Bots for beginners?

Degree
Context: @CCarter said that
Automation wins wars... the more customized you can get your bots the more creative you can be.

After years of manually grinding and wasting time I'm coming back to this. Written in 2015 but still golden.

The problem is that I still struggle to grasp practical applications of the concept when it comes to traffic leaking.

so my question for everyone is what are bot use cases that you have seen in the wild? How are you currently using bots? Where do bots work and where can they backfire? I'm particularly interested in botting across the metaverse, in neo forums like Discord, in-game (minecraft) and TikTok.

Coming from the opposite direction, every person that has succeeded with traffic leaks did it without bots. All the "blackhat" spammer type of people immediately went to the bot section and disregard most other lessons. I know when someone asks about bot first, they want a shortcut.

No one is going to tell you how they are generating millions of visits daily. If you can't see bots at work on Twitter and social media in the comments than you eyes aren't opened yet.

The only way bots work is if you already possess the skills to generate traffic from traffic leaks manually first. There is critical thinking and problem solving that is involved in traffic leaking different platforms.

It's NOT about spamming - at any level.

First develop the skills to control and manipulate an audience, then the skill to direct their thoughts and attention to your target, then you will be able to understand how to use bots effectively. Otherwise you'll just be a spammer making small pennies.

An analogy is you asking "how high can we jump in the air when we are on the moon? How do I train myself to jump higher?"

Well first, lets get to the moon, and before that let's build a rocket that can get off the ground and escape earth's gravity.

There are a lot of permutations and things you are missing in an attempt to take a shortcut to the end goal. You need to understand the basics first.

The first step would be to generate 100 visits from a traffic leak, manually. Then 1,000 visits, then 1,000 visits consistently for 10 in a row attempts, then get to 10,000 visits from a single leak. By then you would have seen where the bot army technique can help you.

You can't see it until your eyes have been opened first.

so my question for everyone is what are bot use cases that you have seen in the wild? How are you currently using bots? Where do bots work and where can they backfire?
They're everywhere. From spidering software to scraping software even to spam posting software.

In my own personal work probably a decade ago at least, I once had a bot coded that would log into my huge PBN and post the content for me, including featured images, other images, content formatting, interlinking, and outbound links. The time savings I got out of this can't be understated.

Most recently, I coded a script that would pull an article from my site, count, organize, and display all of the headers, title, images, alt texts, outbound links, etc. It has fail-checks to alert me when optimization is missing or done incorrectly and all that. This is because I have part and am increasing how much of the "formatting content, adding links, adding images" type of stuff being done for me by workers. Then I can use the bot to check the work in a matter of minutes instead of pulling up the actual URL and doing it manually.

I always have a hard time coming up with any bot/script/SaaS ideas that are generalizable to everyone in our or any other industry. But I come across problems in my own work that are perfect for botting. Anywhere you're doing something over and over again, or something takes a long time, that's the perfect signal to consider scripting things.

The first step would be to generate 100 visits from a traffic leak, manually. Then 1,000 visits, then 1,000 visits consistently for 10 in a row attempts, then get to 10,000 visits from a single leak. By then you would have seen where the bot army technique can help you.
Got it. Ill put this to work and be back in a year (half joking)

If you want a "framework", Python + Selenium (or requests if you don't need to run JS in the client) is a good start. Or any similar setup i.e. Node+Puppeteer. Depending on what you're familiar with.

If you want a more click and drag setup, Zennoposter is OK.

I wouldn't prematurely bot stuff ... I'd rather do it manually, and then fit in some bots where you see bottlenecks (reporting, scraping content, and then x up the manual work with your time where it matters).

Back