Best method to supercharge your Google Maps - has anyone tested these?

Most Effective Type of Map To Embed?

• Business Geo-coordinates map

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neighbourhoods Delivery Route Loop map

• Neighbourhoods Destinations Spider map

• Business + Competitors' locations on map

• Popular Geo-relevant locations map

• Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Degree
I've seen various Pros (people that know a lot more than me, or at least have read a book on marketing :wink: ) espouse using different types of map embeds on their web properties to boost Google ranking. To some extent this can depend on the purpose of the site (eg. whether it promotes an affiliate ppc network site/offer, or local lead gen, or a specific local client, or perhaps many other types).

I'd like to know if certain map types have been tested as more effective than others.
And what the best map types are for any specific promotion purpose.

The types so far have included:
1) maps with the business' geo-coordinates.
2) route maps starting at the business location and running in a loop to various adjacent locals/neighbourhoods.
3) spider maps with up to 8 routes each starting at the business location and ending at 8 different locals.
4) maps with markers for the business location and a number of its key local / regional competitors.
5) maps with markers for popular interesting things to do in that local area (improve general geo-relevance?)

Insights?
-Arbivar

Until recently* I've only ever used Google Maps that I have coded myself, so they have the features that I specifically wish for that use.

(*An affiliate partner recently started producing embeddable maps which were easier for me to use than code my own in certain cases.)

In either case, in my experience the use of Google Maps on the page has a very indirect influence on ranking (dwell time?), if any at all.

Back