Bing Won't Index Me, Said Site Doesn't Meet Their Standards

Degree
I got reply from Bing to be indexed. Does anyone know what to do to get inside Bing?

This is what i got from Bing support.

After review, it appears that your site: did not meet the standards set by Bing the last time it was crawled.

Bing constantly prioritizes the content to be indexed that will drive highest users satisfaction. Please follow Bing Webmaster Guidelines to better understand criteria for most valuable content.
I hope the resolution provided was able to fully address your issue.

I got reply from Bing to be indexed. Does anyone know what to do to get inside Bing?
Seems like they shared most everything in the link they sent you, but aside from that my understanding is that Bing has been well ahead of Google in terms of "we don't want to index everything that ever exists." They tell you that they want content to be validated as useful to users. They can't know what the user metrics are if they don't index it. They can guess based on the on-page factors, but the main way to validate a page to Bing, it seems, is to get backlinks that Bing will crawl eventually (not trash links).

Seems like they shared most everything in the link they sent you, but aside from that my understanding is that Bing has been well ahead of Google in terms of "we don't want to index everything that ever exists." They tell you that they want content to be validated as useful to users. They can't know what the user metrics are if they don't index it. They can guess based on the on-page factors, but the main way to validate a page to Bing, it seems, is to get backlinks that Bing will crawl eventually (not trash links).
I got quite Quality backlinks from 50+ DA / PA. I think problem is somehwere else and I'm not sure yet. Maybe code?

I got quite Quality backlinks from 50+ DA / PA. I think problem is somehwere else and I'm not sure yet. Maybe code?
I don't know, but I completely doubt it has anything to do with code. They told you with full clarity that: "After review, it appears that your site: did not meet the standards set by Bing the last time it was crawled." They're telling you that they reviewed it in some how and you're not up to their standards, and then they linked you to their standards. That's where I'd start. I'd evaluate what they linked you to and compare it to your site without making assumptions that your site does meet the standards and there must be something else wrong.

That's what you have full control over. I'm really over the idea where most of us just assume "Hey, we don't know this Biggy guy, he's probably doing something stupid." That can be true a lot of times and a lot of times we also know that Google and Bing and all these tech companies get it completely wrong and you aren't doing anything wrong, too. I don't want to assume you have a low quality site build going on. But there's zero harm in pretending you do and then working through the guidelines they linked you to. Your site will come out better for it.

What it's making me wonder though, based on what they said and you said, is if you're not creating some kind of programmatic website that auto-generates pages (or you manually do it) by curating data and having pages built from the data. Those tend to have issues with search engines and affiliate programs based on quality, no matter how nice they are and how good the data is, because they're usually offering nothing new and are just middle-manning for money.

You'll have to tell us more about your project if you want better answers.

This is what i got from Bing support.
how long did it take them to reply. i am facing the same issue for 3-4 months and haven't heard back from them.

I have problems with bing also, submited my site there early april but they won't get my site indexed.
So you are not alone!

IMO if you are worried about Bing indexing there are bigger problems.

IMO if you are worried about Bing indexing there are bigger problems.
Of course they are. But if i can get few more % traffic from Bing. Why not?

What it's making me wonder though, based on what they said and you said, is if you're not creating some kind of programmatic website that auto-generates pages (or you manually do it) by curating data and having pages built from the data. Those tend to have issues with search engines and affiliate programs based on quality, no matter how nice they are and how good the data is, because they're usually offering nothing new and are just middle-manning for money.

You'll have to tell us more about your project if you want better answers.
No programmatic. I'll follow their guidelines and see where and how i can improve. This Bing is weird, it really is. So far I didn't figure how could I improve my site.

Back