Can non-affliate sites be profitable

Degree
It seems a large number of sites focus on being amazon affliates, can you make a profit strictly off advertisements? a six figure profit?

apologies for another fear mongering post. Just trying to learn before I dive in this week.

Yes, pure display ads can get you to 6 figures, even 7 figures if built correctly. Check out @MrMedia's AMA here; https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/just-sold-my-portfolio-for-7-figures-usd-ama.5220/.

Bear in mind, there are more ways to monetize than just display ads and affiliate offers.

Depending on your niche, you can sell eBooks, create a course, create your own product, etc. As you grow, opportunities will arise and you will find newer ways to monetize.

What's important when you get started is to first get eyeballs to your website. Audience > Trust > Monetize (ATM) is a good methodology to start off with.

Once you build an audience that trusts you, the sky is the limit.

Read Day #9: Monetization, it teaches you the 4 basic types of websites, and how to monetize each type with different methods and what to avoid doing (cannibalization).

Most of your questions are already answered within the Digital Strategy Crash Course at a macro and micro level.

Surely you've heard of:
  • eCommerce
  • Display Ads
  • Cost per Acquisition Lead Gen
  • Data Collection & Selling
  • Pay per Call Lead Gen
  • Newsletters & Solo Ads
  • Software as a Service
  • Guest Posts & Sponsored Posts
  • Subscription Products
  • eBooks
  • Paywalls
  • Courses & Guides
  • Video Ads & Sponsorships
  • Podcasts
And so forth. MOST sites on the internet aren't affiliate marketing sites, and they continue to operate and pay people (and of course many are just hobby blogs that don't make money). Forums, social media sites, newspaper sites, most of the crap we use day in and day out aren't affiliate sites. The ones making the most money aren't affiliate sites.

Profitable display ad site builder checking in. 95% of revenue comes from premium ad networks. So much so my whole model is focused centrally on them.

As @Reapzy says; check out MrMedia's epic thread. It's hugely inspiring and helped lead me to this forum and away from r/juststart.

Back