Can You Run A Drip Marketing Campaign With No Website Content?

Degree
Ideally, I would like to build an email list and market to my subs with only emails. I had planned to educate the users and then drop my affiliate link in a later email.

I wanted to do it this way because I don't have content on my web site and hadn't really planned to have a web site in this niche. The reason being is because A) I don't want to take the time to write 50+ articles on the subject to build out the site and B) I wanted to build a magazine site instead and direct these users over there in the future when I have the time to build that out.

Can I get around building out the niche site first? I've realized that I would have to have all my marketing content in those emails which could turn off my users. Most marketers seem to link out to their web pages where they have their 750+ word articles for their users to read.

So again...is it possible to run a drip marketing campaign using 750-1000 word articles in those emails or do I need to build out this niche site and link to those articles for my readers to actually want to read those articles?

Of course you can. If you get them on your list, you can just send them emails. Sending them to a website has advantages but it's not necessary.

as @Trankuility says there is no problem in just using articles in your emails and sending them to a website, however the question as I see it would be, how are you going to get people to subscribe to your email list without any content on your website.
why not at least get some plr ebook or article collection that you can then package as a free report for example then make small "sales" letter about what to expect from the giveaway, after all at least now you have something to give in exchange for there email.

I have a plan for getting subs, which involves using a lead magnet so I'm not too worried about that.

What I'm trying to figure out is if there's some kind of max word count you should stick to in your emails. I think I can trim mine down to around 400-600 per email. I just hope that isn't too much to read in their email viewport.

Just do it and find out. Will be different for all. Depends on your audience, your info, etc.

If your audience has a short attention span, make short posts. If they are the attentive types willing to follow a long list of directions/info, make it longer.

If you don't know then try various formats and see what they respond best to. If you're still unsure, then I'd start with around 350 - 500 words and adjust from there. Make it easily readable. Especially important for phone users.

Use headings, bullet lists, etc.

If I was going to do this, I'd create a lander that I could split test to kingdom come, which would remain useful even once you launch the site.

In regards to the length of the emails, I'd say that you need to jump inside the mind of your demographic. If it's business-savvy tech-oriented people, or even young people, they aren't going to read 500 words in an email. They're going to delete it probably. The inbox has become associated with "hurry up, get it to zero, and get some work done".

If it's older people or those who aren't into tech that deeply, it might work. I'd buy or develop a nice HTML template so that it looks like the content portion of a website, or a physical newsletter they might receive in the snail-mailbox.

about the length of your emails I would say that there is no magic number it depends very much on how engaging and captivating your content is, if you write awesome copy then you can still write a 10.000 word piece of content and get young people, old people, business and tech paople to simply devaur every word you write.
I normally say content wether it's in a mail, a book, a webpage or any other place needs to be as long or short as it needs to be as loong as you get the point accross and you don't bore people you'll be fine.

Back