Best Business Credit Card?

Degree
I'm using the Bank of America Business Travel Rewards card at the moment. I do a lot of media spend -- and through this card I basically stay at all kinds of hotels for free based on the spend that is running through it.

Spending points instead of dollars on travel is great and I love the perk, but I'm not sure if I'm using the best option.

Is there a clear winner for guys in our biz especially if you have advertising expenses that reach like $50k+ per month?

If you are talking new and signup bonus, you can shop around and get great bonus from Chase on Ink and Sapphire cards. Same with American Express and a few others.

If you mean, after sign up bonus.. I will tell you this, I have just about every rewards card and I keep going back to Capital One Venture.

2x point on ANYTHING I buy. Most others will give you 3 or 4, but in select certain categories and it will change every month or every year.

But Barclays and Venture is 2x on anything, no matter what.

I tend to stick to Venture because I can earn points and then book flights/hotels/cars with the points. On the Barclays Arrival you have to buy the hotel/flight first and then use the rewards to reimburse yourself. You still get it for free, but I like just using the miles upfront.

It largely depends on what you are looking for and what airlines or hotels you prefer ( if any ).

I will tell you the the Chase system ( Ink and Sapphire ) is the most flexible to use and Starwoods ( Amex ) are some of the most valued. At the end of the day though, I dont always get 2x on Chase or Amex ( depends on purchase ) so I rather use my Venture or Barclays, get the 2x points, and then book whatever I want ( can still book elite hotels and fly any program ) through the reimbursement on Barclays or book via Venture on their website.

The Barclays will also get me miles when I cash out my miles too. Nice perk.

For me, its down to ( everyday use ) the Capitol One Venture or Barclays Arrival. You might want something different or want signup bonus instead.

Lots to think about really, but figure out what you want the most.

You'll want to keep up on this too.

I use to favor Chase a lot. Back in the day I was getting like 4x for every $1 on advertising. Online advertising counted for this and I basically max'd out at a million points in my Chase account. I promptly went and opened 4 new Chase accounts and proceeded to max those out too at 1MM points each.

Chase ended that though and I got a letter saying I could no longer "abuse" their system right when they let go that 4x points benefit.

I had fun spending that 5MM points though ( i got a lot of gift cards myself then ). If you have a little time each quarter, I'd check other offers and see what's new in the rewards game. Sometimes you can find a nice gem and really get a ton of points quickly.

Back