Can you just post a blog post in Spanish on an English site and have it rank for Spanish terms?

Degree
Let's say you're a DUI attorney in San Diego and your site's in English. You want to target "DUI attorney" in Spanish and don't want to make a Spanish site. Could you just make a blog post called "Conducir bajo la influencia del abogado" and post it on your site's blog and would that one and only Spanish blog post rank for Spanish keywords when it's on an English site?

I've done multi-lingual SEO before with many localisations but that requires a new site with translated UI and such. This idea would only cost me $20 for a Spanish article, let's say, and can be done in 5 minutes. Anyone tried this? If no one has, I'll spend $20 and find out. Let me know!

I read something recently from John Mueller that was saying that (and don't quote me on it) as long as you aren't switching languages within the content it should be okay. Just be consistently in Spanish the whole time (minus translating the entire UI). You should be able to add a hreflang tag to it, too. I'd give it a shot since you can do it cheaply enough.

I read something recently from John Mueller that was saying that (and don't quote me on it) as long as you aren't switching languages within the content it should be okay. Just be consistently in Spanish the whole time (minus translating the entire UI). You should be able to add a hreflang tag to it, too. I'd give it a shot since you can do it cheaply enough.
That's what I was thinking too but I doubted myself because it seemed too simple. hahaha thanks! Adding it to my to-do list for this site.

Glad you asked this question because I was dinking around on Ahrefs and found a goldmine of content that is my existing content/keywords but in Spanish.

I looked into using DeepL Translate and hiring a bilingual VA to clean up the text.

Ryuzaki is correct.

There is in fact a s&p500 company that does this where 75% of their traffic and content is in english but they also do spanish blog posts... I guess they have a large presence in south america.

The posts in spanish are in pure spanish. What is separated out is their URL structure it has a "domain.com/es/post"

The english content doesn't have the "/es"

Ryuzaki is correct.

There is in fact a s&p500 company that does this where 75% of their traffic and content is in english but they also do spanish blog posts... I guess they have a large presence in south america.

The posts in spanish are in pure spanish. What is separated out is their URL structure it has a "domain.com/es/post"

The english content doesn't have the "/es"
I’ll just create a category on WordPress called Spanish and the folder is /es/. Easy enough!

Back