Blogs and or websites that are actually worth reading occasionally.

secretagentdad

Keyword Shitter is better than your keyword tool
BuSo Pro
Degree
Anyone know of any business / tech blogs better than no mercy no malice and tech dirt?

Looking for some less cagey takes on things.

I don't read blogs anymore honestly. I was probably one of the last people to prefer reading to listening, but I've surrendered to video and sound now.

For youtube, the only tech / biz channel I follow is Rob Moore, which is a mishmash of business, marketing and celebrity interviews. He has people live David Icke, Jordan Peterson and Floyd Mayweather and on, but also all kinds of entrepreneurs and a lot of talk about branding, social media and property investment.

Do you follow any similar Youtube channels?

I still prefer reading to listening, my add is to bad to enjoy video content most of the time.
Tabbed browsing pretty much killed video for me.

Matt Levine seems kinda interesting.
Not interesting enough to want to pay Bloomberg to follow along though.

Last edited:
I still prefer reading to listening, my add is to bad to enjoy video content most of the time.

Subscribe to newsletter and you can read the whole thing free in your email.

Zero Hedge Has made me some coins and helped me dodge a few economic bullets. If you can get around all of the shilling and politics it's a dope read

Zero hedge comments used to be the best breaking news source on the internet. Even a few of the tylers used to be pretty with it.
Now the only readable stuff is the occasional caitlyn johnson rant or broken clock hedge funder with extra perspective.
Most of the smarter commentators I followed have moved on to greener pastures.
Also getting a little sick of the constant log files are money, take the bribe and join our stupid honey pot shit.
You can't really escape that anywhere though.

@secretagentdad when I was younger and dumber I though I had stumbled upon "the truth" when reading these alt-media takes.

Particularly when they were often right about politics, economics, cultural change.

I realise now they're definitely worth listening to, as one part of the discussion, but they're also feeding on fear and paranoia. That's what drags people to these sites.

It's a shame actually, because the people running these sites are often very, very smart. Magnitudes smarter than most people in mainstream media, but they're also unchecked, no one to offer the opposite argument.

And being who they are, contrarians and paranoids, writing for other contrarians and paranoids, if you keep reading it, you often also end up contrarian and paranoid.

It's such a catch-22, because the people who need to read this, the corporate types, they don't because they're conformists, and the ones reading those sites, need to become more corporate types and learn to conform.

The only you thing you will get reading it now is hyperbolic nonsense takes. What’s not being posted has become a deafening silence of its own.

Levine has a remarkable knack of being informative and timely and enjoyable. The only current must-read column i can think of.

The good news is you don't need to buy a Bloomberg subscription, just sign up using email.

Anyone here read the Solari Report?
www.solari.com
Was introduced to it by someone I trust, but a quick glance at the site made me wonder. Many stories contain "insider" information that is difficult to verify without being an expert.

Seemed to be the kinds of topics I see discussed here in the water cooler so I thought I'd ask if anyone has input on it.

Back