Best places to buy used domains?

MetaData

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
I use godaddy auctions, justdropped, expireddomains.net... Anything else I should be keeping an eye on, or useful tools for the aforementioned? Meta needs to step up his domain game...

Namejet, Snapnames, Flippa, Sedo, Pool, Namecheap, forums...

The problem is, everyone is talking about this now so the gig is up. The domains are getting too expensive as newbs are flooding the market and driving up prices, making it so veterans are having a harder time scaling.

So the game has changed from buying nice domains to crawling the web and finding them and buying them at registration price. This is an intricate and time consuming process that requires a lot of resources and know-how, and it's getting tapped out as well. We'll be back to ground zero soon, which is building your own domains up from scratch, which isn't a bad thing at all.

It really depends if you want to play the domainer side where you value it based on the NAME, or the link-builder side where you value it for the links. Forums and Flippa and GoDaddy get a lot of nice names. I don't really know for the link-building aspect. I never got fully started in the domaining game. Seems to require a lot of float to hold inventory for possibly long periods of time.

You can always go through the SERPs in your niche and find the sites further back that are good but not being maintained and offer to buy them. Most people are far too attached to their sites to let go, or they want too much. But you can definitely win here and there.

You can always go through the SERPs in your niche and find the sites further back that are good but not being maintained and offer to buy them. Most people are far too attached to their sites to let go, or they want too much. But you can definitely win here and there.

Good idea, do you make an offer right away or do you ask them for a price?

I well make an offer then and there. Most come back and say "no, this is my baby, I could never part ways with it." Some say "Your price is about 100x too low because this is my baby." These are even the people who haven't touched the site in 3 years or more. Sometimes you'll get a bite and start negotiating and then they stop responding. The success rate is very low because it's really just like cold calling someone.

Back