BuSo Lightning - Official Support Thread

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
BuSo Lightning - Official Support Thread

If you have any questions regarding BuSo Lightning - The Fastest Wordpress Theme [Not available for the time being], this is the thread for them!

The idea behind Lightning is that it is a fast and clean starting point for developers to create themes for their new Wordpress projects. Most developers aren't going to have any questions, and it's not realistic to not expect newcomers to the design and development world not to try the theme out too.

So newb or pro, if you're trying to do something with the BuSo Lightning theme and need help, whether that's HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, whatever... Drop your question in this thread and some kind soul will help you out.

(By the way, you'll see this thread get magically pre-populated with a ton of questions and answers from the Marketplace thread, which shouldn't have been happening in there in the first place. So that's where they're from.)

Last edited:
Mobile menu isn't working on my iPhone. Anyone else see this?

@animalstyle Thanks for the heads up. Is that on the demo site or when it's installed live on your own site? The reason I ask is we fixed a few bugs between uploading the demo and the version that's actually downloadable, but Ryuzaki is looking into this and we'll have it fixed in the next update asap.

@Stephen You can definitely just hop in and remove the link from the code, we don't have it encrypted or setup so that it breaks the theme or anything like that. We may add an option to the panel to remove it with a click eventually, but if you need a hand taking it out manually for now just shoot me a PM and I'll give you instructions. It's nofollow, but I usually remove those from my themes too so no hard feelings :wink:

Both on the demo site, and my site.

Thank you for the theme. However, you left in the clicky tracking script before the closing body in footer.php.

@qwianghomingh Thanks for the heads up! Seems @Ryuzaki was so excited to push out version 1.1 that he forgot to take out the clicky code that's used for the demo version of the theme on BuSoThemes.com - will have that fixed up asap.

The new version is up without any extra clicky codes in there... enjoy!

I'm liking the look of this.
Is there any plan to offer a release without the footer link back here? I've never been a fan of those.
Me neither.... Got a click from the search "Theme By Builder Society", tisk tisk. Was easy to change and get rid of the footprint, but would be convenient to have an option to change it on the dashboard.

@Quantum That's fair, totally get where you're coming from and will be less and less of a concern as more sites continue to adopt the theme, especially once it goes up on wordpress.org. We will include a way to easily remove the footer link in a future update for people who aren't comfortable going into the code of the theme and are concerned about it.

Last edited:
Me neither.... Got a click from the search "Theme By Builder Society", tisk tisk. Was easy to change and get rid of the footprint, but would be convenient to have an option to change it on the dashboard.

Yeah, totally legit concern. The next update will include an easy "yes or no" checkbox to disable the footer link. For now, you can just edit the footer.php and remove the one line of HTML near the bottom :smile:

I'm a little confused on the logo size. It says 400px in width. What's the recommended height? Is the 400px in width to make sure it's mobile friendly?

Would like to move forward with this theme and know it's best practices, thanks

I'm a little confused on the logo size. It says 400px in width. What's the recommended height? Is the 400px in width to make sure it's mobile friendly?

Would like to move forward with this theme and know it's best practices, thanks

Thank you for catching this. This was a remnant of something we tried before going with no limitations on the logo. I've corrected this by removing this wording from future versions.

Attention:
You can use any width logo!

The only limitation, which is actually a helper, is there is a maximum width of 100% of the container. So if you place in a crazily wide image, it will be reduced down to the proper size, and also resize appropriately for mobile.

If you use something around 500px, it won't begin to resize to mobile until the browser is reduced to that width. If you stretch wider, like on a desktop, it'll stay 500px.

Just remember, as the width is reduced, the height will shrink as well. So if you do opt to use something as wide as 1000px, when it becomes 300-500px or so for mobile, the height is going to get cut by half.

Looks good @Ryuzaki I want to have a static area at the top of the homepage but also to show the latest posts underneath that. I'm having some trouble for some reason, will PM for advice hope you don't mind.

@learningcurve

There isn't an option for that yet, however it's definitely something we will add in a future version - great suggestion! In the meantime I'm sure @Ryuzaki would be happy to help get you setup with a left sidebar by hand.

@learningcurve

There isn't an option for that yet, however it's definitely something we will add in a future version - great suggestion! In the meantime I'm sure @Ryuzaki would be happy to help get you setup with a left sidebar by hand.

Only if it wasn't too much effort for him. I have a new project I'm going to start soon and would love to put it on this theme. It's all about the customisation for me, not just the ability to change which side the side bar is on, but that is one of the first things I would look at.

I use one theme and it has the option of having the sidebar on different sides for home page, single pages etc. I happen to like that option because I think it changes the page up a bit for the user. It also makes testing ad placement relatively easy as well.

If the big man could create a custom one with a left sidebar, I would be extremely appreciative.

@learningcurve , I can definitely do that. It'd probably be a global option at first, and later having the addition of choosing which types of pages have it on left, right, or none. Good suggestion. I'll look at it and see what it'll take, and then send you a conversation message and see if you want it implemented on your site :smile:

@Ryuzaki
Another iPhone menu thing. You can click to open, but it won't close. Can you make it toggle?

@Ryuzaki
Another iPhone menu thing. You can click to open, but it won't close. Can you make it toggle?

Good catch, I'll be looking into this immediately. This is the struggle with not using javascript. It would be additional requests, versus getting it done with CSS like I've done. But all of these platforms are interpreting it differently. Fun, but always another surprise. I'll let you know as soon as I've got that closing properly.

Thank you sir! I really appreciate the work you've put into this. I have started to tinker with the code a bit. Ill send you a couple tweaks I threw in that might help the theme. PM Sent

I get a "read more" text in the upper left corner on every post. Do you know how to fix that? I'm using thrive content builder, maybe there are some issues with it?

Untitled.png

Besides that I really like the theme!

@Ryuzaki

For anyone needing an immediate fix to this issue, please do the following:

Edit the style.css file, and near the top under the "Normalize" header (the first section), you'll see that the 2nd CSS element listed is "body".

It currently appears like this:
Code:
body {
  margin: 0;
}

Just add "cursor: pointer;", so that it appears like this:

Code:
body {
  margin: 0;
  cursor: pointer;
}

That's fixing it on my end. Apple devices have trouble with CSS hover event, apparently, since there's no cursor hovering, but touch interactions. Using javascript and jquery is the standard to achieve these types of interactions but we're going for SPEED!

I get a "read more" text in the upper left corner on every post. Do you know how to fix that? I'm using thrive content builder, maybe there are some issues with it?

Untitled.png

Besides that I really like the theme!

Saiten,

the "Read More >>" is set up to appear after the excerpt on the "blog roll" style pages. I've never used Thrive Content Builder, but I wonder if it's not using the <!--more--> tag or something like that which is triggering it to add "Read More>>". But it's not appearing inline with the rest of the content. You're welcome to PM me a link to your site if you'd like me to look at it. This is a conflict being added by Thrive, and I'd have to see more deeply into it to know whats going on.

@MetaData is there any easy way to add masonry layout to the homepage? I would like to have two maybe three posts in one line. What file I have to edit to get it done? Not asking for a copy paste solution just some directions.

@MetaData is there any easy way to add masonry layout to the homepage? I would like to have two maybe three posts in one line. What file I have to edit to get it done? Not asking for a copy paste solution just some directions.

There's not an easy way to do it unless you're familiar with coding and can add it in from scratch yourself. We're going to implement that style of homepage in a future theme but that's all I can really say about that at the moment...

Back