CC9 - The Wilde Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 1.75

Holy fuck... Aigh finally - this shit is ready to go. I've been working on content for the last week so sorry for the late update.

Everything on the site is ready for traffic. Opt-In Forms are ready to go, all the content on-site has been changed for a better focus on conversions and easier to read, new blog posts are up, and I've set up 2 autoresponder series' that each have 2500-3000 words of useful content over 6-8 emails each ready to go.

Only one of the auto-responders has an email that's trying to sell something, the rest are all pure value-based emails. My thoughts are that after the newbie tutorials in the auto-responder are done, I can just randomly drop offers here and there.

Load time is up to about 3-4 seconds on average. Its 800+kb page size. I can't do anything about that now, but will revisit this.

As for potential Traffic Leaks here's what I've found so far:
  • 61 Twitter Hashtags
  • 30 Facebook groups/pages
  • 60 Forums
  • 34 Subreddits
Now I gotta catch up on the latest lessons by carter and ill have a new update soon!

Yea OptinMonster is OK, I like PopupBuilder better if we're talking popups. Only reason I recommended Thrive is the boost it'll have to your content itself along w/ optins itself.

You should at least consider mixing your values in with your sales, not spitting them up like Value x 6 >> Sales x 6

Yea Ima jus grow it organically at this point - @ModernMarketeer at what number of followers do you find it helps with attracting those super profiles?

I'm not too sure of a level to be honest - when I had 30 genuine followers I wasn't getting followed by the big boys within my niche however when I bought the followers I started to attract them (mainly when they followed me back).

As the follower boost has coincided with more twitter activity it's hard to draw a conclusion on this one I'm afraid.

Well **** me. I already bought them lol. What can I do now?? That is the question!

Honestly - there is more important things to worry about. If you have time, you CAN remove them, but I'd just keep it moving.

Happy New Year Everyone,

Just wanted to apologize for my absence but I'm back after a nice little holiday where I was able to focus on some other, more immediate money-making projects. I'm also more motivated than ever. Carter's latest post (despite the arguing in the thread) and video about elon musk really got me hyped again.

I took time off, and made that known on my site's social media, wishing everyone happy holidays and a new year. Today I just added a new blog (inspired by carter's post) and got the social media posting back on track.

You'll be getting more frequent updates from me now on this project.

And real quick - apologies to anyone following this thread, I know I've been pretty quiet.

Anyways here's where we're at:

Website is ready to go - I've got the design pretty much set, the social media is gettin it in, the monetization is ready to go on all major pages and I've got a bit of a content schedule in the works.

My plan is to post a minimum of 3 new blog posts every week (more if possible.) These will be distributed on social media only for now. I want to interact more with my communities before trying a traffic leak.

As for that - I've decided to focus my effort in the beginning on 2 forums, and 2 blogs as potential sources of traffic.

I'm also really interested in watermarking and videos.

I remember reading somewhere that it's best to focus on a platform or two at a time. The reason I'm choosing 4 is because I have two target audiences.

Let's call them Audience A and Audience P. The site's content+monetization is split between the two, but the two audiences are closely related so each should work fine without harming the potential of the other.

The Opt-In forms and auto-responders are ready to go for both audiences.

So basically, everything is running and ready to receive some traffic. I know I'm going to need to spend more time cultivating my status on the 4 communities before being able to successfully leak traffic, so my next update will probably be about that.

Hyped about the new material coming up. I'll be back soon.

Sup yall

ok so I was able to stick to my goals from my last post. I've been for the most part staying on top of the social and blog posting (slipped up a little). I found that scheduling out social media posts a week in advance wasn't the best route for me.

It wouldve been if I stuck with HootSuite for SM posting, but I switched to Buffer's Awesome plan and use it alongside feedly. What I'm going to do now is go through my feedly feeds daily in the morning and buffer posts I like, making sure that at least posting for the next 24 hours is scheduled.

Been using hashtags a lot more, but and am finding it difficult to curate content and mix it in with my own blog posts. I have to consciously go to my blog and buffer up some posts and schedule them manually to go out at a certain ratio.

If I stick to it everyday for a half hour to an hour, I'm sure I can make it more consistent.

As for blog posts, they're nothing serious yet. I haven't posted any huge, evergreen, pillar content pieces yet. Mostly short informative or noteworthy posts about my topic. I spent a lot of time on the existing content (which includes 2 autoresponder series, an ebook and a couple of larger "how-to" posts), so I don't think I'll be posting an epic blog post for at least the next week or so.

Ive been able to contribute to the forums and blogs so far. Nothing in terms of engaging, useful content, but I'm helping others out and engaging with them in a purely "community" sense (just hanging out, talking to people).

Just thought I'd post a quick update on where things are at. There's still no significant traffic to the site. Still feel like I'm laying foundations for things to come.

Man, what the fuck... This is a whole lot of wasted time on social media and stupid shit that doesn't generate traffic... Stop doing all that shit - fuck that social media, and talking on forums - this is a traffic leak bootcamp, not a "one day SEO and social media might send traffic" bootcamp. On-site doesn't fucking matter cause it's about getting people to click a link, what happens afterwards should have been solved the first couple of weeks in this bootcamp. Man, we are going in on traffic, fuck this on-site nonsense and social media bullshit. I've given you techniques for Reddit and pawnage around the internet, why are you fucking around with this other nonsense? I don't want to see anymore nonsense updates about social media accounts and Buffering your HootSuite.

Man, what the fuck... This is a whole lot of wasted time on social media and stupid shit that doesn't generate traffic... Stop doing all that shit - fuck that social media, and talking on forums - this is a traffic leak bootcamp, not a "one day SEO and social media might send traffic" bootcamp. On-site doesn't fucking matter cause it's about getting people to click a link, what happens afterwards should have been solved the first couple of weeks in this bootcamp. Man, we are going in on traffic, fuck this on-site nonsense and social media bullshit. I've given you techniques for Reddit and pawnage around the internet, why are you fucking around with this other nonsense? I don't want to see anymore nonsense updates about social media accounts and Buffering your HootSuite.

Damn Carter, appreciate the kick in the ass. You're absolutely right. I'ma get on my game - next update will be a real one related to traffic. (but to be fair my onsite was ready within the first couple wks - I shouldve moved on sooner though instead of just updating the blog and doin social stuff that didn't attempt to drive traffic)

Yo Politico,

Don't use Hybrid Connect, it's outdated. Use Thrive Content Builder, it can do page-level optins. It's made by the same people. They keep up with Thrive and are constantly adding new stuff, whereas Hybrid Connect not so much. Already converted a few BuSo people that I knew from other places to Thrive, it's been a huge reason why a few of my sites have improved page metrics (time on site, bounce, conversions). PM me if you want to talk more about it (I don't work for Thrive I just #$%^ing love it).

OMG Kevin, I can't thank you enough for turning me on to Thrive Themes! Randomly caught your mention of their content builder a week ago, looked them over hard, just bought a membership, and am making more progress than I've made in a long time. Working on 2 new sites, might be building a third for a local city's official website, and even helped my wife get her own site started. Their content builder is what I've been missing in my life lately! :cool:

@turbin3 Glad you did dude. The content builder and themes themselves are some of the best I've worked with...makes content formatting so much easier for me.

Only sad part is you didn't use my link :wink:

Traffic Leak Update #1:

OK boys and girls Im back with a proper update

After Carter's kick in the ass about my useless updates, I knew I had to get on my game re: actually leaking traffic. So I went at it.

First thing I did was re-read through all the main TLBC lessons and make extensive notes (hand written - it helps me absorb the info better, plus an easy quick reference).

After I did that I went on my first Traffic Leaking journey -

Traffic Leak 1:

Like recommended in the compelling content lesson, I went off on a search for content already causing some engagement and interest on one platform, and I decided to use it on something else.

I took the content (a how-to guide) and re-worked it for my own site. I added nice pics and easy step-by-steps (also made sure I watermarked all my images). Once the post was ready, I waited a couple days before submitting it to a platform.

The Leak:

For this experiment I decided to take it to a really popular Reddit subreddit. I created a new account (didn't want to use the acct associated w/ my brand) and did a new self.subreddit post.

For the title I made it seem like it would be a how-to post (hoping to get more clicks from newbies I guess) but in the post body itself it was more of a question.

I'd post it here, but that'd out me pretty quick i think. It was something like:

"Hey reddit, so i just bought [INSERT PRODUCT HERE] and set it up exactly like this post shows - [LINK TO MY CONTENT]. But for some reason I still find that [INSERT PROBLEM HERE]. You guys got any tips?"

The Result:

Well... It was a total flop.

I got about 2 upvotes and 3 replies on reddit. a measly 13 visitors to my site. 0 Sign Ups. 92% bounce rate. Avg time on site = 12 seconds.

Onto the next one.

Traffic Leak 2:

This one was more of a subtle attempt at traffic leaking a forum in my niche. I signed up a new account and posed as a newbie looking for advice.

I already had a few product reviews ready on my site, and I wanted to try to get the traffic there since I've got some aff links in the post.

The Leak:

Again, I wrote a title that made it seem like it'd be an informational post, but was really a Q - tryna get those newbie clicks (my target market) Here's how the forum leak went:

Hey guys,

My name is [REDACTED] and Im totally brand new to [REDACTED], but I used to [REDACTED]. I just don't know where to start...

I heard that [REDACTED] is really tough to use for a beginner and I should just use [REDACTED]. But then I read this post - [INSERT LINK TO MY CONTENT] - and now it's got me thinking I should use [REDACTED] to start instead because its easier.

But then a friend told me that I couldnt [REDACTED] with [REDACTED] and so I did some more research and found this post - [INSERT LINK TO RANDOM ON-TOPIC SITE].

So now I think I'd be ok using [REDACTED], but I don't want to make the wrong choice. Any help would be appreciated.

---

Well, it got a few responses on the thread itself that I was hoping for... But something unexpected happened. (It shouldn't have been unexpected, now that I think about it):

There was almost a divisiveness forming between two camps - people that said it was ok to use the product I mentioned, and people who said no it wasn't worth it.. (that could be a useful topic to explore for another traffic leak later)...

The Results:

Utter failure again - even though it was a topic that seemed to get some traction.

I got about 6 replies on the forum and a pitiful 3 visitors to my site. 0 Sign Ups. 100% bounce rate. Avg time on site = 0 seconds.

Here's some pretty pictures of my initial failures:

HiJv5wk.png

GSdZ7RY.png

So all in all guys - not good, but hey.. its early, maybe these (the forum post at least) will keep trickling traffic my way over time.

But now it's time for me to figure out what I did wrong, how to correct it and see the more massive gains some of my CC9 colleagues are seeing.

Failure isn't a problem, it's a stepping stone. And now that I got the taste of Traffic Leak blood I want some more dammit..

Back to the lab...

Target Audience is completely off. The traffic leaks were good attempts, but the end landing page wasn't going to convert anyway. PM sent.

Carter was completely right. My targeting was way off base, which is fucked considering I have a customer profile I shouldve kept front and centre in my mind.

Here was my problem - my offers were based around Newbies, but my content was a bit higher level than a total newb. And the platforms I tried to leak from were also geared more towards pros.

So now I'm going to approach my traffic leaks from that perspective more, and hit up different platforms than I originally thought.

Carter made a lot of sense in his PM and I'm mad at myself for needing it spelled out when I call myself a marketer. We all know it's all about the target audience - who they are, what they do, why they do, how they think, where they lurk.

But a simple miscalculation like I made and your project is dead in the water. That right there PROVES the value and importance of the market research.

And not just knowing your market - cuz I totally knew my market, ask Carter - but ABSORBING your SPECIFIC and EXACT target market DEEP into your subconscious.

You want to BE them and know at first glance, this isn't a place "i" would hang out, this isn't a topic "i" would click on.

What am "i" - someone who wants to do X - doing/reading/saying/thinking/hanging out right now. If I'm a newbie, I'm probably not already having intermediate-level conversations in professional communities.

And that was my problem. I just wasn't thinking.

But if you become your consumer, the little decisions that have major impacts are correctly made.

---

So today I'm going to re-compile my list of traffic leak platforms and segment them based on which audience (remember I have 2 - both "newbie"-ish) it fits and which content/topic I could use to leak it.

Then I'm going to hit the ground running and start leaking everywhere like knock-off huggies...

I like to read posts like this. I've always been a believer that mistakes foster enlightenment, provided that lessons are learned, and that seems to be the case here.

I've always been a believer that mistakes foster enlightenment, provided that lessons are learned

#Truth

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work”
-- Apparently Thomas Edison...

February 2015 Update:

Wussup y'all I'm sorry I left things this long, but I swear I wasn't pullin an ABH (hah) - I was busy grindin on all my different projects.

I've been compiling this thread for the last couple weeks, so it may be disjointed a bit. I was struggling at first as I tried to look for ways to implement all the ideas I was thinkin about after talkin with Carter a bit, not really knowing what to do - overthinking it as he put it. I think that's changed now.

I know what is supposed to happen and have a better idea of how shit works.

WHAT IVE BEEN UP TO:

Well I FINALLY got my buffer and hoot suite set.... lmao I'm jus playin Carter I swear.

But let me start by saying I'm a fuckin idiot.

So I've spent a lot of time since you last heard from me thinking, planning, executing (at least I thought)

I've been trying to pwn reddit with a shadow banned account. And until yesterday I didn't even know that was a thing. The account was old one I had that was previously involved in the same niche I'm in now so I thought it'd be a good one to use.

But when I wasn't getting any traction I thought I'd help shit along by upvoting from other accounts I had. But I couldn't find my posts/shares anywhere...

So now I have a new main account I'll be using for that.

Blog Comment Traffic Leak Homework

Most blogs Disqus platform - changed comment name to DOMAIN.com (no links in comments/name) to try and drive direct traffic.
put a couple comments on a few videos/posts - found biggest currently trending video and commented with something like "That's awesome. That looks similar to our product"

Did something similar to some other popular blogs - but most of them were using Disqus/FB or had comments disabled.

This was a shotgun blast blog commenting session to try and complete Homework Assignment 2. Most of my comments weren't the greatest, but for some I tried to comment in a way that would lead to a traffic leak.

No traffic yet, but Im still trying - need to find blogs with better commenting platforms where I can link drop.

Watermarked Images Traffic Leaks:

My first try at using watermarked images to leak traffic. Found a thread where someone posted a video of some niche-related nonsense. Everyone was hating - total troll thread.

Wanted to talk shit about a certain aspect of it and so found a funny image that related to what I was trying to say, and made my own meme.

Watermarked that bitch, uploaded to imgur publically - maybe it'll keep getting shared - (will also cross-post to my future pinterest/instagram), logged into my troll account and posted it.

The next day I logged into analytics and saw some trickles of direct traffic. There had been no direct traffic to the site AT ALL before I posted this image - so it def works, jus need to do it on a bigger scale. And since first posting the image, direct traffic has been growing.

Going to keep this up and make more images when I spot the opportunity.

So I'm doin the same across a few different forums with different images. Posted one to imgur and shared on a niche relevant subreddit (using a new account) that I thought would get some traction because of the type of image - had a motivational message I thought would resonate with the audience.

It did not...

On imgur itself the image was kind of negatively received, no one cared at all when I posted to reddit

Back to the drawing board.

Also building up my own trolling gif library (some that will be watermarked and reupload to my imgur/pinterest/instagram) and other images that I think would be share worthy.

Forum Traffic Leaks Assignment:

I've been posting on lots of forums aside from trying to leak with watermarked images. I'm mostly answering questions and subtly link dropping (from both accounts connected to my brand and accounts not connected in any way).

I also worked on two huge 1500+ word guide that I'm basically posting to every niche relevant forum I can find (same guide over and over - changing order of content + titles) and subtly link dropping in there too.

It was a couple of posts I found at a couple forums that I stole and spruced up - made it look more pro, added some better content to make it much more useful. It started at 900 words and grew to 1500+ with my input but it was totally built off the other persons' posts. (didn't wanna straight copy/paste, cuz even though it got a good response at that forums I took it from, it was written like shit imo)

Pulled out my list of compelling content titles and found one that fit (adjusted for the topic) and started posting. Reusing these same guide across several platforms - subreddits, forums, just straight up syndicating. (changing up titles, order, omitting some sections, etc.)

These were really really well received for the most part. Traffic and signups comin in!

Decided to just re-use the exact content - cuz fuck Google - (changed up topics) and re-post to other forums, and of course, Reddit.

Reddit Traffic Leak Assignment

Found a brand new subreddit that's so much more targeted to my niche than my original "main" subreddit. It's got tens of thousands of subscribers so it's got me stoked. I took one of my guides and posted a self.reddit with a link drop (masked by 3 other useful links in the post) - I just changed the title and formatted for reddit.

This was my first major success. A minor success in most people's eyes.but damn was I happy with the results.

8 hours into posting, it's one of the hottest threads in the subreddit. Stayed on the top of the front page of the subreddit for a while - 40 upvotes, 24 comments (including mine). Can't wait to see how it fully plays out.

And that makes me happy as fuck - its a bit of success. I remember having the same feeling when I hit #1 in Google for the first time, or I got my first affiliate commission.

It's that same feeling that makes me crave more. Gotta keep at it...

It's even more of a better feeling because I was going back and forth with the CC9 Phd's overthinking the whole thing and getting confused. Having this small success makes me feel a hell of a lot more comfortable with the concepts involved.

I feel like I know a bit about what I'm doing now - still a complete idiot but im getting there!

Yahoo Answers Traffic Leak

So I went to yahoo answers and asked a question. Then I went into the branded account of mine and answered it really well. I even put a link in it back to my guides!

Went back to the first account and was gonna choose it as the best answer, and I couldn't see the answer!

Ended up eventually removing the link from my answer, and voila - the answer showed up finally. So I guess you need an aged account (level 2?) to leave live links?

I went to fiverr and bought myself a couple level 2 accounts. When they come in, I'll go back and answer new questions. Once my account (that I originally answered with) is able to drop links, I'll go back to the Q and add the link.

Quora Traffic Leak

Signed up with a branded account at Quora and answered a niche question I asked using a different account. Included some of a guide and left a link there. Not too many views yet, no traffic.

So I went and bought some upvotes from fiverr. Will see if that helps at all.

Will keep on doin the damn thang... All of it, over and over.

---

So beyond all that I says to myself "don't we have a budget?" So why am I not using it? Enter Social Media:

Facebook Ads:

Created 6 separate targeted ads - splitting between customer type + Male/Female. Goal was page likes, except one which was a promoted post to a how-to guide on the site (different than the ones being promoted in the forum/reddit traffic leaks). Set a barebones budget of $1/day for each ad.

Twitter Ads:

Create 1 ad targeting the same how-to-guide and audience (not split between male and female). Same small budget - may have to increase to actually get impressions/clicks, will see.

StumbleUpon Ads:

Created a paid discovery ad with StumbleUpon - same small budget ($1/day) and made sure to target only engaged visitors (higher click cost, but thinking it may help).

Am considering doing some Paid Reddit traffic to my guides as well. Maybe later on.

---

And that's pretty much it for now. So I haven't been dead and forgot about this - I been hard at work.

The Initial Results of the above so far? (Not counting Social)

Reddit Traffic Leak 1 - 73 Upvotes, 35 Comments
Reddit Traffic Leak CrossPost - 16 Upvotes, 35 Comments

Forum Traffic Leaks - A Handful of Comments on All Threads

So far - 30 New List Subscribers and 240 Visitors since my last post here at BUSO. NOT amazing results, and not even close to what's required of the CC9. But Trust Me - I'll Get There!

It's just really fuckin great to see SOMETHING that's not because of SEO traffic. And the fact that my list is growing has got me happy.

My conversion rate on the reddit/forum leaks was about 18% - pretty fuckin dope if you ask me. I'm happy with the new subscribers! I ain't complainin!

WHAT'S NEXT:

That's why my next task for the week will be to create a new product I can sell to my new subs. Beyond that I need to catch up on all the CC9 Posts because I've been focused on all my projects for the last 3 weeks.

As far as traffic leaking - I still haven't fully milked my two guides. There's a lot of other places I can post em. And I'm just going to keep at the stuff I've been up to.

My apologies again for the long delay in my update.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been up to.

Much Love BuSo - this place is dope

P.S. I'll try to update with proper traffic stats later this week as well. (assuming it gets better)

Oh hi... Remember me? March was a month full of catastrophic fuckery in my bread and butter business (Thanks OVH!) but I'm back on track there and April's looking like it's full of new opportunities there too. But now that the machine is back up and running smooth, Im back to BuSo - missed this place.

Here's a quick update on what happened with those traffic leaks I did last time:

First off total traffic numbers:

g3i5asB.png

Not bad huh?? I was pretty happy to look back a month later and see this. I mean let's be real, this was kind of half-assing it. It was a solid effort, but still, nowhere near pro level.

See that Organic Search Traffic? Not a lot of SEO done offsite (a few PBN links) but what's so dope is all that "duplicate content" I've been throwing around the web on forums, reddit, etc linked back to my site caused a nice boost in search - the PBN links just helped push even more.

Decent direct traffic, meaning the brand is growing in peoples minds :happy:

Here are breakdowns of Social and Referral traffic.

Social Traffic:

ME0YOgI.png

Referral Traffic:

B9KiTZA.png

So a lot of the social traffic was paid but turned out pretty good. I spent a total of $137.12 over the month, mostly on facebook.

Paid Social Campaign:

Twitter
Spend - $28.97
Clicks - 66

Facebook
Spend - $13.06
Clicks - 87

StumbleUpon
Spend - $29.58
Total Views - 299 (includes paid + unpaid stumbles)

TOTAL EMAIL SIGNUPS - 4

LMAO - So that obviously didn't work. $71.61 total spend and a cost of $17.90 per subscriber. Don't know if that's scalable or worth it so it's time to tweak the campaign or the landing page. Gotta remember to reach out to Carter (who continues to be reach out and offer guidance) and others to get their opinions on this.

As far as facebook page likes -
Total Spend - $55.51
Total Likes - 207
Cost per FB Like - $0.27/like

---

Newbie Guide Traffic Leaks

For the newbie guides I threw around online it turned out much better.

Reddit + Niche Forum Campaign:

Sub-Niche Subreddit Post: 76 Upvotes, 36 comments
Broader Niche Subreddit Post: 18 Upvotes, 12 Comments

TOTAL EMAIL SIGNUPS: 41

Niche Forum Campaign:

Post on Forum 1 - 6 Replies
Post on Forum 2 - 1 Reply

TOTAL EMAIL SIGNUPS: 20

I have a feeling Forum 1 didn't get me too much traffic - the replies were kind of mixed, and GA didn't show any significant traffic from it. So I'm assuming Forum 2 is the better place for this type of newbie guide, even though there wasn't any engagement on the post itself.

--

Some Thoughts On Where I'm At

Now these arent exact numbers cuz there's search/direct traffic and trickles from some of the other traffic leaks I tried (yahoo answers, quora, etc.). But these were targeted campaigns so i guess it's ok to say these numbers reflect reality..

And obviously this is small time stuff, but it's not bad for dipping a toe into the water.

I'm getting the hang of how this shit is supposed to work. It was intimidating and overwhelming at first, but i took the action, made some mistakes and now it's a little clearer.

But Ima be real...

My biggest stumbling blocks are procrastination and distraction.

Some stuff wasn't avoidable (OVH) but some of it is habit. My bread and butter is SEO (not with this site, but in general) - so I spend a lot of time on that side of the business.

And I'm always opting to work on that side until I get to some undefined point where it's "all good and ready and running" and I can "focus on this site full time".

I think I need to schedule my days better and actually stick to that schedule. Make time daily for this project, and the rest of my projects so that I'm productive and moving forward on everything equally.

Or do y'all think I should really get the SEO business as automated and "ready/good" as possible before focusing more on this project?

Problem is there's just always so much "to do" with SEO that it ends up taking up so much of my time.

Either way, that's my biggest problem - always going back to the SEO and related projects until they're "ready" so I can then focus on this site and leaking traffic/learning more.

Any tips on productivity, focus, time management and creating a proper work schedule so I can do this all effectively are VERY MUCH appreciated my people, please help...

---

That's it for now, just wanted to follow-through with the update. I'm gonna spend the weekend catching up on what's happening here in the Boot Camp + Dojo and reach out to the mods to finally set up a time to sit down and discuss what's happening with me and then go from there.

Dude turn on some analytics filters for semalt, simpleshare buttons, and other junk that you have in your referals traffick. Those are spammers and it is not a meaningfull trafick. :wink:

Wow... So It's winding down.

This was a pretty crazy experience for me. Firstly I have to humbly thank from the bottom of my heart emp, MetaData and CCarter.

I am in your debt forever, for opening my eyes and mind to new ways of thinking. For taking me in as part of the first CC9. That's because I will always be generating traffic using the things I've learned here. Especially on my bigger "real business" type projects.

Now, I know.. I haven't been as active as some of the CC9, but I'm glad I made it to the end. I may not have generated 100k visitors, but I was a complete newbie when it came to traffic leaking, and now I feel like a seasoned novice.

Having someone to ask, and to explain it and dumb it down for you, and call you out on your bullshit is EXTREMELY NECESSARY to really learn new ways of thinking effectively.

That's what the CC9 was to me - a place to truly understand this lost art. And I feel like I'm headed in the right direction.

Now when I want to generate traffic, I have a hell of a lot more open to me than SEO/PPC. So thank you for a lifelong skill that I will try to perfect in the coming weeks/months/years.

I hope I can chop it up with y'all outside of these CC9 Boot Camp walls if I ever have a question or need some guidance.

I can't give y'all a final update on the successes of my traffic leaks during this experiment.

The links that were built as part of traffic leaking ended up helping my SEO immensely, and a good portion of the resulting signups, traffic AND MONEY (yessir... I started making some affiliate sales on the site) was likely the result of search traffic.

What I can say is that this has been a great fuckin learning experience. I can't thank y'all enough. And congratulations to all those that won this round.

I didn't win, but I did learn a lot.

So fuck it.. I DID win...

Much love Buso!

Shit Son...

I almost forgot the important stuff:

What Did You Learn:

I learned that SEO and PPC were not the only reliable sources of highly converting traffic. Traffic is literally everywhere. If it's on the internet, it can be leaked to your own site. This mentality will live with me forever.

And what's better is these traffic leaks can be evergreen sources of traffic if they're legit enough.

How's Your Project Doing Now?

Project is doing great! But it's still on the side-burner for me as my main money-making sites got and are getting most of my attention.

Like I mentioned in the previous post, the links that were created SOLELY for the purposes of traffic leaking, have helped with the site's search rankings TREMENDOUSLY. I'm talking a lot.. like #1/#2 for some nice money kws.

And that wasn't even the point of them - I'm still getting replies, traffic and signups as a result of my traffic leaking too, so the benefits have been tremendous.

Any Regrets or Things You Would Do Differently?

My only regret is not spending more time/focus/effort on this website's traffic leaking. Suffice to say - this is my "baby," and I plan on this project being a life-long one.

But I fell into the trap of "Oh well, I'll start working properly (10-18hrs/day) once my other (seo) projects are all making me the amount of money I want." And I'd go back to that #SEP - cuz that's what I've always known and is what's making me money right now.

I unfortunately wanted to wait until the other side was perfect, before dedicating myself to this side. And unfortunately things are still like that.

But I'm always working on this site a bit here and there too. And I'm going to keep doing the traffic leaking techniques we learned here until I hit that 100k visitors.

What Worked The Best For You

Definitely Forum Traffic Leaks and Reddit Traffic Leaks. Those are fuckin gold. I want to get better at watermarking images and blog commenting though. Social Media is ok for me, I just need to spend more time on utilizing it properly.

Have You Applied What You Learned On a New Project?

Actually yea! During the boot-camp, my eyes opened up wide to a pretty big potential opportunity for one of my SEO sites. Haven't implemented everything yet, but it's gonna hella large if it works out the way i think.

Again - thank you very much BuSo - this place is the shit.

If there's another CC9, I'll definitely be following along and trying to learn more, and hopefully by then I'll be one of the masters helping out the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back