Anyone Interested in a Group Master Cleanse?

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
In the middle of last year I did my second ever master cleanse. For 5 days (half the 'standard' 10 day cleanse) it was nothing but lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. By the end, I physically and mentally felt like a new person.

This process cleared my head and helped me maintain a positive attitude and execute like a boss on my work during the weeks following the cleanse. It also brought my attention to what I put in my body and helped me shift into a healthier lifestyle.

What is it?
Essentially the cleanse works by drinking this lemonade and purging your system each morning. It 'washes' the inside of your body and cleans all the crap that builds up in your system.

The original cleanser PDF is here for more info:
http://www.nowloss.com/master-cleanse-diet.pdf

This cleanse is perfect for internet marketers because it gets us healthy both physically and mentally - plus many of us work from home, so we are close to a private bathroom :wink:

I am planning on doing another 5 day cleanse this month and was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining and doing it as a group. My idea was to have everyone write an intro post and start their cleanses on the same schedule with daily updates.

Let me know!

Funnily enough, I've been looking at doing a fast for about 3 days after reading a lot about it and watching videos on Snake Fasting
Warning- definitely use headphones and keep volume low - lots of expletives and yelling. : )
He advocates this "snake juice" which is essentially the same thing as you suggested. I'll need to write an intro still, but I wanted to post because I think that your OP is a great example of the collective unconscious at work.

I'll start a post and tag you all ASAP.

@Tiberian , I'll stick to providing info on the original Master Cleanse, there are tons of permutations out there. There are also a ton of sites pushing all kinds of extra info about the master cleanse itself.

I found that the PDF I linked in the first post was the most straightforward and helpful piece to get me started - without any marketing or demographic targeting on top of it.

That being said, it's all in the same vein - so pick your poison i'd say!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113121311

Any old school WF guys remember Daniel Kemp... The Earth Emperor? I do.

No offense to anyone doing this, it just sounds like a bad idea. Not eating solid food for how many days? You should lose weight on this considering your daily intake is like 600 cals.

However you could just eat lean. Chicken and vegetables for a week and go walk or run on a treadmill for 30 min each day and you'll feel 100x better than you do today and no cleanse needed.

No offense to anyone doing this, it just sounds like a bad idea. Not eating solid food for how many days? You should lose weight on this considering your daily intake is like 600 cals.

I think it’s a totally legit concern and something everyone who might take part should consider for themselves.

What I can share is my personal experience from my last cleanse:

I’m active, slim build and have a quick metabolism. I was worried I wouldn’t be getting enough energy from the lemonade, but I ended up being wrong. If I felt low energy, I’d simply drink more lemonade. You can also add more syrup if you don’t feel like you’re getting enough.

I continued to be active, just a bit less than normal by choice. I honestly felt much more even energy wise by the end of the cleanse and never felt like something was wrong.

If a human can live off McDonalds for a month, you sure as hell can cleanse for 10 days. Plus, it’s not like solid food isn’t accessible if you don’t feel right.

Anyways - YMMV, consult your doctor etc etc.

Lemons are extremely acidic. Any chemical with a pH less than 7 is considered acidic. Lemon juice has a pH around 2.0, ranging between 2 to 3. To put that in perspective, the pH of battery acid (sulfuric acid) is 1.0, while the pH of an apple is about 3.0.

Don't do it... As someone who's been to digestive institutes, studied the gut microbiome in depth, and has learned his lesson the hard way...

Try drinking apple juice for 3 weeks straight with very little water and see how your stomach responds. It will be absolutely destroyed. Shocking your stomach with a dissolved lining and giving bacteria such as H plyori for example, a better acidic home to thrive isn't fun. It damages the body.

If you really want to care of your internals:

Take VSL #3 (the refrigerated kind, your yogurt isn't going to cut it), drink raw green smoothies with plenty of leafy greens (hint, they taste like shit for the first few weeks)... No fruit smoothies, no sugar smoothies, I'm talking REAL green pulp smoothie'd up spinach, kale, celery, rainbow chart, carrots, avocado, etc. Avoid processed foods. Avoid sugar which promotes harmful bacteria that overpowers the good bacteria in your gut. Take a real multi vitamin like One Pure Encapsules. Your typical Centrium, etc store bought multivitamins are just bullshit. Throw in a bit of collagen hydrolysate by a brand like Great Lakes along with your green smoothie.

If you can, hunt your own meat, wild game is the best food source you will ever eat. Some say to also cut out the refined carbs like bread, but I personally don't agree with that entirely. Now work out hard every other day and drink water daily.

That shit above sounds easy, but 99% of people won't do it.

But a lemon challenge cleanse on the other hand? It's so damn easy just about anyone will give it a go..

Real results require real effort. Reminds me of the wonders of berries, colon cleanse products, and so on... lol :wink:

Also why is that guy's fingernails painted red? :wonder:

Can't you get the same thing done faster by eating a ton of Taco Bell? That tends to clear everything out real good.

Back