Blockchain Smart Contracts

Degree
I work for offshore clients, typically they would pay monthly but I want them paying daily.
I can send a daily report of activity and want to be paid based on the data in the report.
I would like to buy or build a blockchain smart contract to facilitate this. Anybody seen this done before?

Seen daily payments before?
Nope, I have never seen that before - that just seems like a lot of unnecessary bookkeeping (sure it can be automated).

May I ask why you want to get paid daily?
I am not sure exactly what you are working with, however, my clients would surely just find someone else if I started requiring daily payments.

No to "blockchain smart contract" as well.

Dear Robin,
1/ In any business relationship you run the risk of the client not paying.
2/ If you are being paid as you go you have more confidence in the client and can put more resources to the project.
3/ Daily or regular short term (as opposed to 45 days or more) payments help cashflow allowing you to grow faster.
4/ Convenience to the client, one less bill to deal with.
5/ Maybe you can offer client lower prices (2%) for cash or instant payment.
6/ Smart contracts are already being used by the banks when your credit card automatically gets paid on the due date via your checking account.
Bottom line: wouldn't it be great if you never had to prepare and present a bill to a customer again?

As far as what you are asking for re: smart contract we've done daily autocharge/subscription setups that are similar with ethereum but what makes what you are proposing so much more complicated is that the amount is going to vary. Given the fact that the amount will vary I cannot see a way where anyone would want to just give you carte blanche and let you autocharge them whatever you say you are owed that day. Which means the client would have to manually interact with your payment each day. Which seems like a lot of hassle for your client.

My two cents: makes more sense to do a flat fee. And I also think you should consider making it weekly too. A weekly recurring, heck you could do that through an existing service like bitpay.

Back