CC9 - OmniBoss - One Above All Else

Status
Not open for further replies.

enya

Boot Camp
Degree
I'm here to dominate the health niche. I'm CCarter's business partner in this operation, etc. Our goal is to master this growing market as it gains even more and more stem. We're going to be monetizing the site with display advertisements and brand association, as well as CPA offers through our growing email database. Currently our biggest wins have been with Pinterest, but now are taking it to the next level.

Omni-Boss.jpg

Several outreach efforts have started paying off; in the next issue of an email newsletter, we'll be featured from one of our brands who we've already been featured on their main site. Crowd is perfect for targeting, and if we can get them to convert into email sign ups on our own site, that's just extra gravy. Traffic visits are not where I want it from the outreach, but it's a good dofollow link so I'm happy.

We've got a ton of other content coming online in the next weeks, months (years @enya?) - not just written, but videos, infographics, and interviews.

I've started looking into the ground work for our mobile App, which I know is going to be the key to our brand's success.

Got into some intense brainstorming sessions today out in the country side with @enya. I think we have a good idea and focus for the future of the company and monetization avenues. One thing I wanted since the beginning is to not be like everyone else and be a niche leader by pushing the boundaries of what's possible.

1. Mobile App to rally the community.

2. Physical product to sell to the community.

3. Display Ads to get the gears going for sponsorship opportunities.

Here is the thing where any small company can screw up early on - going into too many directions with not enough resources, so it is important to concentrate on the more serious ideas and disregard the not-so serious ideas until later on - if ever.

"I'm here to dominate the health niche..." Good Luck!

Here is the thing where any small company can screw up early on - going into too many directions with not enough resources, so it is important to concentrate on the more serious ideas and disregard the not-so serious ideas until later on - if ever.

This is my biggest problem right here.

I'm coding it natively for iOS, not going after Android market. Coding it from scratch like SW. I'm not using any of those frameworks or templates that are built on-top of each other.

We spent the day running errands, but we came up with a serious angle that is going to be the "it" that's going to take the operation over the top. We might need to court some investors down the road, but I don't see that as being a major hurdle once the ground work is complete and there is a working concept for the mobile app + website platform + growing community.

I've started mockuping up some UX concepts while @enya handles the new content creation. Things are moving a lot faster now.

CCarter and I had a meeting today about creating a hyper focused app geared toward the local health community. So, CCarter and I will create a simple interface that will be geared toward your geographical position and contain a digital community board, recipes of classic dishes done with more nutritious ingredients and lastly, a spot to find local farmers markets. We are hoping to give consumers a mobile solution to the constant battle of getting healthy and conscious lifestyle options more easily available.
First step is to reach out to local businesses to get them interested and excited about the project by featuring them on the website page.

Stay tuned....

Started working on refreshing the site by building the framework for some compelling and "sticky" or catchy content. I need the site to be up-to-date with recent content that is dedicated to healthy living so that when the local vendors are contacted they land on a site that is current and contains great content.
@CCarter is working on mocking up an updated listings page for businesses to be featured on. I'll be sending the businesses this mock-up requesting information and we can begin ranking for the businesses names.

Went through some mind bending designs for our vendors - literally had me re-imagining fundamental concepts, but I found a spark - the spark I was missing... let's see where this goes...

Interesting! If I understand correctly your are building a platform for geo localized purchases of healthy products? Is your plan to include also transactions and to monetize via commissions or are you sticking more to "advertising" medium?

I doubt we are going to get any more detailed then we've already been at this early stage in the game.

Quick update - talking to @built about possibly helping out with this project on a consulting basis and well he jumped and just traffic leaked a post to test out about 5 hours ago:

Screen_Shot_2015_05_19_at_9_14_36_PM.png

We're doing a consult for now but yeah, get with @built - pay him to teach you if you need it, he's got that fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back