Can I combine multiple APIs into a single service I sell?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Hey guys,

Would you say its legal / ethical to do something like this?

Say I want data for x api, y api, and z api. Can I then create a frontend and combine the data from x, y, and z into a single service and then sell that?

Thanks!

I don't know if its legal in your particular case, but it's certainly ethical and data aggregation is a very common and useful service.

Each API is going to have terms of service agreements that may include you not doing this. Whether they find out is one thing but that can throw the legality into question. You won’t be able to hide where the requests are coming from, and if you do enough volume you’ll draw attention to yourself. Just read the ToS’s and see what they say. I’d say these agreements will dictate the ethicality, too.

Why would making a product with a bunch of apis be illegal?

Most all-in-one tools out there seem to be doing the same thing. Tbh, API usually seem like a "Permission-to-spam".

Why would making a product with a bunch of apis be illegal?
I guess I mean what do you do if they dont mention it in their ToS. For example, like take what @bernard mentioned https://dataforseo.com/terms-of-service nowhere in there ToS does it mention anything about selling their data, so do I just assume that I could build any product with their data as long as I pay for the API usage?

I guess I mean what do you do if they dont mention it in their ToS. For example, like take what @bernard mentioned https://dataforseo.com/terms-of-service nowhere in there ToS does it mention anything about selling their data, so do I just assume that I could build any product with their data as long as I pay for the API usage?

My man. You’re supposed to build and sell a product for them. That’s the business model. They’re the 11gorillian pound white elephant lurking in the industry.

@built -
If you're unsure about your end product, it wouldn't hurt to contact them - use an assumed name if need be. Nothing worse than working hard only to run into a roadblock from one of or your only main source.

My man. You’re supposed to build and sell a product for them. That’s the business model. They’re the 11gorillian pound white elephant lurking in the industry.
Any context as to how to backlink data compares to ahrefs? Both have roughly 3.5 trillion links currently. Suspiciously close...

Ahrefs API is cost prohibitive for large research projects now, where I would ideally get a million serp results and the full backlink profile for each url result in top 10.

Back