Best office chairs non-herman miller...

contract

We're all gunna mine it brah.
Degree
I can't do anything plastic or mesh ever again.

Must be leather (real leather, not that flake off 2 years later faux leather) and metal/steel/aluminum/chrome plated, etc construction.

Budget is $1.5K. Preferably $1K or less. Looking for something modern, not executive like.

REALLY want a office chair that's like 7ft tall (high back), something evil as fuck looking lol. :D

The best chair I've ever had is made by Global, I'd definitely recommend giving them a look. I think most of their better chairs fall into your price range, give or take.

Mine is just cloth, but it's taken about 5 years of abuse and is barely showing any signs of wear yet. A few little things, I could probabally take it in and get it back to like-new for a hundred or two. The construction itself is metal, heavy, and the frame will last forever.

This one might not quite be evil enough..

You can customize most of their chairs in a lot of different ways, including the grade of the materials.

Or maybe you want to treat yourself to the Concorde® Presidential lol

Found something better @contract :

1K7Rn1c.jpg

I don't really have a problem with mesh, but my Herman Miller Embody has got some crazy stains on the seat now (my fault for eating at the desk and smoking in the seat, etc.) As far as the body support they offer, I like it, but I don't think anyone can dodge staining them, and having a dark color like black doesn't really act as a safeguard.

wq5hwOO.jpg

I think I spent around $2,200 on an Embody with all the bells and whistles. I'm using it right now and have been using it for probably 5 years. I don't think I'll do that next time. There are cheaper companies at even half the price or more with the same quality.

What I'd really like is a high back chair, which the Embody is, but I'd like a sturdy and high head rest too.

I'm thinking, is a more expensive chair really that much better than a standard ergonomic one? Add a pillow under you or in the neck area and it works?

I'm thinking, is a more expensive chair really that much better than a standard ergonomic one? Add a pillow under you or in the neck area and it works?

Well lets do the math... Well first who the hell is going to sit everyday on a pillow?

But let's do the math. I code about 10-18 hours a day, and can go 7 days a week stretches for months when it's crunch-time. But let's looks at an average online business owner making money - they probably are doing 10 hours a day, 5 days a week sitting in front of a computer. Even an average employee is doing 6-10 hours a day sitting down, so that's easily 50 hours a week sitting down in a chair. At 8 hours times 5 days a week for 52 weeks you are looking at 2080 hours of sitting down a year. I'm doing about 108 hours a week sitting down (5616+ hours a year).

Really think about those numbers, then look at the price. Even at the employee level of 8 hours, you are doing less than $0.50 per hours firs the first year. Are you really telling me that people are working 40+ hours a week and can't make up the $0.50 per hours in generated income for sitting comfortably? Seriously? Might as well get a construction job. After you cover the cost for the first year that higher-end chair has 5-10 years it can go without having to be replace. Even if you were replacing it every 2 years - simply not having back pain that debilitates you is worth it.

All this sitting impacts my back, my neck, my legs -really whole body. I remember getting a $50 chair from Target, sat in it for a year, and my posture was all screwed up to the point I could only sit for a couple hours at a time. So I said fuck that and got a Herman Miller Embody - literally exact color @Ryuzaki posted - all bells and whistles came out to $1400. I'm still sitting in the same chair 3 years later - comfortable with zero back pain or posture problems (my pelvis loves and thanks me for the weight balancing it does - you'd be surprised cause it feels like sitting on air when you first sit down).

If I'm doing 100+ hours a week sitting down- $1400 is a cheap price compared to potential injuries, pain and discomfort from trying to mess around with a damn pillow or some cheap $50-100 chair. 100 a week = 5200 hours a year for me - sitting down at $1400 that's comfort costs me about $0.26 an hour - If I can't make $0.26 in an hour of me sitting down in front of the computer - sweet jebus I might as well give up and start selling guru courses. I can assure you it more than pays for itself after the first year simply in less pain and more productivity.

$1400 seems like a small price to pay for not having back problems, posture problems, and injuries that could result in you going constantly to the doctors office (I haven't even touched on the potential doctor bills). That $100 chair with a pillow will end up creating longer term detrimental problems for people who's livelihood depends on sitting in front of a computer. It's also why I don't buy cheap monitors, or cheap computers cause in the end being cheap will cost you a lot more in the long run.

It's the same for buying a mattress, if you sleep an average of 8 hours that's 56 hours you are in your bed, doesn't your body deserve not to be in pain and that added productivity make up for the costs?

It's like the 2 workers that buy boots. The cheap guy goes and buys $10 boots every 3 months. The quality guy goes and buys the $100 boots that last 5 years. The cheap guy's feet end up being always in pain, fungus, or end-up fucking up his stance/posture which end up causing him health problems or worst yet, he gets into an accident since the boots fell apart on him at the wrong time. Being cheap costs the cheap guy in the long run more than the $10 every 3 months.

At a certain point in your life what are you working for if you can't be comfortable doing the work?

The question is how much is your health, comfort, and future body and self worth? $1400 for a chair that will be sat on for 2,080 to 5,200 hours a year seems cheap compared to long-term impacts of bad posture, back injuries, doctor bills, lost productivity & opportunities, and more.

lol that's nuts.

I ended up doing with this one:

https://www.lauradavidsondirect.com/products/soho-premier-ribbed-management-chair-dark-brown

soho-eames-premier-replica-ribbed-dark-brown.jpg

- Eames replica, never going out of style.
- Real leather, with heat embossed ribbing. Going to prob last forever.
- Removable arm rests.
- Went with their premier model which has all metal instead of plastic parts.
~$300 with a coupon. 30 day free returns they pay for shipping.

I've sat in a hard wood bar stool for the past 3 years or so so this will be just fine for comfort lol. The other Eames replica has the padded back and seat but it gets hot as hell after a few hours. I'm assuming this one won't get hold since there's no thick padding "insulation".

Back