Bug at BeyondHosting

badya122

Boot Camp
Degree
Hey guys, I am really confused about what is happening and was hoping someone could help.

Pre-story
6 months ago I purchased 2 domains, one at name.com and another at namecheap.com. I then, found a coupon through Prosper202 for BeyondHosting, which gave a 50% discount on first month of hosting. I decided to try it first and then cancel before the payment would have to be renewed. After about 2 weeks in I cancel my subscription for hosting and waited another 2 weeks for the hosting to end and domain to redirect to one of those empty pages.

The Problem
Even today, if I type in the domain name in URL in browser, it still goes to Propser202 tracking I used 6 months ago. I checked the dashboard at BeyondHosting and it all says cancelled and no payments are due, but Prosper202 is still up and running. For the record, I wasn't charged for those 6 months for hosting service. I have the domain name server directing to Beyond Hosting, so that explains why it is showing the Prosper202 login page. But why isn't hosting stopped yet?

They are lazy or don't care? Something has probably broken on the way from billing department to server department.

Yeah, sounds like they are just lazy and haven't taken care of business on their end.

Back