Anyone tried Quuu?

Degree
I haven't heard of it before but it seems you can do many things that could help with content promotion. I have just paid $5 to have a guest post submitted. If approved, it then goes to Quuu influencers where it should be shared across social media by them. Apparently it should get 100+ shares. You can also get notified of content suggestions by other quuu influencers.

Looks like it is by real people with solid social accounts, rather than automated rubbish, so I'm thinking it could be a very good way to spread your content and outreach. My post is going to be shared for a month so I'll let you know exactly how many shares the post gets. If it works it will be a cost effective way to promote main site pages, articles, buffers, guest posts etc.

www.quuu.co

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quuu.co
Influencer marketing is so hot right now. You should definitely see more value for $5 outreach than an $5 gig via fiverr.
Still, please update us, if you're seeing a notable increase.

Be interested to see how your test goes. These platforms tend to be awesome at the beginning - ViralContentBuzz was - but now the shares don't seem to drive any traffic at all via that platform (a few of the accounts I looked at were suspicious - like they were 'made for VCB' to share and game the free credits.). Marketers ruin everything etc :wink: as Gary V always says.

Well my guest blog article got approved. I have only done it on a cheap fiverr guest post gig pointing to a flavors.me page for testing. Quuu are working on a dashboard for your promoted content where you can track the shares, it's supposed to be nearly ready for launch. Until then I will use http://sharetally.co

They posted an interesting article comparing Quuu and Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin for sharing content http://quuu.co/blog/quuu-promote-vs-the-big-three worth a read.

Update:
So we're about halfway through the 30 days promoting. I used sharetally to check the shares and it only showed about 4 new ones, so I contacted Quuu (who incidentally are great on the instant chat). He showed me a screenshot that showed 27 shares so far which isn't bad. What site would you recommend for accurate share statistics for a page? I'll be asking them for the total tally in a couple of weeks.

I usually use share tally as well and have never had a problem with it. It closely matches the other tools I have checked on.

I'm really not sure 100+ is worth the time and effort. I've never seen an impact from that many but I have definitely seen an impact from having thousands. If your content has legs quuu may be a good solution to get the ball rolling, however. I'm just not convinced this sound any better than targeting your audience using Facebook ads.

Thanks Calamari, it seems sharetally is not picking them all up because quuu is sharing the page using short links.

I have been trying it to get real social signals rather than traffic. Hopefully that will help it convert to traffic after. And for $5 it seems like one of the more cost effective methods, compared to getting signals from bot accounts. As for time and effort, it took about 2mins to add to the quuu system :smile:

I'm thinking it really depends on the article you want to promote. My first one was just a quick fiverr on-niche guestpost and that got 33 shares. Then I tried it with another article and that looks like it is having a lot more shares. One thing I chatted to the quuu team about was the fact all the tweets were identical and contained my twitter handle on. I told them this didn't look natural and they said when version 2 comes out you will get more options and customisations.

Thanks for the feedback, that's good information to know.

My second try has 145 shares with 10 days to go. I'm happy with that for $5

Why don't you guys give it a go and report back with your results?

Back