Administrator
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
ATTN:
Official State of BuSo Address

=====
- Six Announcements -​

The waters have been pretty calm lately...

dL3n6yr.jpg

There's not been much of turbulence in the air... and yet some of you have sensed changes on the horizon.

When operations are going smooth and steady for too long you have to wonder what's lurking under the surface, biding it's time.

OfXDPRW.jpg

The Builders know, things don't stay quiet at BuSo for too long. You may not feel the undercurrent, but you know it's there, swirling and drawing in the resources needed before it makes its presence known.

We don't stagnate. We take our mission statement seriously:

Mission Statement:
Builder Society (or BuSo) is a forum for discussing digital strategy and online marketing that focuses on bringing together ambitious self-starters to network, to share strategies, and to inspire.
Our goal is to attract like-minded entrepreneurs and business-folk so we can all continue to grow together. If we're sitting on our hands, complacent and relaxed, then we aren't upholding our part of the bargain. And if you thought that was the case... shame on you. Builders are the hardest working people in the industry.

Granted, we haven't made an official State of BuSo address in a little while, so I'll cut the couple of you some slack. You couldn't have known about all of these amazing announcements building pressure, waiting to bust out onto the scene.

WNXoFcx.jpg

Let's get to it.

...​

1) 2Gzb4BFl SKNpA jbDY3AkB 3QQSA

T5s3g?!? dnwAgi?!? jnmKQ cmQxSDaO b0o7fvu5 ksFpk @CCarter saZC7D1e tsxFXw aZC7D1 JTBZvny UMphs 35ofQW mUx3Mc. @Ryuzaki Yz0O9Q Nou3j QHDhSO5qX3AH6! GOGIEHT

5p4v3ce hhKsrO mScm0R Nq7Mqnw oYOy 2k9sZ I6OH J7gq xVUl6S hrd​

2r4OmbH LcjXop yQxOL2 hUjUTa0 mqf7l I4ViLuHR w2X3A 3i8JPSSw uryAgb3Iu o6PY NOq u6opy OKUj7N7 D81mMw HoKmn hiez5X8jj5Src lOdHZ3j0 9UOHy C5OG Vrxcpk74J.

2Gzb4BFlSKNpA:

k2Mq mX7JPVNRw mUaTaAa VWjozKS i8JPSSw 5s3g aZC7D1e 9Y9Y6 iRw eKvtvhCJUh 6hwuo.... CxvH3...
jbDY3 AkB3QQSA bUgdq6 MqCt0sl wqd1YElCy0zPr YNCx vH3Q8I UK9 BtYx73 Ahwuo o6 bV 7uZVr ysZ2r MThaef2x P9qOT LcCX YkLe3gY2f.

Vr0H DMCKH kkxv rKYZ4i 5O4oY xe2:

4MYJipU.png

JTBZvnyU MphsjyqpWQ4GX GFlBT...

2) Moderation Hot Potato

Now that the first announcement's out of the way, I can tell you about the less impactful changes that have actually already happened. These changes won't make you nearly as much money as announcement one will, but you should still know about them.

You may have noticed that our friend @MetaData has been less active than normal. That's because he's been busy slaying it. His hard work and dedication to his projects has paid off and he's got even more extremely killer opportunities in front of him. It's going to take a lot of focus. Rather than hang on to the title, he's decided to pass the moderator baton. Hopefully he'll be around as much as he can!

Mnt06T3.jpg

I'm thrilled for him and know he's going to crush it. I feel like I'm saying goodbye for us all but that's not the case. He didn't die or anything, he's just not going to mod any more... why am I tearing up?

With that being said, no vacuum stays unfilled for long. After some very serious deliberation with our other moderator @Ryuzaki , we decided to reach out and invite someone else to the team. This person has contributed an insane amount of value to the Builders, has a sensible head on his shoulders, and can be trusted to make the right decisions. We're very happy that he accepted our offer.

I'm happy to announce the addition of our newest moderator...

Congratulations to CCarter. A moderator position at BuSo doesn't come easy, not by a long shot. But you earned it and honor us by taking on the duties. Honestly, this kind of makes me nervous. I feel like we just let the T-Rex escape his area at Jurassic Park or something. The energy scares me.

Welcome to the team!

3) Rising Through the Society's Ranks: Degrees

BuSo is a society, no doubt about it. But we aren't a secret society (at this level anyways...).

dd9eXzA.png

We're a very open group because the name of the game is sharing and helping us all better ourselves and the world. There's a ton of information on here and unless you're browsing pretty frequently, you might not have met all of the characters yet. The Builders may all have the same energy, gusto, and bravado, but we aren't all at the same stage of the journey.

You'll see a lot of discussion and debate here because we're all contributing and trying to shake out what the best approach is to every situation. So some things you read may be more trustworthy or proven than other things. If you aren't sure what to believe, let the Builders themselves tell you.

Introducing the Builder Degrees!

There are 10 Degrees to being a Builder. Each degree is attained in order and is a measure of two characteristics:
  1. Contributions
  2. Validations
In plain language, you earn degrees by submitting posts first and foremost. But unless other Builders validate those posts by clicking the "Like" button, it can be assumed that your contributions aren't as valuable as someone stacking up the Likes.

Your goal as a Builder, if you want to rise through the ranks to become a 10th Degree Builder, is to post the highest quality material you can. Soon, you will attain the next level and lurkers will know that you wield the knowledge and should be listened to carefully.

As always, this forum maintains the highest signal-to-noise ratio on the entire internet, so don't be surprised if your posts get deleted after you submit a bunch of nonsense just to inflate your post count. That won't get you likes and won't earn you the next Degree. It'll earn you a warning. Of course, that doesn't need to be said to anybody here at this time. But one of these days, we'll have to release the T-Rex on a newbie.

4) Two New Badges!

If you've ever browsed BuSo even once, you've noticed that some people have these sweet ass little badges under their usernames on desktop and next to them on mobile. Those are BuSo Pro badges for supporter accounts and Boot Camp badges for survivors of the tyranny of the Traffic Leaks drill sergeant @CCarter .

Well, today we unveil two new badges. Check these bad boys out... The first is for those who attain the highest degree of builderdom:

o0SB2iG.png

The 10th Degree

As always, let me show you how it looks in the wild:

6hSQb9K.png

Before @eliquid gets excited, no... nobody has attained the 10th Degree yet! It's going to be quite a while, although I've seen some 3rd Degree Builders floating around out there already...

The second badge to unveil is mScm0R Nq7Mqnw ox82a:

gKm9fjM.png

I4ViLuHR w2X3A

HoK 8jj5Src lOdHOZ3j0 9UHy mn hiez5X:

Z0zvEid.png

81mMw X8jj5Src lOdHZ VrxHoKmn hiez53 j0 9UOHy C5OG Mq mX7JPVNRw PVNRwMq 7JmX MTxhaef2 P9TqO LcCX Y2fYkLe3g.

5) Username Change Opportunities

This isn't some life altering announcement, but there have been some Builders who've reached out because they regret their username for one reason or another. They didn't want to start a new account and lose their post history. They just didn't want their real name as their username, or didn't think ahead when they used their domain name as their username.

We haven't minded helping people out, but as BuSo grows, there's going to be more and more of these kind of mistakes happening, to the point where I'd spend all of my time responding to private messages and swapping usernames. It's not a big deal until there's 15 requests a day.

What we've done is create an Upgrade option where you can request a username change for a small fee. It's very minor for any business needed privacy and covers our time bouncing private conversations back and forth, changing the name, confirming the user can still log in under the new name, etc. It's a time sink for sure, but we don't want to cut off the possibility altogether. Now everyone wins.

Of course, the best approach is to think carefully about your username before you have 300 posts you'd rather not lose to a new account!

6) The Warning System is Now in Effect

Let me flat out say it. Nobody here has ever warranted needing a warning (well... maybe one or two people total). The Builders are awesome. This is strictly a precautionary thing that we'll be using in the future when there's a lot more forum members posting.

dAgIN0x.png

At that point we won't be able to shoot a nice message to you explaining the situation and asking you nicely to keep an eye out on whatever... @MetaData was the nice guy who created time for that even though he didn't have it. Fortunately there have only been a few instances anyways. In the future there will be too much going on with 100x more members.

What we expect from new members is that they read the Rules first. Everything is laid out very clearly in plain language. And it's one of the only 3 main navigation items, so there's really no excuse. Beyond that, we'll have to start dishing out warnings, which is the click of a few buttons, versus pounding our keyboards to death trying to tippy toe around anyone's feelings.

You guys don't need to worry about it, so I'll keep it quick. The basics of it is that you'll get assigned a point or two. Those points expire over the course of a month or 3 months or a year. So you lose them if you get them. If you keep acting like a goof, you'll begin to accumulate points. If you hit a certain threshold, you'll get yourself banned temporarily for a very short while, and it'll be your own fault. The next higher threshold is still a temporary but slightly longer ban for that account. It's like we're begging people to not keep pushing the boundaries here. If you go buck wild beyond that, you'll catch a permanent ban for that account.

Again, not a problem with anyone here. We're just prepping for the future.

prepping for the future.

for the future.

the future.

Nq7Mqnw

izhj24l.jpg

You guys should get a circle jerk badge for the first update

It's only a triangle right now... unless you wanna make it a square? Squares aren't very illuminati though.

OKUj7N7 D81mMw HoKmn hiez5X8jj5Src lOdHZ3j0 9UOHy!
ASDmn4c34+ SEfso21XxCCvv?

P.S.
JIUw3mn, aqQreritru + 3,16 X 0.61803398

It's only a triangle right now... unless you wanna make it a square? Squares aren't very illuminati though.

Made a quick mockup for you guys.

(Mod Edit: Dude, really?)

Inb4 someone adds it to my account

So CC is mod now... Congrats

Those points expire over the course of a month or 3 months or a year. So you lose them if you get them. If you keep acting like a goof, you'll begin to accumulate points. If you hit a certain threshold, you'll get yourself banned temporarily for a very short while, and it'll be your own fault. The next higher threshold is still a temporary but slightly longer ban for that account. It's like we're begging people to not keep pushing the boundaries here. If you go buck wild beyond that, you'll catch a permanent ban for that account.

Can you clarify these rules?
How long until a point expires?
One month, 3, or a year?

How many points for what?

(no, I'm not planning on getting any, but I feel rules should be clear)

::emp::

Last edited:
Weird some of the content on this long post looks gibberish on mobile

Can you clarify these rules?
How long until a point expires?
One month, 3, or a year?

How many points for what?

::emp::
I got banned for one month, so I think that's the temporary

how do we check these points?

Last edited:

As stated before, the rules are very clear.

If you don't want to deal with the anxiety of the unknown surrounding the warnings, follow the clear rules.

The warnings give an insane amount of chances to not get yourself banned, before the first temporary ban, even more before the second longer one, and even more before the final axe to the neck. The details aren't being explicitly stated because some people like to skirt the line and see what they can get away with. While the rules themselves are crystal clear, if the warning boundaries aren't visible, games can't be played.

how do we check these points?

You'll receive a private message detailing everything about your particular warning if you receive one. Again, we aren't allowing future bad users to explicitly track a list of expiration times and number of points.

So hyped <3

And there was me thinking I understood l33t speak from my misspend yout. Hopefully you've got something nice in store for us peons. The alternative, of course, being marketers being mar--yapyap... :wink:

Off the back of this thread I just read the site rules and mission statement for the first time. I like. Equates to positive energy overall in my opinion. Look forward to being a part of it.

This has turned into a shit show.

I joined here under the guise that this place was supposed to be different.

It was.

But it's changing.

Fast.
Care to elaborate?

Why does every IM forum have a small group of people that moan about everything even when everything is perfect? If anything ruins a forum, it's letting that kind of culture exist. It's happened at every job I've had too. I hate to see it here.

There's rules? Booooo. There's not rules? Booooo. You're releasing something new? Boooo. You're creating excitement? Boooo. I'm bored? Boooo.

Some people will take attention any way they can get it.

It was.

But it's changing.

Fast.
You're right, man. Totally and unfortunately...

It was.

But it's changing.

Fast.

You're right, man. Totally and unfortunately...

These replies are more cryptic than some of the decoded messages in OP. What do you mean?

They're not even huge changes... Does gammification get on your nerves? It's common for forums now. The warning system is also very common.

Should we decipher those "hieroglyphs" before timer stops or we must wait or what? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back