Bulk-scheduling image posts to social media?

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey I'm trying to find a solution that will allow me to schedule a bunch of posts, select hashtags, and have them post to various social platforms so that the times are staggered out. I can't find any feature in Buffer that will let me create these posts in bulk, just one at a time... which doesn't really help.

Any leads?

Thanks!

Hootsuite allows you to import by spreadsheet. The real trick is to automate a lot of the posting to other social networks though, so you can just post to 1-2 and from there it shares to every other network.

@juliantrueflynn I signed up for a pro hootsuite account after posting this but their FAQ says that you can't bulk schedule images using their CSV method, unless there's a trick/workaround that I'm missing?

As for 'the real trick'... good call, that's going to be really useful and means I'll only need to post them to whichever one makes it the easier.

Yea my bad then, I wasn't thinking photo feature just import. I just looked it up and saw Sendible did it though so maybe check that out.

For tumbler

Tailwind app for Pinterest.

Both are good and either free or cheap.

I don't think Hootsuite allows bulk image upload. You could upload all the images somewhere and then use a bulk URL shortener.. Then use hootsuite bulk csv scheduler with the image URL. I doubt the posts would look good though. Twitter and FB may not pull the image into the post, and the image would not show up in your photo section.. Depends on your needs I guess.

Correct, no image scheduling with Hootsuite. Makes me wonder how many social media people out there are just tossing up tons of text posts and makes me wonder WHY, when images should be getting much better reach and engagement. Maybe Hootsuite is mostly just 'social media ninjas' going through the motions for their clients. I'm surprised that the most popular social media management tool can bulk schedule text but they haven't added the ability for images, that seems like an oversight to me but maybe it's uncommon for people to want this feature for some strange reason.

I'm using Sendible now, they allow me to bulk upload images to my media library and then schedule them out one at a time. Still a bit clunkier than I'm hoping for, so it's not my ultimate solution, but it gets the job done.

I've still got to look into IFTTT, Tailwind, and Archive Poster for tumblr. If I find the best solution, even if it only works for one network, at least I can IFTTT it to the other ones.

According to Sendible there are no social media tools that can schedule image posts to Instagram due to limitations in the API. Looking at IFTTT, any of the recipes involving Instagram require the image to be posted to IG first, then they'll post it elsewhere. So by the sounds of it, I may have to do Instagram manually anyways, so then the move might be to just setup recipes like post from IG - > Twitter, IG -> Pin, IG -> Tumblr, etc. Except that I don't want all of these accounts having identical content all the time.

I'm looking into this one right now viraltag.com. The tool appears to have the capability to schedule Pinterest images in bulk. There is also an option for Instagram as well. Just little tired singing up with all these tools only to find out that are not even capable of doing half the job promised...

Dream tool: Drop in a folder of images then I see a table with a thumbnail of each image, and a list of accounts where I can check which account each image gets posted to (Or 1 click for "all"), then it automatically schedules them to stagger out every X amount of time (Every couple hours, or whatever I choose.) Sendible is close but you still need to upload the image and then add it to your list, then add tags and a message for each one, then click to choose the date it gets posted, then click to choose the time... Too many extra steps that don't necessarily need to be there.

If anyone is good at making tools and wants some more specific feedback from me, get in touch. I think there could be some potential here because what seems like it should be a basic feature seems like it is completely overlooked by most tools, and handled somewhat clunky by others. For people maintaining social pages, this could save a lot of time and it's something I would gladly pay for every month.

Back