Best way to build comment section; FB plug-in or WP

Degree
I'm building my first site and my niche audience is naturally inclined to want to comment, complain, discuss, argue, and hopefully enlighten and enrich the experience.

Because it seems like this is an obvious way to get emails, I'm wondering the best way to structure the comment sections below my posts.

For example, is having the user link their FB or some other account to comment on my site better or worse than having an "in-house" sign-up?

I think the priority should be easy and simple sign up so that people can engage immediately, with the second being the emails and demographics (would FB provide?).

I don't know if said priority is correct, or even particularly important. But since, like I said, my niche audience is a highly reactionary, needy, opinionated crowd, I wanted to hear any thoughts.

btw thanks so much to BS, I can't believe I've made it this far...

For example, is having the user link their FB or some other account to comment on my site better or worse than having an "in-house" sign-up?
3rd party cookies are coming to an end, so the hurdle between "log-in with Facebook" and "create a new account here" will become smaller.

But if your goal is to collect email addresses you don't have to make them sign up, though your list will be cleaner if you do. But you'll clean your list regardless. You can just have an email field where they have to enter their email address to comment. People that put fake ones there will put fake ones in the registration process either way. My point is, the quality of your sign-ups won't matter in the end after you filter out the people that don't want to give you a real email address.

So my opinion is to not make them sign up at all. Just let them comment by typing in a username and an email address, like normal.

And I don't know that you'd actually get their email address from the Facebook comments anyways. You could just drop a retargeting pixel on them and target them on Facebook ads, which is what you'd probably have to do anyways.

This is one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" scenarios. I'd just roll with the standard, built-in commenting methods. You get to keep the comments in your database too rather than giving Facebook control of your user-generated content.

Better try Disqus platform because it will filter all spam people to put their words.

3rd party cookies are coming to an end, so the hurdle between "log-in with Facebook" and "create a new account here" will become smaller.

But if your goal is to collect email addresses you don't have to make them sign up, though your list will be cleaner if you do. But you'll clean your list regardless. You can just have an email field where they have to enter their email address to comment. People that put fake ones there will put fake ones in the registration process either way. My point is, the quality of your sign-ups won't matter in the end after you filter out the people that don't want to give you a real email address.

So my opinion is to not make them sign up at all. Just let them comment by typing in a username and an email address, like normal.

And I don't know that you'd actually get their email address from the Facebook comments anyways. You could just drop a retargeting pixel on them and target them on Facebook ads, which is what you'd probably have to do anyways.

This is one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" scenarios. I'd just roll with the standard, built-in commenting methods. You get to keep the comments in your database too rather than giving Facebook control of your user-generated content.
The 3rd party cookie parade ending and built-in vetting of emails in WP makes a ton sense. I do have a long term strategy of building my own entire forumn and/or web 2.0 social network app, so I was thinking in longer terms than I ought to now.

One more question: since best on page community discussion concensus seems to be between wp stock or disquss -- as far as long-term strategy of ultimately getting them funneled into an on-site, stand alone forum/app.

It seems being able to to get those 1/x people who sign up on the WP blog with a real/active email would be the best way of accumulation. (For a counter example, focusing on Disqus in favor to ease of sign-up)?

Back