Best Free WordPress Membership Plugin

Degree
My client wants a login on his wp site for distributors of the product to have access to extra pages of information (installation/costings etc). What's the best way to achieve this, maybe a plugin? Would also like the hidden pages to have an extra menu on the pages for all the hidden stuff. Thanks

Thanks but he wants it on the frontend not the back. So when they click 'login' on the page they fill in their login details and are then directed to a slightly different version of the site with new pages added.

Thanks but he wants it on the frontend not the back. So when they click 'login' on the page they fill in their login details and are then directed to a slightly different version of the site with new pages added.

There is Simple Membership which I used in the past for this scenario. It got the job done. However I feel obliged to state that WordPress is a blogging software and really should not be used as a login system for non-blog writers/editors. Cause one exploit of some other plugin and a "user" can be switched to "admin" or even a ghost admin and no one would know.

At the very beginning of SW we considered using Amember which allows cross integration of systems into WordPress, XenForo, and 3rd party customer databases, but we ended up not using it cause we honestly didn't need it to manage our user database. But it's worth looking into since it does the logic for the membership (taking payments) for you and then send the user's information to WordPress where you can create your members area.

Thanks, Simple membership looks like just the ticket and having installed it already it works well. It's for a very simple task of allowing distributors to view extra pages so it doesn't need anything else. Cheers!

Back