Blog commenting in 2014?

Degree
Is it still worth it to leave blog comments? Has anyone does a good test? I'm not really talking about comments for traffic but instead for seo.

Will a few dozen or eventually 100 nofollow wordpress comments.. I mean good ones done by hand on big sites... will they help at all? Will a nofollow link help to bring down my anchor ratio ... do nofollow links even count for anchor ratios? Because I was thinking that if I had a bunch of comments I could be more aggressive with the anchor ratios on my harder-to-get links and it would all balance out.

I've read both sides of this argument but nobody is like "Here's what I did, here's what worked." without a lot of other variables so it's hard to tell if its worth doing or not.

Yes, I believe no-follows count in the anchor ratio game.

Blog commenting is going to help in combination with the rest of your efforts. I think it's important to either use the brand name or a real name as the anchor in the comment and not run around trying to slip links into the actual comments. Treat it just like it's supposed to work and it should be safe. Relevant comments on relevant posts with a name as the anchor.

Treat them as normal commenting, like real people do and it will work, as traffic leak mainly and as diversity anchors...

Pro Tip 1: You can set up Google Alerts for blogs and only get the newest posts out there, increasing your chance to have the first comment and to have it approved and indexed.

Pro Tip 2: Once you start finding sites that are active and approving your comments and that send traffic, add them to an RSS Feed Reader and start hitting up ALL of their posts. Your list will grow over time and you'll get quality, relevant links and traffic.

So basically it sounds like I should try to comment in high profile places ... Like if some famous blogger puts up a new post, I should try to get the top comment there. I might or might not get any seo benefits but at least it will help bring down my anchor ratio. Cool thanks team!

There is still an seo benefit. Look at enough sites in the serps and you will see a trend of them helping.
But with that said, I don't go out of my way to do them for seo since there are better uses of time (but yes for traffic)

Back