Automatically change all Amazon affiliates ID links

Degree
A few months ago I joined Amazon affiliates for another website, but I've used the same account for my new project. The problem is that as I didn't sell anything, they cancelled the account. Today I decided to join again, but my affiliate ID is different, so every link has to be changed.

Is there any quick way of changing all my affiliate links? Maybe with a plugin or something like that. Or maybe editing the database (I don't have experience doing it, but I manage my VPS so I could try if It's the only option)

Depends on:

- If you are using Amazon short links or the full url
- If you are using a plug-in to redirect to these links for example: domain.com/amazon/product or you have just inserted the Amazon url in the articles

Depends on:

- If you are using Amazon short links or the full url
- If you are using a plug-in to redirect to these links for example: domain.com/amazon/product or you have just inserted the Amazon url in the articles
I've been using the short links and just inserted the url on buttons.

Do you know a good plug-in to redirect to Amazon? In case I have to change it in the future or if I decide to sell the website.
I guess I would need to manually change all the current links right? Thankfully I don't have that many money articles yet so it shouldn't take me too long if It's the case.

I've been using the short links and just inserted the url on buttons.

Do you know a good plug-in to redirect to Amazon? In case I have to change it in the future or if I decide to sell the website.
I guess I would need to manually change all the current links right? Thankfully I don't have that many money articles yet so it shouldn't take me too long if It's the case.
Yeah then the easiest way would be to just do it manually.

You could use AAWP to manage your affiliate links since it has a feature to just change out your tag etc.

On one project, where the availability of products goes up and down frequently and I have to switch to a different vendor for the same project, I use my own redirection system. On a new project where I don't intend on linking to anything more than once, I don't bother.

But in both cases I use the long-form link, simply because it exposes the affiliate ID. And when this is the case, you can quickly do a MySQL search and replace to swap ID's or do the same in a text file, etc. Being able to switch in 10 seconds beats it taking hours or days or weeks because we chose to use the short links instead.

Back