Business Strategy Phone Calls

Degree
Anyone ever get a phone call by someone who wants to see how you can work together but then just sits there on the phone, pelts you with questions about your business, writes down the information but then when you ask about their business, then cut you off, want to schedule sometime next week, etc.

Just had one but not the first one I've had.

Those kinds of calls grind my gears. Waste of my time. I usually am able to grasp quickly what their intentions are. If they want me to promote an affiliate program or are just fishing for info.

Anyone who gets these calls, make sure you don't give any info. It's just for research for them and they will use it against you. Business is war my friends.

I just lie and make up answers to hopefully deter them from entering my niche.

/end rant

One method is to collect their contact information and promise to get back to them about scheduling a time to talk, and then don't. That gives you a chance to find out who they are, find out what their business is, and then if they're serious you can call them back or wait to see if they call you back. If they aren't serious they'll assume you sniffed them out and move on to the next mark.

Another strategy is to take charge of the phone call and immediately start asking them questions about their business, after all they contacted you so they must have done some research about your business if they are serious, and be more than willing to answer any of your questions about their business, if they arent then either do as @Ryuzaki wrote, or simply let them know that if they don't want to answer your questions then they are waisting both yours and their own time.

Back