Best way to invest and scale website?

TGZ

Degree
Hi BuSo,

I am one of the many internet marketers that holds down a day job as well as run an internet business. My affiliate marketing website I run is doing well and I am happy with the progress I am making.

My situation is that I have money to reinvest in my site and I don't know the best way to do this. I enjoy writing content in my vertical and I have no interest in hiring a writer atm.

I am going to have ~$500-1000 per month to invest in my site that I want to grow the site and my profits. Anyone have any advice on doing this?

Content investment is the fastest way to scale an SEO based business (I am assuming SEO based)

If you enjoy writing keep doing it for the main money articles but if you are serious about going to the next level you should get some writers on board.

I wrote content for a year myself until the site could pay for content investment. After this happened the site scaled hard. If I was still writing myself I imagine I would be a fraction of the scale I am at now.

Content investment is the fastest way to scale an SEO based business (I am assuming SEO based)

If you enjoy writing keep doing it for the main money articles but if you are serious about going to the next level you should get some writers on board.

I wrote content for a year myself until the site could pay for content investment. After this happened the site scaled hard. If I was still writing myself I imagine I would be a fraction of the scale I am at now.
I figured that was the best way to do it. I bought scrapebox and am going to signup for buzzstream for a couple of months ala @Steve Brownlie "Outreach better than (most) professionals" method to do my linkbuilding. That's not a major investment though.

Writers seem to be a really good idea, it's about levels. I know I can run a successful site myself but to get to the next level I should be outsourcing content creation.

Get your backlink game together :smile:

Get some news floating around linking to your inner pages and home page...

the way people perceive your site is definitely important.... 1st hand experiences in seeing results.

Same thing that works in real-life.. The "Diddy technique" . Make yourself look like the most talked about authority in your niche

You really have about 4 ways to spend money in SEO:
  • Content
  • Links
  • Audits
  • Development
You can also do mixtures of those, like... You could pay someone to gather data about your niche and then pay a developer to create fancy interactive graphs, tables, and charts, then pay a write to talk about how you gathered the data, how to interpret it, conclusions based on it, etc. Then you could pay a marketer to promote it and get a ton of eyeballs on it so it hits social media and gets you a ton of social signals and then bloggers and journalists see it and start sending links to your site.

That's a big picture example. Lot's of higher level tactics like that emerge naturally when you start thinking about "marketing" more than SEO.

Yep it's got to be content or development. I have been brainstorming mini tools I could get developed that could act as link magnets. E.g. if I was in the fitness vertical it could be a weight loss calculator or a workout tracker.

I agree with your idea of high level tactics and thinking more marketing than SEO, but even more so I am trying to think strategically and long-term. What can I do to make my website have a more unique flavor, or do something different that can make it so good they can't ignore it.

you said it is doing well.
find out why it is doing well.
Once you know that, spend on scaling what is working right for you unless you are at top in that niche.

Back