ATTN: Official State of BuSo Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, thanks a lot for the kind words @The Engineer and it's been a great experience seeing this place grow and doing it on our own terms. BuSo is in great hands and I know the admin are going to stay true to the vision. There's a solid team here and they really, really care about this place. Congrats on the mod nod @CCarter.

Secondly, I'm really disappointed in some of the responses here. A few of you are acting like you haven't gotten a lot of value from this place and that the entire community collectively hasn't busted our asses to help every single person who has asked for it (Maybe a couple have slipped through the cracks? I know there was some tough love in there too at times, I'm guilty of it, but that's not always a bad thing...). I know we've all put in a lot of time helping people out in public, via PM, via Skype in some cases apparently (Not just staff and admins, I'm talking about the entire community here)... If you have a problem, you should PM a mod (You know they're always around to help) instead of posting vague messages and soiling the big announcements with negative attitudes.

If you're mad because one of the messages is a bit cryptic and you're feeling left out, just chill - they're obviously having some fun with it - you can see the timer, and you'll have a better idea what's up before it hits 0. I think if anyone is rustled by that, it's because they're jumping to conclusions in their mind. It's something good, don't worry. If BuSo hasn't earned your benefit of the doubt yet, you should honestly just leave because it'll be better without you imo.

All this drama needs to be dialed back to zero and not tolerated (by the admins, by the rest of us.) This is a business community, it's not a punching bag for when you've had a bad day. Some of you really need to speak up about what's bothering you so that the admin can do something about it, not just posting cryptic messages like a teenager on FB.

As for me... Going to lay low for a few minutes and tie up some loose ends, then I'll be back with a Laboratory thread that will melt faces to chronicle my next adventure.

What If the hieroglyphs is actually access to the bootcamp and the counter is how much time we have left to decipher it? The people which can decipher it are the ones that get in?
I actually thought that. I'm confident it's just a bit of fun and maybe there is a secret message, but it'll be humurous.

Note that in the image "time waits for no man" the upper right and lower left there are strings of characters that are included in the actual text. There are obviously also colored strings. At first I thought maybe it was a link to a youtube video, but no luck finding it yet. I've got some time to mess around and LOVE LOVE puzzles like this so I'll see what I can find.

Maybe the capitals are an anagram but no luck. Also considered that the numbers could correspond to letters in each phrase, nope.

Most notably, JTBZvnyU Mphs, is repeated twice.
Nq7Mqnw is repeated thrice.

Before anyone comments on this, I honestly don't care if theres a message or not, I'm a bit of a cryptography fan and the fun is in finding out you've been doing it all for nothing.

@CCarter @The Engineer @Ryuzaki

Edit: There's actually a huge amount of repetition, strings have been broken up however so it's not so obvious.

I'm quite surprised this is turning negative, I thought it was just a bit of fun trolling lol.

Im happy with buso, cant complain, favorite place on the inet and looking forward to things to come

Hmmm...

As for the "why are things being discussed / criticized?" question.

I think this is what we do in Western societies.
Through open and - hopefuly - civilized discourse, we arrive at better solutions.
This does not stop in front of authority figures - and that is a good thing.

Add the fact that this being a forum - seems discussions are what we are here for.

graf.gif

So I think that a juidicial system (heh) should be transparent and consistent. I voiced my concern and that's that.

I have no sympathy for the replies along the lines of "this is turning into a shit show" or similar,

This place is a good place to converse with like minded individuals and a good resource.

Let's keep it that way.

::emp::
PS: Yes, that also means voicing disagreements and being a pain at times - civil discourse, remember?

I've to agree with @built, I really don't get why anyone would be negative? @Calamari you are "The voice of reason" as @MetaData stated it in some other thread. Why would you see this turning into a shit show?

It is extremely obvious, that noone is gonna be left out, @Ryuzaki has stated that somewhere ( I don't remember where), admins are just trolling a little and having fun.

I haven't seen that it is forbidden for users to do the same. It's just for building the hype around the thing that is coming after the counter reaches 0.

I do believe, that members here are respectable enough to not fuck around like some teenage Jocks and make fun of people who "will not get into the bootcamp". Everyone will probably have access since it has gone this public.

As far as I understand this place was made to exchange information and help each other out and I do not believe that anything has changed. So calm ur tits and wait for the 14th december to see the big reveal.

**EDIT**

For @MetaData

If Admins are trolling, I don't see why users couldn't do the same? Like posting some ciphered messages. It's just business people having some fun. I don't get whats wrong with that.

Can't you make money and laugh your ass off while doing it? I don't see a reason why not, if you can combine both things.

This is where you get to leave your baggage and negative feelings at the door and engage in professional conversation about business.

This meta-conversation about politics and how this forum is operated is not considered on-topic and is not going to be tolerated beyond this point.​

This is what destroys every community. It's always blamed on the administration or someone else, but the true destruction comes from the small minority that's full of hatred that chooses to be the vocal majority. Some people are habitually negative without provocation, and misery loves company.

If you have a problem, present it to a moderator in a private conversation. Do not detract from the forum, do not poison the atmosphere (which is in the rules).​

This is the last word that will be said about it. This is the kind of nonsense that causes people to not want to join us and share in knowledge and success. If you're contributing to off-topic negativity, please log out and don't return. If you choose to proceed, I'll show you the door.

This especially going out to two individuals in particular who know who they are who have been spoken to more than a handful of times already. Do not breed negativity about the forum on the forum. Please stay on-topic.

Of course, feedback is encouraged through the proper channels, but there's no place for toxic negativity on the front-facing forum. Like @MetaData said, this forum isn't your punching bag and that behavior should not be tolerated by any of us. And this applies to everyone, from members to moderators to administrators.

I think some of you are taking this way too seriously. It just looks like the mods are having a bit of fun with building excitement/interest for whatever content they have coming to BuSo. I don't think there is a secret message in the text, they just styled it like the information was encrypted. Gave me a good laugh anyway.

encryption2_550x310.png

Lol I hope someone doesn't waste hours trying to decode the post when they could spend that time better elsewhere.
Personally, I'm looking forward to see what rolls out. I'm sure it'll be well worth it and probably something we'll all want to take part in.
But thanks to everyone here at BuSo, this place already over-delivers...

As an admin on another forum that regularly gets inundated with whiners, I'll state this from experience:

It's easy to whine. That's why losers like it. It requires more effort to take it upon one's self to turn all that negative bullshit off, and instead be part of the solution. Evolve, or become irrelevant and get out of the way. People always want everything handed to them. Significant achievement requires significant sacrifice.

I have to say, with the several hundred forums I've participated in, BuSo is, by far, one of the most inspirational I've been fortunate to have participated on. BuSo may not yet be huge (and that may be a good thing from the riff raff standpoint), but it has attracted such significant talent already, that I just generally feel a boost of positivity when browsing the site. We're all gonna make it brahs (except for you whiners). I'm guessing the clock at the top is counting down to the next evolution.

Every other forum is shit compared to BuSo. BuSo is pretty much the only place where you can actually trust the advice

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
Proc-Type: 4,ENCRYPTED
DEK-Info: AES-128-CBC,IOQEWIOQWEIOQIOWIOEW

I feel dumb here and can learn a lot too.

I don't know who owns this place and honestly don't care either.

So keep the knowledge spreading. Thanks.

-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

Can you please give an option to remove the timer from view? I could at least remove the green notice.

Some of you really need to speak up about what's bothering you so that the admin can do something about it, not just posting cryptic messages like a teenager on FB.

I never imagined that my post could be perceived as negative. I see it like a fun part of the thread, just like in the OP there was similar part. Just to be clear I will add that, I have nothing against the changes..

As for the people who doesn't like the new stuff, I think that's fine. There is no way all the folks to be on the blue team, someone got to be on the red side, because otherwise this community will look/become like a sect.

I was racking my head trying to think where I have seen this countdown before. Found it!

@MeEatBrains Haha I had to re-read your post. I totally understand why you thought I was referring to you, because I literally said "cryptic messages", but I wasn't talking about your comment or any of the comments from people who were having some fun with the announcement. You're getting into the spirit of things, that's great and definitely not discouraged at all. My bad, I should have definitely been more clear about that since several people have alluded to it.

I've received some PMs, for the most part I think misunderstandings have been sorted out.

At the end of the day everyone feels a sense of ownership for the community that we all have helped create here, so feeling protective of this place it is going to come with the territory. It's when people don't give a shit that you really have to worry.

What If the hieroglyphs is actually access to the bootcamp and the counter is how much time we have left to decipher it? The people which can decipher it are the ones that get in?
I'm also thinking that could be true...

I'm not negative at all about the first update or any other update, just saying. But when I see encrypted message that is probably important (obviously encryption makes it even more important :evil: ), then I'm loosing control over my mind - It's VERY hard not to try and decipher it. So I have already some assumptions regarding cipher, and if there are also some hints in the rest of the content I must say it's a well planned and cool game :smile: (or I'm totally lost...)

From my 37 years on earth, I have learned that when people are mad or whine, they typically whine and are mad about a whole other subject or "thing" to begin with instead of what they say they are mad about.

When my wife is mad at me about not fixing the leaking sink, it's generally not what she is really mad about, it just projects this way. I feel the same is true about the "complainers" and "whiners" on this post/forum.

My thoughts have always been, when I'm making shit loads of cash... nothing bothers me and I for sure don't visit forums and make a bunch of whiny/loser posts about random shit. I got cash to bank and hustle to get on...

When the shit hits the fan and I ain't doing so well with cash... I get a bit cranky like a baby with a dirty diaper and start having tantrums over everything and I have a lot of time to bullshit around.

When I see complainers on a IM forum, I tend to think maybe they need to hustle a bit more and get their mind off of what drama is going down atm. Maybe even go for a walk/run or get a girlfriend.

Just food for thought. I don't care if you agree or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back