Best resources for SOPs

Degree
Do you guys have any recommendations for resources on creating SOPs for the content process?

The Authority Hacker guys have stuff on it in their course but just wondering if there are any other good YouTube channels or other resources?

@getRichOrBT, I understand desiring seeing basic formats for SOPs and getting ideas on how to structure them and what to include, how detailed to be, a general frame of reference, etc. I don't have any examples from the net I can share and I'm not willing to share my own, unfortunately.

But the case is that it doesn't really matter what someone else's looks like. You have to write your own to fit what you're doing in your own operations. If you take someone else's and apply them, what they're trying to produce and what you have in mind won't be in alignment. It has to come out of your own mind and workflow and be translated to the page.

I've seen a good number of SOPs, including a job I had altering them for a governmental job. Those were literally just checklists with short sentences: "Locate pressure control knob." "Turn pressure control knob to 50 p.s.i." On these, each had a short underline next to them where you had to initial them to confirm you took the step. It keeps you on track and keeps you from trying to work from memory, etc.

My own include paragraphs and video walkthroughs and then I have checklists in Trello for the workers to tick off the checkboxes to confirm they did the step and for accountability. It's kind of a mixture of SOP and training material that can be referred to quickly.

It can be butt ugly, it can be pretty, it can be verbose (though that's not conducive to not making mistakes or allowing for alternate interpretations), it can be short and succinct. If you've ever looked at all the ways people format resumes, it's very much like that. And usually, the less flashy and less wordy, the better.

All you're trying to do is document your steps and break them down to the fundamental level. I'll make up some examples here:

- Write the title in accordance with the training material, ensuring the keyword is as close to the beginning of the title as possible.
- Write in intro ranging from 50 to 100 words, including repeating the main conclusion and then a hook to keep the reader scrolling.
- Upload the edited image to an image block underneath the header.
- Add an alt text explaining the image and use one of the keyword variations.
- Add a caption below the image explaining the image. Do not copy the alt text, and don't use a keyword.

Those are random examples. You'll want them in order of the workflow from top to bottom, with as much detail as is needed to be clear and not more. Leave the extra for training materials.

There's no magic to it. There's no right or wrong in terms of how it looks or reads. The ultimate litmus test is if 10 different workers of different skill levels and intelligence levels can reproduce the exact same result. That's all that matters.

And you won't get it perfect at first. You'll accept feedback and clarify things as you go. You'll add and remove steps as your own methods evolve.

Back