Awesome up sell page found in the wild (share yours here too)

Degree
Now THIS is how you up sell during your checkout process.

oOP8CK7.png

The image of the truck triggers the user's imagination and inspires thoughts about everything that could go wrong. Showing the prices for repairs creates high anchor points for price comparison. Having the insurance price in a smaller font than the large, bold repair prices is another subtle psychological trick to make the $42 seem even cheaper.

Naming the insurance "Safemove" also creates the subtle sense that opting out is taking a large risk (especially with copy like "immediately reimburse" and "up to $45,000" making the risk seem bigger). They make "Safemove" the default selection too so instead of selling you on selecting it, they're persuading you NOT to decline it.

I recognized exactly what they were doing and I still purchased it. Such a great example of a well designed up sell.

Any other psychological or CRO tricks that I missed in this example? Have you screencapped any other solid examples in the wild that you can share here? After coming across this I kinda wanna create a collection now...

You touched on it some, but I think the way you touched on it is missing the label.

Anchoring.

While not typical in the way it is used, the fact they mentioned the truck is$45k and the benefits ( if you choose it ) is up to $80k.

Also the fact it's $42 and then they labeled each part as much more expensive, that's basically anchoring.

Back