Another Friday and here I am at the computer.

Degree
All my 9 to 5 friends wait all week for the weekend so they can go out and party and have fun and spend a good chunk of the money they made that week on beverages to help them forget the week. FUCK What a sad little cycle that is...

And here I am sitting at my computer building like every other Friday night.

"If you love your job, it doesn't feel like work."

I get frustrated when I make a plans for a social obligation on a Friday or Saturday, but am really in the zone with my building. Sometimes that zone is hard to get, so it's frustrating to break it for... pretty much any reason.

I know that feeling. It'll all pay off in the end, or at least that's what I tell myself when everyone else is out having fun. I don't want my life to pass me by while I'm sitting here at the computer working...

Some of my older friends are like this. All of their money is already promised out for the paycheck they don't have yet. Rent, car payments, phones, internet, TV, and then socializing. They are one emergency away from drowning, but dont' realize it. Life is good and money is consistent... for now. They could get fired or the business they work for could fold. I already know what they'll do... credit cards :( A hole I hear it's real hard to climb out of and real easy to dig.

Don't forget to have experiences and create memories along the way. Gotta find balance. You might work your business till that huge sale, now you're a billionaire and you die the next day. Don't let the days slip away.

As an introvert, I love to sit at home on the computer with a movie or TV show playing on one screen and a browser, video game, or business going on the other. I like my little bubble and re-charge time. Be honest with yourself about what you really want to be doing. If you're staying inside because you're too nervous in social situations, then don't lie to yourself that you LIKE staying inside. You just DON'T like going out. There's a difference.

That's kind of besides the point. We are just taking advantage of every moment to move forward with business! The entrepreneur lifestyle is not always pleasant. Lots of sacrifices along the way.

@MetaData vote to move to Water Cooler? Great post but I'm not sure if it belongs in the Board Room?

my approach is to start the weekends early on Friday, and then work/play as the weekend progresses. Set some attainable goals for the weekend, grab a 6-pack and have at it. Nothing beats a little refreshing work and some after hours beer to calm the spirits.

Last edited:
Friday has become my one day off a week, and even on that day I work a few hours. And then over the weekend I work all day for the most part but I do it very leisurely. That helps. Just like the fellow above me said. Doing it slow and enjoyably with some libations.

Back