Any Benefit To Having Aged Adwords Accounts?

Degree
I have an old MCC account that I have used for years although some of the accounts on there have some black marks against them because I was doing stuff they didn't like. For client work, I'd rather start up a new MCC so everything I run looks completely white hat.

Am I giving up some kind of advantage by ditching the old, aged MCC account I had before?

What benefits, if any do certain accounts get over others?

The only thing that I think would matter is you would lose your keyword history, that would disrupt your quality scores for those keywords, which would affect your CPCs and positions. If the account hasn't been suspended and you've fixed all the things they weren't happy about, I wouldn't bother making a new account.

Tip: delete old offending campaigns, don't just pause them. Otherwise you'll get warnings about them.

The only thing that I think would matter is you would lose your keyword history, that would disrupt your quality scores for those keywords, which would affect your CPCs and positions. If the account hasn't been suspended and you've fixed all the things they weren't happy about, I wouldn't bother making a new account.

Tip: delete old offending campaigns, don't just pause them. Otherwise you'll get warnings about them.

I didn't notice it before but apparently G didn't like one of my accounts and suspended it. Did what you said and deleted every camp to that account.

Will that 1 suspended account hurt me from here on out for any new accounts I bring into the MCC?

Will that 1 suspended account hurt me from here on out for any new accounts I bring into the MCC?

Can't imagine it would seeing MCC is intended for agencies to manage multiple accounts and who knows what kind of mess their clients made before coming to them.

I might be misunderstanding you but, are you using MCC to run multiple accounts for your own use? If so, why do you have multiple accounts?

I'm not sure why I originally got an MCC. Anyway, now I use it to manage client accounts.

Back