Build Site to Flip Later: Should I Create All New Accounts?

ew3

Degree
I plan on building a new site with the intent to eventually flip it. I've never sold a site before. Should I create all new individual accounts for everything to make transferring easier? Is this over kill? Any other tips or advice on things that make the process easier or smoother?

@ew3, yes. I would recommend creating an email account on the domain, like contact@, and then use that to create all new accounts wherever needed, like Analytics & Search Console, etc. Not necessarily Amazon or Ad Networks since all of that can be swapped in other ways that's simple.

I also create a spreadsheet with all of the login information, not only to the accounts above but for anything I sign up to to build links, like forums, for all the social media accounts, etc.

In this spreadsheet you might as well go ahead and set up a way to track the income and expenses monthly, graph everything, and so forth.

When it comes time to sell the site you'll be expected to hand over a ton of information to create a prospectus. This will make it a breeze. If you don't have all of this info it's going to look bad.

One more thing to consider is if you create any weird, non-standard way of doing things, go ahead and write an operating procedure and even film a video of you doing it, then tuck that away to hand over after the sale too.

All of this is a huge bonus. The easier you make the broker's life, the easier the sale. The easier you make the buyer's life, the easier the sale. Think of it like conversion rate optimization for the liquidation event.

You shouldn't have to create new accounts for GA and GSC properties if doing so makes it harder to manage all your sites. You can transfer ownership from your main account to the new owner pretty easily now (this used to not be possible).

Back