Best Paid Platform / Campaign Type for More Youtube Subscribers

Degree
I am trying to work out the best paid platform to promote my YT channel and get subs.

I have made some 1 min video clips just for this purpose.

I ran a campaign on YT and the costs were astronomical (as has been my experience with YT in other ventures). Plus they didn't even have a specific campaign type to get subs - wtf!?

I'm now on FB ads, and getting good, cheap play throughs, but no subs. I have gone for the "video views" objective. The URL is my channel with that auto subscribe trigger (?sub_confirmation=1).

Does anyone have any specific settings/campaign types to get YT subs? I am going to try Twitter next.

Last edited:
In my very limited experience with this, I think Youtube's own advertising platform is the best, despite the problems you're describing. The users are already on Youtube and in the Youtube state of mind. I'd think they're more likely to subscribe while already on the platform.

The most influential factors are going to be the quality of the video, exposure of the video, and choosing the right demographics/interests. At that point it's just a numbers game. It would be nice if Youtube had some behavioral metrics they tracked on users to see who was most likely to subscribe or not, but alas.

The problem I had, same as you, is that if you want cheaper ad views so you can scale higher you end up doing generalized targeting and including geographical locations that don't end up valuable in terms of advertising revenue.

But what you get from that are metrics that can then drive your video up the organic rankings to get continual exposure and subscriptions from more valuable users.

That's how it panned out for me: cheap advertising to less valuable users in bulk numbers which leads to surfacing in the organic results easier and faster, which leads to continual exposure and subscribers over time from more valuable users.

U can use the shit head method.

Buy or build relevant domains for brand traffic and 301.

Works surprisingly good.

Just don’t trust traffic stats in drop catcher tools and markets. look into the backlink profile and make sure there are real links that drive clicks that make sense.

I ran a campaign on YT and the costs were astronomical (as has been my experience with YT in other ventures).
Were the costs high based on the cost per. view (CPV) or per. subscriber gained? I'm sure you know this, but niche, geography, etc. all determine how much each view (or action if you're running a CPA campaign) will cost. With this said, I have ran ads in the commercial real estate industry targeting USA users and I've never needed to pay over $0.20 per. view (most views end up costing $0.06 each surprisingly).

Plus they didn't even have a specific campaign type to get subs - wtf!?
Yeah- most people tend to use In-Stream ads for this (the ones that play before videos) BUT funnily enough, I've had more luck on some campaigns running Discovery ads because the viewing process is more natural (viewer discovers promoted video in search results, clicks, watches, subscribes). The best thing to do is to test both out at the same time using the same targeting (as with most paid ad campaigns).

The URL is my channel with that auto subscribe trigger (?sub_confirmation=1).
I was going to bring this up- use the "?sub_confirmation=1" version of your channel URL when linking to your channel during an In-Stream ads campaign.

Newby here, I hear about cost-per-view... I thought you tube vids were free?
Are you speaking of cost of production per view? Thanks

Newby here, I hear about cost-per-view... I thought you tube vids were free?
Are you speaking of cost of production per view? Thanks
They are free to publish and can be discovered organically, but there is a paid advertising option as well that allows you to pay for exposure, essentially.

They are free to publish and can be discovered organically, but there is a paid advertising option as well that allows you to pay for exposure, essentially.
ahh.... ok i get it now. How accurate is their Targeting Marketing ?--- Can they find the correct audience or is it Random Viewers?

ahh.... ok i get it now. How accurate is their Targeting Marketing ?--- Can they find the correct audience or is it Random Viewers?
You can target based on audiences, keywords, etc. So, it can be accurate depending on how good you are at targeting users.

Back