcamp study report growing SE traffic despite not doing any SEO.

::emp::

I don't see why you would deliberately deindex a domain. You can just focus 100% on traffic leaks and not pay any attention to SEO. Any organic traffic you get would be a bonus.
Im an extremist. But yeah, I thought it would be a challenge. Obviously not the best idea. makes things interesting lol

Last edited:
nPEDZd1.jpg

You're well on your way to getting deindexed with your 200 web 2.0 plan :D

K.I.S.S, how much time you wanna waste with these crazy ideas until you get srs?

My problem is I lack knowledge, the work ethic is there. I don't really know where to start in terms of learning marketing

My problem is I lack knowledge, the work ethic is there. I don't really know where to start in terms of learning marketing

You start by doing it, even if you fail you learn what not to do next time, everything else is just excuses and procrastination. If you can read what I'm writing right now, that means you have all of man's knowledge at your fingertips - the internet has this one website were you can find anything by simply typing in a question. It's called Google.

Back in my day, when I wanted to learn some new code I had to go to the library and borrow a dozen books and go through the appendix to find solutions to problems. Now I type in Google my exact problem and there is most likely a stackoverflow answer or some other website available that has my answer, cutting down tons of time and wasted energy. What used to take whole days now takes minutes.

With as much stuff me and others have written on the marketing subject here on BuSo, on Wickedfire, and generally on the internet, it's impossible for you to state you lack knowledge - what you lack is the act of Googling.

Either you are making excuses or you don't know how to use Google - it's one or the other.

Last edited:
You start by doing it, even if you fail you learn what not to do next time, everything else is just excuses and procrastination. If you can read what I'm writing right now, that means you have all of man's knowledge at your fingertips - the internet has this one website were you can find anything by simply typing in a question. It's called Google.

Back in my day, when I wanted to learn some new code I had to go to the library and borrow a dozen books and go through the appendix to find solutions to problems. Now I type in Google my exact problem and there is most likely a stackoverflow answer or some other website available that has my answer, cutting down tons of time and wasted energy. What used to take whole days now takes minutes.

With as much stuff me and others have written on the marketing subject here on BuSo, on Wickedfire, and generally on the internet, it's impossible for you to state you lack knowledge - what you lack is the act of Googling.

Either you are making excuses or you don't know how to use Google - it's one or the other.

By lack of knowledge I meant I only started reading about internet marketing etc when I started my blog in Nov, Dec. I try to read as much as possible and its the reason I'm here. To learn as much as possible.

I've been wasting most of my time reading about SEO, but couple of days ago got the book ca$hvertising. So hopefully im off to the right start. I plan to be in this game for years to come

I don't mean to question your work ethic. Anyone who's working out with homemade gym equipment has plenty of that.

Back in my day, when I wanted to learn some new code I had to go to the library and borrow a dozen books and go through the appendix to find solutions to problems.

Grandpa Carter also had to walk 25 miles in the freezing cold to get to school. Barefoot. Uphill both ways!

By lack of knowledge I meant I only started reading about internet marketing etc when I started my blog in Nov, Dec. I try to read as much as possible and its the reason I'm here. To learn as much as possible.

I've been wasting most of my time reading about SEO, but couple of days ago got the book ca$hvertising. So hopefully im off to the right start. I plan to be in this game for years to come

You're not on the right track. You're on the "reading a bunch of books, pretending I'm doing something" track. You can pretend to the world that you are grinding and working hard, but when sitting there alone, reading your books you can't pretend to yourself you are working hard or grinding.

What you need to do is stop reading, pick a niche, register a domain, get hosting, Install wordpress, buy content - then figure out how to drive traffic to it, once you figured how how to monetize that website (url http://www.wickedfire.com/enlightened-members/180464-monetization-generating-revenue.html). That's your next course of action.

Everything else is just mental masturbation. Do it, or don't - you can pretend to the world, but you can't pretend to yourself...

Grandpa Carter also had to walk 25 miles in the freezing cold to get to school. Barefoot. Uphill both ways!

I had a bike and the library was only 5 miles away. It was 1995, 5 years before there was a Google, and we just got a 56K modem - I learnt Perl through the library, that same perl used to build 99% of SERPWoo.

I was however riding the bike barefoot though... :smile:

Also some people in the bootcamp study report growing SE traffic despite not doing any SEO.

Google is doing their damndest to write an algorithm that rewards this natural, non-manipulative behavior. What better way to rank than to have a natural on-page and off-page SEO profile. And what better way to have a natural profile than to just be natural.

If you don't cheat the system, and can prove through actual valuable metrics that your site is worth ranking, guess what happens? FREE TRAFFIC.

You're not on the right track. You're on the "reading a bunch of books, pretending I'm doing something" track. You can pretend to the world that you are grinding and working hard, but when sitting there alone, reading your books you can't pretend to yourself you are working hard or grinding.

What you need to do is stop reading, pick a niche, register a domain, get hosting, Install wordpress, buy content - then figure out how to drive traffic to it, once you figured how how to monetize that website (url http://www.wickedfire.com/enlightened-members/180464-monetization-generating-revenue.html). That's your next course of action.

Well that gave me a kick in the ass. What are your thoughts on monetizing my fitness blog?

edit: I guess that falls under "Informative / Entertainment"

Well that gave me a kick in the ass. What are your thoughts on monetizing my fitness blog?

Meh, you should be able to figure it out, look at what your competition is doing and how. If you can't get ideas from that thread I wrote, I dunno, maybe this is not for you.

TBH, I'm not interested in answering this question cause 80% of the people that talk to me literally ask the same thing. "Take a look at my FITNESS Blog"... Is seems like everyone has a fitness blog or weight loss this or that.... No one really doing anything original, main reason 90% of the CC9 applications were turned down, same niche, same idea - no originality. It gets boring answering the same question over and over and over about the same niche over and over. I'd rather not waste any more time talking about the same thing which doesn't interest me. Perhaps someone else can help you further within the fitness world.

Maybe you should also stop calling it a "blog" and start calling it a "business". Shift your focus and end goal - and get ready for 10 to 18+ hour days.

Meh, you should be able to figure it out, look at what your competition is doing and how. If you can't get ideas from that thread I wrote, I dunno, maybe this is not for you.

TBH, I'm not interested in answering this question cause 80% of the people that talk to me literally ask the same thing. "Take a look at my FITNESS Blog"... Is seems like everyone has a fitness blog or weight loss this or that.... No one really doing anything original, main reason 90% of the CC9 applications were turned down, same niche, same idea - no originality. It gets boring answering the same question over and over and over about the same niche over and over. I'd rather not waste any more time talking about the same thing which doesn't interest me. Perhaps someone else can help you further within the fitness world.

Maybe you should also stop calling it a "blog" and start calling it a "business". Shift your focus and end goal - and get ready for 10 to 18+ hour days.
You're right, I shouldnt be asking these things. I need to use my own creativity/personality and actually develop something valuable

You're right, I shouldnt be asking these things. I need to use my own creativity/personality and actually develop something valuable

I'm not trying to be combative here...I'm really not. But, I just gave you an entire link building course that I've used with success for the past two years in your other thread. You said you downloaded it. Learning and applying the link building methods in that course will keep you occupied 40 hours a week for the next 6 months if you wanted it to.

So, I must ask the question...why are you still here asking new questions? You're not asking anything specific - you're just....brainstorming? Why? It's literally a waste of your very precious time, as well as everyone else's who are doing their best to help you out.

I also saw that you had time to call another newbie a "beta" in another thread.

Do you need hand holding? Validation? A pat on the back? What is it?

Since we're spoon feeding you, here's a step-by-step guide to keep you busy for the next half-year:

Do some keyword research. Since this is your first site and you want to be successful, go for very easy wins. Here is how you do keyword research:

http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo/keyword-research
http://backlinko.com/keyword-research

Buy a domain from namecheap.com. At this point, any domain that you like will suffice. Don't spend more than an hour thinking about it.

Get set up with a shared hosting account from HostGator.com. The cheapest option will be fine. Then, point your domain to your hosting account. There are step-by-step guides on Hostgator on how to do this.

Now, set up Wordpress on your site. Again, Hostgator has the info.

Pick a free Wordpress Theme and install it on your WordPress site. Searching Google for "Free Wordpress Themes" will give you an endless amount of choices.

Create 10 to 20 pieces of content and get them up on your site. I created a list of different content types here: http://wordagents.com/30-types-content-attract-convert-audience/

Here's another guide for writing content or managing outsourced writers: http://www.nohatdigital.com/blog/seo-content-creation/

Make sure you use the keywords you found in your content. You don't have to be an expert in this to get started. Use your keyword in the title of the piece of content. Try to fit it into a subheading too. Other than that, use it in the body of the article about 3 or 4 times and your set. Do this for every keyword you're targeting.

Now that you have target keywords, a domain hosted on hostgator, a wordpress site with a theme, and several quality pieces of content....what's next? Well, you need to put something on the site that will make you money. Most people start with Google Adsense.

You can sign up for the Adsense program here: http://www.google.com/adsense

Once you're approved, you can apply the adsense code to your site. Google has plenty of tutorials that spells this out for you. There's also plenty of WordPress plugins that automate this process. Don't waste anyone's time asking how to do this. Just research it on Google.

So, now the final step is getting eyes on your content that will eventually convert into cash money through adsense clicks.

How do we do this? Well....there's many ways to drive traffic, but the main "free" way is to gain organic search traffic through "search engine optimization". In other words, link building.

In case you forgot the link that I gave you in the other thread, here it is again:

http://course.pointblankseo.com/

Once again, that will be more than beneficial for you and will most definitely rank you for your easy-win keywords.

And, that's it. There's nothing else to it.

Keep building links and adding high quality, keyword focused content for 6 months. You will see results. You will see clicks. You will earn money.

So, now that you have the keys to the castle, I can assume that the number of "look at me" posts coming out of your camp will decrease dramatically. Right?

I'm not trying to be combative here...I'm really not. But, I just gave you an entire link building course that I've used with success for the past two years in your other thread. You said you downloaded it. Learning and applying the link building methods in that course will keep you occupied 40 hours a week for the next 6 months if you wanted it to.

So, I must ask the question...why are you still here asking new questions? You're not asking anything specific - you're just....brainstorming? Why? It's literally a waste of your very precious time, as well as everyone else's who are doing their best to help you out.

I also saw that you had time to call another newbie a "beta" in another thread.

Do you need hand holding? Validation? A pat on the back? What is it?

Since we're spoon feeding you, here's a step-by-step guide to keep you busy for the next half-year:

Do some keyword research. Since this is your first site and you want to be successful, go for very easy wins. Here is how you do keyword research:

http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo/keyword-research
http://backlinko.com/keyword-research

Buy a domain from namecheap.com. At this point, any domain that you like will suffice. Don't spend more than an hour thinking about it.

Get set up with a shared hosting account from HostGator.com. The cheapest option will be fine. Then, point your domain to your hosting account. There are step-by-step guides on Hostgator on how to do this.

Now, set up Wordpress on your site. Again, Hostgator has the info.

Pick a free Wordpress Theme and install it on your WordPress site. Searching Google for "Free Wordpress Themes" will give you an endless amount of choices.

Create 10 to 20 pieces of content and get them up on your site. I created a list of different content types here: http://wordagents.com/30-types-content-attract-convert-audience/

Here's another guide for writing content or managing outsourced writers: http://www.nohatdigital.com/blog/seo-content-creation/

Make sure you use the keywords you found in your content. You don't have to be an expert in this to get started. Use your keyword in the title of the piece of content. Try to fit it into a subheading too. Other than that, use it in the body of the article about 3 or 4 times and your set. Do this for every keyword you're targeting.

Now that you have target keywords, a domain hosted on hostgator, a wordpress site with a theme, and several quality pieces of content....what's next? Well, you need to put something on the site that will make you money. Most people start with Google Adsense.

You can sign up for the Adsense program here: http://www.google.com/adsense

Once you're approved, you can apply the adsense code to your site. Google has plenty of tutorials that spells this out for you. There's also plenty of WordPress plugins that automate this process. Don't waste anyone's time asking how to do this. Just research it on Google.

So, now the final step is getting eyes on your content that will eventually convert into cash money through adsense clicks.

How do we do this? Well....there's many ways to drive traffic, but the main "free" way is to gain organic search traffic through "search engine optimization". In other words, link building.

In case you forgot the link that I gave you in the other thread, here it is again:

http://course.pointblankseo.com/

Once again, that will be more than beneficial for you and will most definitely rank you for your easy-win keywords.

And, that's it. There's nothing else to it.

Keep building links and adding high quality, keyword focused content for 6 months. You will see results. You will see clicks. You will earn money.

So, now that you have the keys to the castle, I can assume that the number of "look at me" posts coming out of your camp will decrease dramatically. Right?

I appreciate it. I'll stop posting.

LOL. Well, I didn't mean to discourage you from posting at all.

It's just that you're trying to "think" your way into "beating" the system and making big bucks. That's not going to work. No one is going to give you a secret key to millions. No one is going to hold your hand.

Instead, we want to see questions like this:

"I've been trying XYZ to improve my daily traffic numbers by 25%. Here is the process I've been using.... It doesn't seem to be working, am I doing something wrong?"

A question like that would yield you a ton of useful responses.

Have you thought about creating content and links that would be made for the purpose of receiving referral traffic from those sites even if they gave you 0 benefit on the seo level? Think of all links like that before you create them and you will be on your way to SEO Nirvana Charto911 style. Good luck future Builder.

Back