Best strategies for new campaign testing!

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey guys,

I'm slowly moving towards affiliate marketing and wanted to ask you what would be the best way to test new offers with campaigns.

Lets say that we have three unrelated offers X, Y and Z.

Would it be better to test 1 angle for X, 1 for Y and 1 for Z.
Or test 3 different angles for lets say Z.

I have limited budget per month, and I want to try to use it the best way possible when testing a new offer. I will be using Facebook as the main traffic source.

You want as much data as you can possibly get for your money. So, with that in mind, it would make sense a single angle for a single offer. I'd be willing to bet that your limited budget is even smaller than what you're imagining.... so stay super focused to get the most bang for your buck.

Find an offer you can verify is working on Facebook for other affiliates. A good/network AM will be honest about it a bad one will lie to get you to push whatever because they stupid and don't care about long term relationships.

Once you have an offer you *know* is working for other people just test until it's working for you. Because if they can do it so can you!

The biggest difficult with Facebook as an affiliate is simply not getting banned by Facebook. They've banned so many accounts over the years for ads they confirmed were compliant ahead of time and retroactively change their mind.

The problem with saying we have 3 unrelated offers is that we could just as easily say that for 5 or 10 offers too. But saying that we have a limited budget in conjunction with the rest means we should choose one offer. This isn't something I'm good at or something I've even done, but thinking through it from all that I read online is that the biggest cost is buying data upfront. And if you can't buy enough of it to make it useful, its useless.

If you didn't have a limited budget I'd say go after all of them.

I wouldn't even test three "angles." I'd come up with the most reasonable ad copy and image I could and I'd set up a campaign that targeted all of my demographic by interest, but I'd split that into age groups separated by 5 years. I'd find out first which age groups responded best. Once I had that, I'd keep the age groups and split test the interests and shed any that underperformed.

Then I'd split test the image, and then the ad title. Then I'd run it into the ground while trying an entirely second angle or second offer.

The biggest difficult with Facebook as an affiliate is simply not getting banned by Facebook. They've banned so many accounts over the years for ads they confirmed were compliant ahead of time and retroactively change their mind.

This.

Say you're running a legit offer and nothing shady about it. It dies after 1 year or so and you paused the campaign or killed it.

A year later you get a warning about cloaking or something and look into it. It's the campaign that did well for you but you killed it or left it on pause and the domain expired on you. You find out someone else picked up the domain and now it's some shady LP.

Guess who paid the price for that though?

Back