Can you run multiple display networks on one site?

LinkPlate

Head Chef @ Linkplate
BuSo Pro
Degree
If you have a blog running Shemedia or Mediavine, they get you to sign a contract with them. The terms of the contract (as always) are hard to understand and every changing.

My questions is. If you are running either SheMedia or Mediavine. Does that mean you can't run Google Adsense in conjunction with those ad networks? Shemedia, Ezoic and Mediavine are google partners and get inventory from them, but not sure if that means you can't run Google Adsense in conjunction with those vendors.

All that being said, Google Adsense is probably the least paying out of all of them, but can be a good (tiny) addition to the revenue stream.

Mediavine's contract is for exclusivity. They run many networks and exchanges for you, making them all compete for higher bids, and this includes Adsense. But no, most of the big boys make you agree to exclusivity.

Back in the day when we did waterfalls instead of header bidding, we'd stack up whatever we could get our hands on like Adsense, Media.net, Amazon CPM, Sovrn, etc. These networks are doing header bidding for you and you give them a cut. But the benefit is they get to have huge Comscore scores because all 20,000 sites in their network (or whatever) get to come together under one owner and one cumulative score. The point being that you can be a tiny player but get access to the giant exchanges that you could otherwise never dream about.

So at the end of the day it's worth the exclusivity (because they roll in all the various players anyways) and it's worth paying them their management cut because you get better access to higher bids and they do constant testing and optimization

Does the exclusivity contract mean that you can't create custom ads for, let's other websites in your own portfolio?

I just mean for example an image with a promo-code or something to your other website.

I haven't run ads yet so I have no idea in this space. I just assumed I would be able to.

Does the exclusivity contract mean that you can't create custom ads for, let's other websites in your own portfolio?

No way. Its your website so you can create your own ads. The exclusivity (I believe) is to make sure you don't work with other display ad networks, since they compete with each other and have access to the same exchanges.

Back