Catching domain through backorder service

Degree
I laid my eyes on this domain (.com), that I found while scraping some sites. The current status is redemtionPeriod, and the padndingDelate is probably a couple of days away. The domain has some OK metrics - .EDUs, Wikipedia links, and niche related sites.

I have searched some popular expired domain sites, but it was nowhere to be found. I think the reason is because the name was registered through European registrar company.

What do you think?
To wait for to domain to quietly drop (if there is such thing) or try to catch it through backorder service? My problem with the backorder option is that, if I place the order, I am not sure if these guys are going to list the domain publicly for everybody to register.

Do you think there is a chance for the domain to drop silently? I am almost 100% sure, regardless of the registrar, there is some special registrar only accessible database with soon to be deleted domain. And if the domain has some value in it, there is not chance to drop.

x

This totally depends on whether this domain is valuable only for you or for some/many other people. If only for you, you can backorder it with the services that don't list backorders publicly - like Dynadot, Pheenix, Domainmonsters. But if it makes value to somebody else - they probably will find it, so no need to hide your find.

Registrar doesn't matter, all domains will eventually fall to the drop lists - apart of those that registrars keep for themselves, to sell them on auctions - like Godaddy, Dynadot, Pool, Namejet etc.

I guess the domain has some value to someone else also. It has some nice metrics and there are number of products related to the niche.

Now my plan is to place an order with one of these private services and monitor the public ones (Snapnacmes, NameJet etc.) If the name doesn't appear there, I'll place an order with one of them at the last possible moment. Just to be sure.

Back