Are there any Q&A Site Traffic Leak Masters Here?

stackcash

I Sell Words
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
So, now that my new site is launched and looking all pretty, I'm going to be hitting the traffic leaks hard to start branding the site and send a trickle of visitors to the site while we wait for it to rank for our keywords.

My main goal is traffic. I'm sure we'll get links out of this too... but the main goal is sending targeted visitors to the site...with the hopes of sending positive bounce rate and time on site signals to the search engines. I'm doubtful this type of traffic will convert, but I'll be grabbing them with an opt-in lead magnet just in case.

Anyway - can anyone shed some light on best practices / most efficient way to traffic leak on Q&A sites?

My current process is somewhat similar to what Neil wrote about here:

https://www.quicksprout.com/2016/03/16/how-to-leverage-qa-sites-to-generate-traffic/

The problem here is that my niche doesn't seem to have a ton of traction on these Q&A sites. There may be a few posts related to the niche each month, with 100-500 views on each thread total. So, it doesn't exactly meet the criteria outlined in the post above.

Any suggestions? Or, should I just start off with forum / community leaking and stop dicking around with Q&A sites?

I would say the process is very similar to leaking from any other platform. When Yahoo answers was hot I was leaking quite a bit from there. One of the most important things is to be FIRST imo (first who answers). Second thing is sharing few different sources of information, one or two of them could be your in depth article, with some link to your optin. Third would be your voice, if you know your stuff people are going to listen, and will thank you for your answers. I haven't used Quora yet (or any answer sites for a long time), but I have a feeling that a little bit of controversy in your answers would do some good job. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have this feeling that majority of Quora users are soo fucking politicly correct that sometimes reading their answers hurts my nuts, and I'm moving out asap (I don't like this website....) - soo long and dull answers...

Thanks Andrew.

Yeah, I figured it's probably pretty dull work. I was just hoping to see if anyone knew the platform in-and-out and could share some of it's quirks...that might make life easier for a marketer.

Back