Can I add other topics like lifestyle and home and garden to health and nutrition website ?

Degree
I have a health and nutrition website. I realized that it is very difficult to rank high on these topics.
Can I add other topics like home and garden, lifestyle, and the like?
Since I already have 150 posts for health and nutrition, I can not just give up this site and make a new site.
So I wanted to include other topics that are easier to rank.
Also, the title of the site is such as healthnutrition.com

My question is how will Google view this, will it punish me for including other topics or not?
What to do?
Will it be bad for SEO?

There's no simple answer to this.

I generally won't do it, but I will look for angles that will allow it.

First for why not to do it. There's quite a bit of evidence that Google punishes sites that stretch too wide, without enough trust and authority. Authority Hacker had an episode reviewing such a site, that was originally about running, but branched into many other topics and it eventually got slapped.

The topical relevance has to follow the general authority of the site, so the more authority you get, the more you can expand.

Personally, I also have a site in fitness and I will not do home and garden, but I will move toward lifestyle such as beauty or kitchen appliances and such.

What you definitely need to do is create a bunch of informational content around it or it won't rank. I also think you should do some "bridge content", where you try to bridge from health and nutrition to lifestyle.

So you could do content like "3 surprising benefits of water fasting", among one could be nicer skin. Then from that article you could like to "5 superfoods that give you nicer skin" and then from that you can link to "Best face cleansing" brush.

Health & Nutrition are definitely going to be not-necessarily-worth-it levels of hard, considering they are YMYL topics.

Expanding outward on the same domain is only going to be beneficial if you have tons of high quality backlinks pouring in. Your content is not going to be any kind of saving grace, and in fact will probably hold the rest of your non-YMYL rankings down. I believe I've read John Mueller say that Google doesn't get granular about it. If you have a bunch of YMYL content, you'll get classified that way, even if you have a lot that isn't.

So unless you're sitting on some kind of DR70 domain, I see zero reason not to simply start over on another domain that's not YMYL. And I see no reason not to recoup some of what you've built. You could sell it to someone looking to enter the niche or looking for another site they can use as a PBN. But hanging onto it, if you're done with health and nutrition, is pointless in this day and age. I'm seasoned and you wouldn't catch me dead trying to enter the health vertical. Could I do it? Maybe. Is there much faster paths to ROI elsewhere? Absolutely. And money is the goal, not attachment to any project (as hard as that is).

Expanding outward on the same domain is only going to be beneficial if you have tons of high quality backlinks pouring in. Your content is not going to be any kind of saving grace, and in fact will probably hold the rest of your non-YMYL rankings down.
I'm moving into supplements from fitness equipment.

Google Search Console tells me I should, but I will be very interested to see if it works out,.

I feel like the fitness niche is plummeting at the moment after covid. I just spent several thousands on links. I'll be looking to sell in February.

Too crowded, I feel like everyone is in this niche now. Not a good sign.

I have a health and nutrition website. I realized that it is very difficult to rank high on these topics.
Can I add other topics like home and garden, lifestyle, and the like?
Since I already have 150 posts for health and nutrition, I can not just give up this site and make a new site.
So I wanted to include other topics that are easier to rank.
Also, the title of the site is such as healthnutrition.com

My question is how will Google view this, will it punish me for including other topics or not?
What to do?
Will it be bad for SEO?
How much traffic and what DR? If it's decent you could sell guest posts to recover some losses.

I only have 10 DR with the 2-year-old website, but I like health and nutrition, always want to get answer to people for these topics, that is the reason why just not like to quit this site or niche. I always like health and nutrition, I know is hard, but I just do not have any motivation to make posts about other topics or niches.

Back