Best way to collaborate with vendors?

Michael

BuSo Pro
Degree
I want to run a giveaway this month with the sole purpose of increasing my social following. Just your basic "like our page" or "re-tweet this tweet" to be in the running for a free xxx.

How should I go about this while providing as much value as possible to the vendor? I want to look after them, hook them up and you know make it worth their while.

As a vendor giving away product for an external competition, what would you want in return?
I'm trying to understand what would be most valuable to them so I can create a pitch around that.

When I contact them, I basically want them to know they are going to get something very valuable out of this and how they are going to get it.

I just don't know what that is yet, OR how to deliver it.

Some Ideas

• Write a non-bias, honest review on the product. Have a CTA saying the guy's over at xxx.com have given us 10 xxx to giveaway. All you have to do is like our page.
    • They get referral traffic + brand awareness
  • Write a how-to or FAQ style guide on the product, and use the same strategy above

Any suggestions would be great!

Last edited:
I want to run a giveaway this month with the sole purpose of increasing my social following. Just your basic "like our page" or "re-tweet this tweet" to be in the running for a free xxx.

How should I go about this while providing as much value as possible to the vendor? I want to look after them, hook them up and you know make it worth their while.

As a vendor giving away product for an external competition, what would you want in return?
I'm trying to understand what would be most valuable to them so I can create a pitch around that.

When I contact them, I basically want them to know they are going to get something very valuable out of this and how they are going to get it.

I just don't know what that is yet, OR how to deliver it.

Some Ideas

• Write a non-bias, honest review on the product. Have a CTA saying the guy's over at xxx.com have given us 10 xxx to giveaway. All you have to do is like our page.
    • They get referral traffic + brand awareness
  • Write a how-to or FAQ style guide on the product, and use the same strategy above

Any suggestions would be great!

Hello.

As a vendor that sells our own product and service - here is what I would be looking for if working with an external company.

You may think the obvious answer would be to "get more sales" but I'm looking at the bigger picture. While I'll gladly take sales your contest brings, I'd like to attract (and sign up) more people like you (who have IM experience, an audience, influencers, etc). That is where the real growth comes from when the vendor can get more "brand ambassadors" promoting (and selling) their product.

I know this may not be an ideal situation for you (depending on several different circumstances) but that's what I would look for. I'd even consider paying for these type of referrals (or working out other arrangements) so if you're willing to do this, this would be something of definite value to any vendor.

If this doesn't work for you, then promote sales first then brand awareness second.

I'd also ask if I was going to get the contact information for people who entered your contest? Do I get their names, email, phone numbers, address, interests, etc so I can market to them myself?

Good luck.

BTW, shameless plug here but if you'd like to PM me more details, we can see if my product or service is a fit for you.

Back