Builder Rolodex - Skill Sets & Niches

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Our friend @Tucky had a great idea and this is the end result. He proposed we create a database of willing Builders that are open to conversation and collaboration. If you find that you're in need of a special skill set, you can search this thread and use the index below to find someone who may be available to lend a helping hand. The same goes for verticals and niches. Trading off guest posts or sharing resources can be a major win/win situation.

Please read the example post before adding your listing.
Send a moderator a message to make changes to your listing.

Building

Programming
Web Design
Content Creation
Graphic Design

Marketing

Paid Media
Social Media
Search
Branding
eCommerce
Conversion Optimization

Exiting

Verticals

Entertainment
Gaming
Gambling
Lifestyle
Home
Education
Politics
Hobby
Music
Personal Development
Health
Addiction
Fitness
Food / Nutrition
Weight Loss
Sports
Combat
Extreme
Tech
Computers
Consumer Products
Viral

Example Post:
We're going to be very strict here. This thread is not for discussion. If you find a person you'd like to connect with, send them a private message to initiate the conversation. Also, please follow the example format below. It is specific. If you can't follow it your post will be deleted. This is an "idiot test." If you didn't read these directions then you aren't ready to accept payment from other builders. The same goes for if you did read them and still can't follow them. The more organized the thread is, the more use we will all get out of it.

You must have at least 250 posts to be listed.

Here's the layout we'd like for everyone to follow:
(omitting anything you don't wish to include)

Your Username (font-size 22 and bold)

Skill Sets: (bold and underline)
  • Bolded Skill (non-bold quick specializations)
  • Web Design (HTML & CSS, beginner level jQuery)
  • Graphic Design (Photoshop, non-vector based)
  • Content Writing (College Educated US Native)
Verticals:
  • Bolded Vertical (non-bold niches)
  • Finance (debt settlement, credit repair)
  • Technology (mobile app reviews)
  • Gaming (console only)
Notes:

A short paragraph of anything you deem worthy... I'm proficient enough with jQuery for front-end development but I'm not great at scripting Javascript or much backend development. I received an award in Creative Writing from my university and also wrote many lab reports and scientific papers. I'm great with Photoshop but have no clue with what's going on with Adobe Illustrator. Finance is my permanent vertical that I specialize in and will never leave. I'm currently in Technology and Gaming with the intention of flipping, meaning I will eventually sign a non-compete agreement. I'm open to guest posting and cross-social promotion.

CCarter

Skill Sets:
  • Programming (C, C++, Go, Java, Javascript, jQuery, NodesJS, Perl, PHP, Python, R, Ruby)
  • Web Design (HTML & CSS, expert level jQuery)
  • Graphic Design (expert level Photoshop)
  • Data Visualization (expert level)
  • Database Management (Redis, MYSQL, SSDB)
  • Marketing (Traffic Generation, Branding)
Notes:

I am a programmer who can take an idea from concept, to idea, build it, and then expertly market it, online and offline through multiple channels, while maintaining profitability while managing a workforce of up to 50 people.

Recently I've built a SAAS from scratch written in perl, C, C++, php, & javascript/jQuery. We heavily utilize MYSQL, Redis, and are integrating SSDB more into the operation to create a more robust NoSQL environment. The level of data being stored is considered big data due to the sheer amount of inputs from multiple sources. If you are looking at a difficult problem creating and storing data I can help. Programming architecture and management under stressful environments are an everyday norm.

In my lifetime I have consulted on marketing campaigns with Fortune-50 companies, the Government of Panama, ran an marketing agency that ended up representing some big brands at one point, and have sat on the board for the largest ISO merchant bank under one of the Big Four Banks (USA). There are some other wins but I like staying private.

At the moment my main focus is creating and running SAASes with a strong focus on creating great user experiences for the lifetime of each customers.

I'm available on a consulting basis only for projects with budgets starting at $500K.

Ryuzaki

Skill Sets:
  • Web Design (HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP)
  • Wordpress (expert level customization)
  • Search Engine Optimization (expert level on-page & off-page)
Notes:

Although my skill sets extend beyond those listed, I've chosen to only include those with which I'm willing to help others, with the full expectation of payment. We may find that my other skills and vertical involvements match your needs during discussion.

My involvement in online marketing and web development has continued for over 15 years and will progress until either I or the internet ceases to exist. My focus for the past 5 years and more has been on Authority Sites and everything involved in them. The goal is to capture and retain users, educating them in their journey and guiding them through their present and future purchases. This demands a vast knowledge of marketing techniques and web architecture. Other related topics I enjoy and excel at include Copywriting, Graphic Design, and Data-based Decision Making.

Currently, I only entertain speed optimization, security hardening, web design, and full website build (code, design, content, & optimization) offers. Wordpress only.

Last edited:
Potatoe

Skill Sets:
  • Writing (Focus on engaging, viral content.)
  • Copy-Editing (Making lemonade out of lemons)
  • Sr. / Editor in Chief (Managing a creative team to produce effective content.)
  • Social Media (Tieing it all together to manage, feed, and grow an existing audience using the many overlooked essential nuances that can make or break your engagement.)
  • Systemization (Creating an efficient and effective work flow for your content creation.)
  • Personnel (Hiring and training the right people to scale your brand the right way.)
  • Closing (When you're ready to sell your site and you need everything to go smoothly.)
Verticals:
  • Fitness (Emphasis on niche-specic content with broad viral appeal.)
  • Gaming (High-level experience in the fast-paced world of 24/7 gaming news.)
  • Combat Sports (Emphasis on the entertainment side.)
  • Offbeat (Weird, strange, fringe topics that need to be handled very carefully.)
  • Lists (They'll hate themselves for clicking "Next", but they'll still do it.)
  • Others as well (But I've been closely involved in 6+ figure properties in each of the aforementioned verticals in particular.)
Notes:

I can't design or code to save my life. I only know the very basics of SEO. I focus on the things that I'm great at and leave the rest of it up to the experts in their fields. From managing the day-to-day of smaller sites, to niche-leading magazines pushing millions of pageviews, from curating content and re-framing it to reach as many people as possible, to assigning keyword-based articles to your writers and making sure they hit deadlines, I'm a hired gun who is here to make sure all-things-content are taken care of so you can focus on the bigger picture.

I put a lot of value in communication. From communicating with your team to set expectations, to ensuring deadlines are met, to communicating with your audience, and of course with you. When it hits the fan (And it always does, in one way or another) I'm never hard to get ahold of when it's most urgent. When things are off-track, I don't turtle up, I fix them.

I enjoy being the outside perspective and the fresh set of eyes, and taking the steps to ensure that successful content brands are meeting their full potential.

My rates begin at $400 USD per week and I'm interested in working hands-on with brands that already have an audience and traction. Whether you need a tighter ship, or to grow your team to meet the demands of your readers, I like to take great things and make them better. I'm less interested in building it from scratch, however I'm open to that for the right business, if it truly excites me. I can help you get the most out of your team, your audience, and your site overall.

Last edited:
eLiquid

Skill Sets:
  • Paid Digital Marketing ( Adwords, Bing, FB, Twitter, Media Buys, Native, PPV, TrafficVance, etc )
  • Conversion Rate Optimization ( sales funnels, cart, backend sales )
  • Marketing Automation ( funnels, emails, etc )
  • Programming ( PHP )
  • Big Database Management ( Redis, MYSQL, SSDB )
  • C Level Management as CMO
Verticals:
  • Higher Education Lead Generation
  • Drug Rehab Lead Generation
  • Legal Lead Generation
  • Weight Loss / Health at CPS, Lead Gen, Negative Option
  • All eCommerce
  • Many more than I could list...
  • SaaS
Notes:

If you can think it, I've probably done it or touched it.

I got my start online back in 1996 as a self-taught web designer and I worked in an industry that was breaking ground with bleeding edge technology online, the adult industry. From that point I taught myself programming in Perl and PHP/MySQL and later bought some of the first penny PPC clicks on GoTo.com back in 1999. I even went on to create the first SEO plugin for Wordpress 2.0 back in 2006.

From those humble beginnings, I left the adult industry and took $1,300 off my credit card and turned it into over $1M of NET profit in less than 6 months time. This lead me to becoming the #1 domestic and international affiliate for several networks at once. I spawned over a billion dollars ( yes, with a B ) of revenue for multiple networks, affiliates, and product owners with my invention of the Acai/Colon fake blog.

Who else is going to know digital marketing better than a marketer that has spent their own money on it and had it provide bread on their table? It surely isn't those guys that clock in from 9-5 and learn on the agency dime. It for sure isn't someone that hasn't put their neck on the line either.

I retired for a while, but then jumped into becoming CMO of one of the largest urban soft-goods retailers on Amazon and eBay where I managed all the paid advertising for the company. I also trained staff, proposed budgets, negotiated contracts, and managed a new $400,000 website roll out with a 3rd party agency.

Ever heard of "Shark Tank"? I was an equity owner in a company where I handled all the digital advertising. I helped this company grow from nothing to getting its first 50,000 customers and $500,000 in revenue. We went on to land a celebrity investment from a famous "Shark" and then proceed to go on to another investment from Y-Combinator in the winter 2015 class. Total raised, over $2.5M.

Over 10,000 entrepreneurs learned social media advertising from me when I was hired by one of the largest, and most successful, Amazon.com training companies in the world. My material today is still teaching new Amazon sellers how to sell their products with social media.

Recently, I'm running my 3rd SaaS business. The other 2 did great and were breakthrough services on their own, but mostly limited in revenue based on the small pool of available customers I had. However, my 3rd SaaS is an invention I created to scratch my own itch ( SERPWoo ) and has taken off so well that I'm proud to say we represent some big brands atm. Many large and long standing competitors are stealing from us left and right too and that really makes me smile.

I'll only entertain offers that put me into some recurring revenue model like a retainer, set monthly fee, or partial ownership with base. While I don't have a set minimum, I am not taking on small projects that a junior level person could be helping you with.

Back in the day, I quit a job and then revisited the company 6 months later only to find out they had hired over 10 new employees to do the job that I had just did by myself 6 months ago. Think about what kind of value I could bring to you and your project if I can do what 10 employees were hired to do after I left the company.

Last edited:
Charles Floate

Skill Sets:
  • All Round SEO - Specifically Good At Link Building Campaigns & Strategies.
  • Marketing - Proficient in PPC, Social, Email & Traffic Generation.
  • Content Writing / Blogging - Been blogging for over 5 years, high school level education but I'm self taught English lit college level - I am very proficient at technology based writing and write a lot of my own money sites content in these niches.
  • Video / YouTube - I've been making YouTube videos since I was 13, 7 years ago. I've ran my own YouTube network with Todd Foster that had combined partners of over half a billion views and am highly proficient in AE, Vegas, Camtasia etc.. I also have a studio setup in my office which is why my SEO video production is of such high quality.
Verticals:
  • Technology - Most of my sites are in the tech niche.. I'm a nerd and I like niches that interest me, so computing/gaming/servers etc.. I have sites in all of these.
  • Gambling - Got one site I own and a JV on another site.. Currently generate 4 figures a month. I've played poker since I was 10 and love strategy games.
  • Home - I have several of my own sites in this niche, my family has a large business in this niche and I also have several clients here.. A lot of my network is made up of home sites.
  • E-Commerce - My agency specializes in EComm SEO, and I started SEO working on my mother's E-Commerce business which I took from 0 to over 200 sales/week of high value items (average sale price was about £300) that sky rocketed her business from 3 to now over 50 employees.
Notes:

I have the advantage of being very well known and connected in the SEO industry, which means I get consistent access to all sorts of premium links and services at a massively discounted price.. This translates very well when it comes to growing sites quickly, as I can scale due to outsourcing at a very effective price in comparison to what other's would be able to get.

I run a 5 man team in the UK, 2 of which are on this forum and we have the capabilities to build sites, PBNs, links, content etc.. with very fast turn arounds which gives us the ability to grow out quicker than most.

I myself have been in SEO for coming up to 9 years this year, have worked on thousands of websites, with hundreds of clients, done hundreds of hours of consultancy work and it all leads down to me having an innate SEO sense of anything I look at - I can audit a site in a matter of minutes rather than hours and thanks to having a photographic memory, I have an added advantage of remembering almost anything I have learned over the years.

Though there are likely a lot of people on this forum that are much older, much wiser etc.. I have the advantage of growing up with the internet, I can type over 140 words a minute due to playing professional video games for 3 years and I have quite literally grown up with the internet as a part of me. Not many professionals can say that, and if they can, they likely don't have anywhere close to the experience in digital marketing that I do.

I offer consulting (you can find it on my blog) at a rate of $350/hour, or $750/day + travel expenses - I could charge much higher for day rates, but I really enjoy travelling! I also offer partnerships for those looking to JV (though my acceptance rate is <1%) and agency services for those looking for an expert UK firm that has experience in every angle.. Starting at $4,000/month.

Last edited:
AndrewKar

Skill Sets:
  • Web design (Wordpress - CSS&PHP customizations, static HTML&CSS, configurations etc.)
  • Graphic Design (Photoshop, non-vector and vector [basic])
  • On-Page SEO (Website optimization)
  • Keyword research
  • Competition research
  • Infographics/visual content (Static, animated and interactive [basic])
  • Content research and planning (Medical, health, nutrition, dieting, fitness, scientific study backup etc.)
  • Food technology (Microbiology of food, meal plans, food preparation and preservation, diets, macro and micronutrients, food industry, technology etc.)
  • Social Media “trolling”/Commenting/Engaging (Web portals, Forums, YT, FB, Twitter etc.)
Verticals:
  • Health (Medical, general health, cancer, nutrition, dieting, fitness, bodybuilding)
  • Politics (Global, European, US, Russian)
  • Sports (extreme sports)
  • Hobby (Model kits)
Notes:

I’ve started my Internet Marketing journey in 2007/2008, and it was the best decision I’ve ever made. When it comes to Internet Marketing and especially content engagement (in my favorite niches) I read between the lines. So, if you are looking for help in niches like nutrition, fitness, health, supplements, medicine etc. just let me know.

Above are the skills and verticals I like to operate in but, I’m happy to test new waters as well. If you need help with anything listed above, just get in touch.

Most of the time I’m busy with my own project/s, so please keep that in mind before contacting me. If you need fast job done for yesterday that’s fine, but please make sure your request is firm and specific (at every point).

NOTE: If you don’t have any money to invest, please at list describe your other options. I’m happy to discuss details with everyone (assuming we are not wasting our time).

JT1

Skill Sets:
  • Web Design - Wordpress - CSS/HTML , Bootstrap .
  • On-page SEO - Page speed optimisation
  • Keyword Research - Competition Analysis
  • Off-page SEO - More about this in the notes
  • Affiliate Marketing - Amazon (niche research, optimisation, flipping)
  • ORM
  • Client SEO - Full time inhouse team
Verticals:
  • Tech - Mobile phones,TVs, Earphones etc.
  • Hobby - Toys, surfboards - based off a recent acquisition
  • Musical Instruments - Hobby site which is powered by my passion for guitar and everything guitar related.
Notes
I have a master's degree in computer science which means I can understand anything technical - I am a full stack developer though it's not something I enjoy doing. Maybe that's why I have a full time developer on my team.So basically if you on some weird tech niche/ - I can understand what you are dealing with.

I am an Amazon veteran. I have had multiple successful ventures and my affiliate empire is growing as you read this. I have a pipelined process which deploys affiliate sites at will. This is the only program I honestly care about.

I have an inhouse team(8 minions) which works hand in hand with agencies in Australia and Singapore. We design lead gen websites, do link building and everything SEO.That includes page speed optimisation and onpage which actually makes a difference. My team also works on my personal projects and this means I do not have the need to outsource anything business critical. My niches aren't thrown around by SEO vendors and that is not something you want as well.Think before buying that $97 PBN blast from BHW.

That being said, I also have access to links which NOBODY in the business has access to. No, I am not talking about discounts. I am talking about exclusivity.
Before you go ape and ask me "brah , why you do client stuff if you can rank #1 all the time brah?" - I do not have the time to explain " economy of scale " to you.
Also, I have helped a few Fortune 500 companies with ORM.

I appreciate SEO/link building projects upwards of $3,000/month. I can probably help you with some Amazon stuff as well. I do not do JVs unless you bring something new to the table - and that's pretty rare.

Island

Skill Sets:
  • Paid Traffic Expert at YouTube Advertising, Proficient with Facebook Ads (including video ads), Adwords for Search, GDN
  • Digital Marketing- Proficient at Funnel Optimization, Email Marketing Strategy, Brand messaging, and Monetization.
  • SEO- Competent at On and Off Page SEO, and Linkbuilding
  • Analytics- Competent at Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and using the Facebook pixel.
Verticals:
  • Client work in video production, fitness, education lead gen, online schools, personal development, dropshipping.
  • Personal projects in e-commerce and local lead generation.
Notes:

I got my start in SEO... and got pretty decent at it.

What I really specialize in is paid traffic, especially YouTube ads since I have extensive experience with that platform.

Around a year ago, a buddy hired me on to help optimize his brand and I dive head first into the world of paid traffic, understanding funnels and improving them, and email marketing automation. Let's just say I was addicted because this was way more fun than SEO and much more "real marketing". I ran his YouTube ads (solid campaign and Google reached out to us asking us to do a case study) and helped him and his team crush it.

Since then I've been mainly involved in digital marketing for clients in different industries, and have helped them drastically improve their funnels, and have managed Facebook and YouTube ads campaigns. A typical day involves me doing heavy brainstorming figuring out how to improve client funnels, looking at data in Google Analytics, managing paid traffic campaigns, and jumping on a call to discuss digital strategy. My clients pay me well because I generate excellent results for them and help them scale.

Currently I'm working on a e-commerce venture and learning a lot about the dropshipping and the e-commerce world. That takes up half my time and the other half I spend working with clients.

I'm available for digital marketing consulting and strategy creation, as well as YouTube and Facebook Ads. I typically offer a free hour no-obligation consultation to see what I can do for you. Definitely hit me up if you've got a revenue generating asset that you want to further monetize. From my experience most SEOs are squeezing a tiny fraction of the revenue from their visitors and I can help out with that for sure.

I currently charge 80$/hour, with discounts for longer contracts. I also work on a fixed rate basis for certain types of projects.

Skill Sets:
  • Niche Validation (for Content Websites monetised with Display Ads + Affiliate)
  • Keyword Research (pack of easily rankable keyword cluster for specific niches)
  • SEO Content (value-packed for searchers, seo-perfect for search engines)
  • Guest Post Links (from Organic Traffic Sites Only)
  • Website Design Customization (Wordpress only + Speed Optimization)

Verticals:
  • Kitchen (built and flipped a few sites)
  • Pet (currently scaling multiple content sites)
  • Plant (currently scaling multiple content sites)
  • Home Improvement (helping a client to grow)
  • Automotive (built and flipped a few sites, managing several client websites in this niche)

Notes:
I'm from Web Properties Ltd. a media company that manages a portfolio of digital assets that include eCom site, content websites, SaaS tool, and service websites. My job is mostly on the client facing side. I get on the phone with clients to know what problem they need to solve and if we can really help with our expertise or not. We have quite a big setup of 85+ employees in three countries and at four office locations.

We offer a free audit of any website done by one of our SEO Directors if requested. Our rates are competitive and always in favor of the client we want to work with.

Back